View Poll Results: Would you like OMD to be undone?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hated OMD and I would like to see it undone and the marriage restored.

136 70.47%
  • No, things are fine exactly the way they are.

57 29.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Would you like OMD to be undone?

I figured it was time for a poll on the subject.

How many of you would like OMD to be reversed and the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane restored?

Myself...I hated OMD and I would love to see it reversed and the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane to be restored.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-29-2014 at 12:06 AM.

I like the current direction and would rather the creative team look ahead to new stories than to 'fixing' past stories.

I want the company to retcon the retcon

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Two retcons don't make a right.

Spectacular Member

This again, huh?

I have an idea. They restore the marriage, but on the condition that Dr. Octopus transfers his consciousness into Mary Jane's body in yet another last-ditch evasion of death. Little does Peter know, but the Superior MJ did leave the milk out and, worse, she deleted his DVR on purpose.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cryptid View Post
    this again, huh?

I have an idea. They restore the marriage, but on the condition that dr. Octopus transfers his consciousness into mary jane's body in yet another last-ditch evasion of death. Little does peter know, but the superior mj did leave the milk out and, worse, she deleted his dvr on purpose.
    lol!! Good one!!!
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Mostly this.

It would create too much chaos at some point.

Very well said.

I agree with this.

On the other hand, having Peter and MJ's memories of the marriage restored wouldn't really be a retcon, and it'd certainly provide copious amounts of drama, so I'd have no problem if they did that.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Maybe not, but EVIL NEVER WIN THE WAR. They sometimes win the Battle, but not the war.

Hell no. I hated OMD as much as the next person, but restoring it would be making things worse IMO. It happened. It sucked. It's been almost a decade. Most of us have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I don't care so much about the marriage being restored, but I think there is a story in both Peter and Mary Jane remembering and addressing the fallout.
    This. Maybe acknowledge that it's happened and they've moved on from it. But not a full restoration.

This is how i feel. They could possibly make things worse. Leave it be and move forward.

It feels like too much time has passed to address OMD again in the books. It would be like the writers deciding to finish the mystery of F.A.C.A.D.E now.

However, if the writing and art was excellent, and the story was built up over months with Peter slowly realizing that things in his current reality are somehow warped or wrong. That he's having trouble remembering portions of his life, etc. It could make for a very entertaining psychological thriller. (Perhaps he even runs into an old acquaintance that has gone mad because he or she remembers how the world originally was before Mephisto altered it.) It has to be something really well written and built up though, I don't want someone to rush some piece of garbage to the stands simply to return to the married status quo.

In an interview JoeQ sad that OMD was a "three act play" and after OMIT there was still one more story to tell, but considering OMIT was pretty bad (except for the art) I cringe at the thought of what the final act could be.

I thought the only reason OMD was done because of in Civil War Peter Parker revealed his secret identity. They shot his Aunt, and he freaked out, so he decided in the cool headedness of his freak out to destroy his marriage to MJ. I think if he were more in control of his emotions he wouldn't have divorced MJ in front of Mephisto, because Mephisto is the high priest of "reasonable". NOT!

I'm not sure if Marvel will ever overturn OMD, but it has been an interesting ride, where you strip away all the marriage stuff and just leave Peter Parker to do his own thing. MJ seems to come out as a very self reliant person, and because of OMIT, she seems content to have made the decision not to marry Peter, because he got hit by a brick. But if they do reinstate the marriage and break the spell of OMD, does Aunt may die?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-09-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I thought the only reason OMD was done because of in Civil War Peter Parker revealed his secret identity. They shot his Aunt, and he freaked out, so he decided in the cool headedness of his freak out to destroy his marriage to MJ. I think if he were more in control of his emotions he wouldn't have divorced MJ in front of Mephisto, because Mephisto is the high priest of "reasonable". NOT!

I'm not sure if Marvel will ever overturn OMD, but it has been an interesting ride, where you strip away all the marriage stuff and just leave Peter Parker to do his own thing. MJ seems to come out as a very self reliant person, and because of OMIT, she seems content to have made the decision not to marry Peter, because he got hit by a brick. But if they do reinstate the marriage and break the spell of OMD, does Aunt may die?

No. Aunt May would not die because she wasn't dying to begin with. It was just another one of the Demon's tricks to get Peter at the bargaining table to get want he wanted...