Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So....Otto knows that Spider-Man is Ben Reilly. And he knows that Ben Reilly is a clone of Peter Parker. So.....shouldn't he definitely know that Spider-man is Peter Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

10) I wonder who or what Maxine Danger really is, considering she can brazenly stand there, arms crossed, stone-faced, while listening to a super-powered megalomaniac killing his way to her, armed guard by armed guard.
    Given her pattern of behavior, I wouldn't be surprised if she was the Spider-Queen.

I also agree with Spider-Man not flying, web slinging is too synonymous with him to ever change the format. I also feel like Otto was wasted here. I get that the real war will be between Ben and Beyond but still Otto is too major of a Spider-Man rogue to be used so sparingly.

I thought Ben was supposed to be the more cynical, world wise Clone from travelling around the US for a few years? Seems bizarre that he's this shocked at a megacorporation using him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I thought Ben was supposed to be the more cynical, world wise Clone from travelling around the US for a few years? Seems bizarre that he's this shocked at a megacorporation using him.
    He also desperately seeks validation from others though. Take Peter’s abandonment issues (from his parents leaving him) and times that by a hundred (from all of Ben’s friends/family/support structure and even identity being stripped from him).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He also desperately seeks validation from others though. Take Peter’s abandonment issues (from his parents leaving him) and times that by a hundred (from all of Ben’s friends/family/support structure and even identity being stripped from him).
    Yeah but people is one thing, megacorps that aren't even babying him is another.Maybe if they better developed the relationship b/w Ben and Beyond/Marcus/Maxine.

One issue you have Ben being straight up going against orders and then his heart his broken when he finds this out.

Also every success he has had has been because of Beyond tech and he hasn't done anything for them/won any fights.

BANNED

The Ben being shattered by Beyond sucking is a casualty of the arc essentially sucking ass.

Beyond is so blatantly evil that Ben just looks like a complete idiot for buying in at all. Not enough time has been spent on his relationship with Beyond on his mental state on what beyond did for him that indebted him to them beside give him a Spider-Man costume.

Even Marcus who's supposed to be like the decent person is you know a dick. A corporate dick. Would be nice if he and Ben had a relationship at all.

Maybe if a little less time had been spent coming up with stupid beyond gags and you know daughters of the dragon crap they would have had panel time to convince the audience that beyond might not be just super evil but they didn't they chose to focus on that other stuff and as a result Ben just looks like a moron.

It does feel like this arc was poorly planned and needed more tome. Beyond STARTED as an Evil Megacorp ffs.

I'm still thinking this Ben is a clone, if Beyond got hold of Parker Industries/Ocks tech that includes his cloning facilities or notes then they could make their own "corporate Spiderman". Especially since (afaik) they make no explanation of how Ben came back from his weird Vegas "Angel of death" phase and hanging around with Ironman.

Incredible Member

It does feel like this arc was poorly planned and needed more tome. Beyond STARTED as an Evil Megacorp ffs.

I'm still thinking this Ben is a clone, if Beyond got hold of Parker Industries/Ocks tech that includes his cloning facilities or notes then they could make their own "corporate Spiderman". Especially since (afaik) they make no explanation of how Ben came back from his weird Vegas "Angel of death" phase and hanging around with Ironman.
    Those are referenced vaguely by this Ben. In the Death of Dr. Strange Spider-Man issue, Ben tells Wong they met in Vegas. Misty Knight and Ben also briefly speak of their time in space together. And the plot of Ben being crazy in his solo series was “resolved” hastily in SpiderGeddon

Astonishing Member

The thing that irks me more is that Peter KNOWS what Beyond is all about and he didn't say a thing to Ben. He acted like he has a vague idea that they're a big corp and nothing more.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    He gives Janine the Beyond drive, hidden inside the mask. The best development in Beyond.
    Right. Felt that was wholly telegraphed and will come back into the story later.

So Ben, all caught up in his own thoughts/emotions just lets Ock walk. As long as they fought wouldn't city personnel be on scene? While separating fantasy from RL my mind still says even in fictional NYC some cops or news choppers are around. Just having Otto leave is a bit....surreal.

Daughters of the Dragon, of course Ock bested you he is a legend. Likely falls into Marvels top 25 of villains and is well....superior to you. Lucky he didn't kill you frankly.

Maxine Danger, clearly there is more to her than we've seen. What is it, how far is the reach blah blah blah.

What research/intel do they have exactly? I find that to be intriguing.

So Otto does or doesn't know Peter is SM? His noting that "something about you is different" could come from knowledge of Peter/SM or just years of familiarity from battle.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig
    So Otto does or doesn't know Peter is SM? His noting that "something about you is different" could come from knowledge of Peter/SM or just years of familiarity from battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    So....Otto knows that Spider-Man is Ben Reilly. And he knows that Ben Reilly is a clone of Peter Parker. So.....shouldn't he definitely know that Spider-man is Peter Parker?
    Does the Beyond file have anything on Peter? They haven't made it clear whether they know Peter's ID. Otto would probably learn Ben's name and that he's a clone of the original Spider-Man from the file but not necessarily anything else.

He supposedly forgot most of what he learned being in Peter's body in the last Superior run.

Y'know, I can't shake the feeling that Beyond already has or is working on having an army of Ben clones available and under their thrall -- especially now because of Doc Ock's comment about Ben being "veal."

Also because, as far as I can remember, we don't know how Beyond approached Ben, and that's something that I've been wondering about since the beginning of this arc. You'd think Ben would have misgivings (at first, at least) if he was approached by some strangers who worked for some company who tell him, "Hey, we know you've got Spider-Powers!"

Is it possible we don't yet know how Ben was approached because, in actuality, he was kidnapped by Beyond and put into a coma or something? And that this Ben is a clone of the "real" Ben, with fuzzy or false memories about how he started working for Beyond?

I guess we'll see!

-Pav, who can't wait to get more info on post-Beyond Ben...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I don't really see why people are saying Beyond is blatantly evil? Outside of the Miles Morales stuff, it honestly seems like standard corporation bullcrap taken to superhero extremes.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Because it's past iteration and history

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Because it's past iteration and history
    Also Peter KNOWS what they're all about.