Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, the Baddoon of the 31st Century (Majory Victory Vance Astro timeline) were afraid when he wielded Cap's Shield---more as a symbol for what it stood for than whatever Vance did with it.

The Watcher may have conveyed that info to Reed to have Cap lend 21st Century Vance the shield to do the same thing there.
    I don't remember off hand, but I'm pretty sure that Vance got his shield after the Baddoon were driven off of earth.

All the same, I called it a pointless callback because there's no reason why the Baddoon NOW would fear Vance with that shield, especially when the Vance who used that shield against them in the 31rst Century was in a full bodysuit

Astonishing Member

Vance did get the shield after the Badoon were driven off Earth. However he DID face them with the shield and with his face exposed--in fact, the first story where he changed his name and costume to Major Victory and had his face exposed again involved Badoon on Earth (they were working with the Punishers gang, whom the Guardians were helping to defeat).

And don't the Vance's wear very very similar costumes? Excluding the Cape obviously.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    And don't the Vance's wear very very similar costumes? Excluding the Cape obviously.
    Vance's original costume was just his future version's costume with the mouth area of the mask removed that he originally wore in the Thing series when he was hanging out with Ben Grimm to hide from a private investigator as a wrestler for the UCWF...then he just added the cape when he showed up as Marvel Boy and tried to join the Avengers.

Future Vance..

Current Vance original costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Vance's original costume was just his future version's costume with the mouth area of the mask removed that he originally wore in the Thing series when he was hanging out with Ben Grimm to hide from a private investigator as a wrestler for the UCWF...then he just added the cape when he showed up as Marvel Boy and tried to join the Avengers.

Future Vance..

Current Vance original costume...

And of course, minus the Guardians communication star.

But their powers were a bit different until much later in the Guardians series.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

And of course, minus the Guardians communication star.

But their powers were a bit different until much later in the Guardians series.
    Yeah...Future Vance was pretty much telekinetic force blasts...Current Vance has developed into full fledged telekinetic.

Astonishing Member

Vance Astro's costume when he first adopted the Major Victory code name:

Vance-Astro-MajorVictory.jpg

Yeah...Future Vance was pretty much telekinetic force blasts...Current Vance has developed into full fledged telekinetic.
    Vance Astro started out as just psychokinetic force blasts, but by the end of the original GOTG series his powers had expanded and he was closer to being a regular telekinetic.

I actually quite like that they wear almost identical costumes. Isn't future Vance in the 616 right now? He appeared in an earlier Guardians of the Galaxy a few years back.

I know that the time lines have split, but I'd like it if our Vance ended up on GOTG. Almost like the can't escape his fate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I actually quite like that they wear almost identical costumes. Isn't future Vance in the 616 right now? He appeared in an earlier Guardians of the Galaxy a few years back.

I know that the time lines have split, but I'd like it if our Vance ended up on GOTG. Almost like the can't escape his fate.
    I think that GoTG series was still in the future...so not 616 as he is not running around in the present.

As for present Vance on GoTG...I just want him to get some love aside from these brief cameos in the latest FF issues. Just keep him away from all this Krakoa nonsense.

Ultimate Member

I think that GoTG series was still in the future...so not 616 as he is not running around in the present.

As for present Vance on GoTG...I just want him to get some love aside from these brief cameos in the latest FF issues. Just keep him away from all this Krakoa nonsense.
    Yeah, if he joined the X-franchise, it'd either be as a cameo or being the guy who's always wrong

Astonishing Member

Did Marvel ever explain the origins of the symbiote future Vance wore?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Did Marvel ever explain the origins of the symbiote future Vance wore?
    I thought that black undergarment thingie was a gift from the Beyonder?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

I thought that black undergarment thingie was a gift from the Beyonder?
    It was but it would come alive at times. I don't think it was ever explained what that was about.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It was but it would come alive at times. I don't think it was ever explained what that was about.
    I believe that the suit was not a symbiote or Venom. It was a living suit that the Beyonder created to help Vance and respond to his wishes. The Beyonder knew Vance had been trapped in his containment suits before and wanted to help him by providing him protection that could be modified if and when needed, without Vance ever having to be trapped again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, if he joined the X-franchise, it'd either be as a cameo or being the guy who's always wrong
    When we get some serious appearances for him in the (near!!) future...I hope we have him being shown as a more capable Vance. By this time he should be on par (skills wise) with Cyclops. Capable tactician and strategist, expert hand to hand combatant, maybe he got his pilot's license...When we really see him next I want him to be presented as one of those guys that can handle any situation he finds himself in.