Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default New Superhero Team "The Detective Guild" debuting in Detective 1000 by Snyder

https://www.cbr.com/snyder-capullo-d...ectives-guild/

"The acclaimed duo behind the main Batman ongoing series during the New 52 era will reteam for a special story that introduces a brand new team of crimefighters to the DC Universe known as the Detectives Guild.

Consisting of Batman, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man, Detective Chimp, original Detective Comics protagonist Slam Bradley, what appears to be the Vic Sage incarnation of The Question and Traci Thirteen, the team will assemble in the opening story to the 96-page anniversary issue."

wow.jpg

BANNED

Finally hawkman and hawkgirl reunited hope this leads to them getting back together or the start of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Finally hawkman and hawkgirl reunited hope this leads to them getting back together or the start of it!!!
    I just hope this actually becomes a book, this could just be a tease and nothing more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just hope this actually becomes a book, this could just be a tease and nothing more.
    Well we'll have to wait and see hopefully this is the moment they start to tease romance between Carter and kendera together

Well we'll have to wait and see hopefully this is the moment they start to tease romance between Carter and kendera together
    Well, with martian manhunter there I'm kinda doubtful, Snyder likes them as a couple.

If that is Vic Sage, (it's still not confirmed in-story that it's Vic under the mask over in "Action Comics") I might have to pick this up.

Well, it is a better sounding name than 'Mystery Analysts'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I feel like we've seen a similar concept displayed in other books, but it's really cool to see nevertheless .

It's nice to see somebody finally remember Ralph in the comics, but could he get his purple suit back? Orange just seems weird.

Does Traci 13 count as a detective? Is she supposed to be a "magic detective?"
    I can't believe it's taken this long to see Hawkman and Hawkgirl together since Metal, and it's in a short story in a Detective Comics milestone issue .

Mighty Member

1. So about this Detective Guild thing. If Batman is the World’s Greatest Detective. Why does he need the other guys? Writers have been portraying him as a perfect god for years so I’m having a hard time seeing it. He can literally solve anything on his own. Vic and Ralph are amateur detectives compared to him. So I really don’t know what they can bring to the table.

2. I hope this doesn’t become yet another Batman book. We already have enough.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    1. So about this Detective Guild thing. If Batman is the World’s Greatest Detective. Why does he need the other guys? Writers have been portraying him as a perfect god for years so I’m having a hard time seeing it. He can literally solve anything on his own. Vic and Ralph are amateur detectives compared to him. So I really don’t know what they can bring to the table.
    I think the point is that different detectives with different styles can bring fresh perspectives or a different way of looking at things, which can better help resolve a mystery.

Although there have been indications that, despite being the "World's Greatest Detective," Ralph and Detective Chimp might actually be better detectives then Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the point is that different detectives with different styles can bring fresh perspectives or a different way of looking at things, which can better help resolve a mystery.

Although there have been indications that, despite being the "World's Greatest Detective," Ralph and Detective Chimp might actually be better detectives then Batman.
    I guess that makes sense. It could be interesting to see Snyder spotlight their differences when it comes to their Detective skills. Too bad Flash isn’t in it. Doctor Mid-Nite as well. A doctor can be considered a detective in a sense.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I guess that makes sense. It could be interesting to see Snyder spotlight their differences when it comes to their Detective skills. Too bad Flash isn’t in it. Doctor Mid-Nite as well. A doctor can be considered a detective in a sense.
    Well I guess Barry would've made more sense then the Hawks but Snyder thinks Carter Hall is history Batman, so I guess that's why he's here .

I think the Charles McNider Mid-Nite was a bit of a detective, but I'm not sure about that.

Astonishing Member

This team looks really promising.

Traci 13? I remember her.. She has a different design here.

While the team is interesting, the Bat Family/Sidekicks are irrelevant to the story of Batman/DC beyond nostalgia and emotional drama.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 02-17-2019 at 12:23 PM.