Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cover Contest 1/12-1/18 Your Very Favorite Cover Ever

This contest is not just a cover you like. This is for your favorite cover ever. I know that most of us don't have one, single cover that is their absolute favorite, but we do have covers we can call our #1 favorite.
    So post a cover that you can call your very favorite cover. And it would be cool if you could write something about why you love it. And we will personally judge you on the cover you post
    My favorite is Sgt. Fury #16 by Kirby. I first saw this as a House Ad in a Thor comic, I eventually tracked down a copy. What caught me is it is not a big action cover but it tells an entire story in this one image. It also conveys all the emotions from the Howlers defeat to the German's victory cries. It is masterful. And still an all time favorite cover.

Sgt. Fury #16 by Jack Kirby and Chic Stone

Cover Contest Weekly Posted Rules:

Post one (and only one) cover that fits the theme of this week's contest.
    The cover must be from a published comic book, collected volume or graphic novel.
    Covers must be posted before voting begins.
    Voting begins 12 AM Wednesday January 12th and runs until Midnight Tuesday January 18th PST.
    Vote by posting the name in bold of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most. A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to tally votes.
    The winner of the contest is the entrant with the most votes after the voting period.
    It's okay to discuss the covers but if you think someone's entry doesn't fit the theme or violates the rules don't argue it in the thread - simply don't vote for it.
    Most importantly, remember that we're here to have fun. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-12-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Eisner femme fatale cover, the cover that launched my fascination with red dress covers, and the combination of deadliness and sultriness in the figure, Eisner is a master of body language in his art.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 01-12-2022 at 10:46 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I don't really have a 'favorite' cover, but there are several I like a lot, making this a bit difficult to decide on. I chose this one as I hadn't posted it in awhile, I love crossovers, it's funny (to me), and it has two of my favorite characters front and center.

It’s the hardest of all contests… Kirby101
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s the hardest of all contests… Kirby101
    Good. I want people to have to think about it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Changed my mind. I think I'm going to go with a different Favorite Cover, something a little more recent.
    As to why I choose this cover, aside from the artwork which I really like, there are a few reasons. First, the high energy. I don't see as many covers that display this much action in one scene. Second, the fact that it is two women going into battle. Third, the strange relationship between Emp and Spooky. To see them team-up like this is noteworthy. Fourth, Emp and Spooky are probably the smartest, more talented members of the Super Homeys despite each having their own issues. It's good to see them get the spotlight together. Fifth,, the story which is probably one fo the best of the series that I have read so far (haven't yet read the most recent volumes).

Last edited by Tami; 01-16-2022 at 07:15 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

One of the most classic utterings of the Swedish comics character Arne Anka: "To the cosmonauts!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kjn; 01-12-2022 at 11:26 PM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I had comic books on and off before this on but this is really were I started collecting and really jumped into the X books that became my gate way drug in to the spending my money on such.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Moon, you only liked it because it has no feet.

This shiny, colourful cover caught my eye back then… Frisano’s artwork…

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I wasn't their biggest shipper, but this cover by Kubert does make it easy to be one:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Daredevil #191 is an all-time favorite, because it was the end of the Frank Miller run on Matt's ongoing series...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-12-2022 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

This was an easy choice for me. The Cover to my all time favorite Single issue of all time. I love Blackie Drago as The Vulture and I loved when he fought both Spiderman and Kraven!

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Stroll down the runway, another payday
    Cover of magazines
    And when they see me, they wanna be me
    I am the fantasy

Cover girl, put the bass in your walk
    Head to toe, let your whole body talk
    Cover Girl, put the bass in your walk
    Head-to-toe, let your whole body talk

Is this my favourite cover of all time? Maybe not. But it does have a special place in my heart, because I own the original art: purchased from artist Mike Krome at a convention. It is framed and hanging on my wall, and actually looks better in pencil, and the detail on the large version is glorious.