Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If anything, you could use Justice as an outsiders view on Krakoa. Him adjusting to Krakoa is a good pitch for a miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If anything, you could use Justice as an outsiders view on Krakoa. Him adjusting to Krakoa is a good pitch for a miniseries.
    Dear God, no. Keep him far away from Krakoa. I love the X-men. I love the Krakoa era. But the only connection I want him to have with Krakoa is declining their invitation and go back to being a hero.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    What did he say?
    Basically that Vance was an option to learn to better use his TK but he was a nerd or loser...something like that. It was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think he should take over as Captain Krakoa and leave Justice behind.
    Vance revealed as being Captain Krakoa could have been brilliant. If they had gone for a true "Who is Ronin (now)?" style mystery, telekinesis can masquerade as lots of different powers: super-strength, weapons, flight, etc. He takes off his mask and boop Vance Astrovik, the dark horse mutant who never hung with the mutants.
    C'mon! This wouldn't even be the worst costume that Vance has ever worn! (would need a CAPE though)

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Dear God, no. Keep him far away from Krakoa. I love the X-men. I love the Krakoa era. But the only connection I want him to have with Krakoa is declining their invitation and go back to being a hero.
    Definitely...keep him far away from Krakoa. I do however want to see a story with Vance as part of a task force tracking an international mutant criminal who is using Krakoan Gates to get around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Definitely...keep him far away from Krakoa. I do however want to see a story with Vance as part of a task force tracking an international mutant criminal who is using Krakoan Gates to get around though.
    That would be cool.

However I just want him to appear in a monthly book. If it's X-Men then so be it.

Extraordinary Member

Vance in current FF...

VanceShield.jpg

Vance in current FF...

VanceShield.jpg
    Vance's future self has used the shield in the 31st Century and now we see Vance use it in the 21st century.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Vance's future self has used the shield in the 31st Century and now we see Vance use it in the 21st century.
    IIRC...Steve let him toss it around a little in training in the Justice Limited series.

Ultimate Member

Vance in current FF...

VanceShield.jpg
    Seems like a pointless callback, honestly.

But at least Vance got some focus

Yeah I don’t get why they’re suddenly bringing up Major Victory/ Vance Astro. They’re divergent versions of the same person, but our Vance / Justice isn’t destined to BECOME the GOTG Vance. That ship has sailed.

I prefer Vance as Marvel Boy or MV. Justice is okay but if he were to get upgraded to MV, I’d be all for it.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I prefer Vance as Marvel Boy or MV. Justice is okay but if he were to get upgraded to MV, I’d be all for it.
    Same here. I never really liked Justice. As Marvel Boy he was my favourite character back in the New Warrior days.

For 2 issues of New Warriors, Vance was actually called Marvel Man. This was in the Forever Yesterday story line where Vance was one of the leaders of the mutant liberation front along with Magneto and Emma Frost.
    Last edited by kevlon; 02-17-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seems like a pointless callback, honestly.

But at least Vance got some focus
    If I recall this is actually supposed to be a deliberate fear tactic by Reed Richards who got some weird Watcher machine.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    If I recall this is actually supposed to be a deliberate fear tactic by Reed Richards who got some weird Watcher machine.
    Yeah, the Baddoon of the 31st Century (Majory Victory Vance Astro timeline) were afraid when he wielded Cap's Shield---more as a symbol for what it stood for than whatever Vance did with it.

The Watcher may have conveyed that info to Reed to have Cap lend 21st Century Vance the shield to do the same thing there.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!