View Poll Results: Would you like OMD to be undone?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hated OMD and I would like to see it undone and the marriage restored.

136 70.47%
  • No, things are fine exactly the way they are.

57 29.53%
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
    BANNED

For starters...Is it possible?
    They do not even know about the existence of the deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zevad View Post
    Not going to happen. Other generations of fans will only know the single Peter. Only old farts like us will remember the time Peter and Mary Jane were married.

Hello! Newspaper comic.

Peter and Mary Jane are married in it and that's NOT going to change.

All someone who doesn't know that Peter and Mary Jane were married in the comic books will just have to look such a thing up due to the cursiousity of wondering whether or not if they were ever married in the comic book as well as the newspaper comic.

Peter and Mary Jane's marriage will never be forgotten by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Since current Peter is the same Peter as OMD Peter with the past changed and MJ too for that matter I think it would be real is for one of them to regain their memories of the old timeline, especially with this whole Spider verse. It would make a cool story for one of them to remember what they lost
    Nope Darth. OMD employed divergent Earth theory. OMD was always a alternate Earth. Earth-Ridiculous is my nick name for it. It's the only way to avoid any pardoxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Hello! Newspaper comic.

All someone who doesn't know that Peter and Mary Jane were married in the comic books will just have to look such a thing up due to the cursiousity of wondering whether or not if they were ever married in the comic book as well as the newspaper comic.

I'm talkinga bout the movie/cartoon watchers man. In the end they matter more than us old farts who read comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Honestly, everyone in the world knows Spider-Man's girlfriend is Mary Jane Watson. And outside of the actual comics Peter is never depicted being over 20 years old. Seriously, the marriage makes sense when Peter is 25 and older, it doesn't when he's still in school.

All OMD did was make Mary Jane the final love interest of Peter Parker, Marvel has just chosen not to go back to the status quo of 1987-2007 instead reaching out and trying different settings for Peter.
    Or Gwen Stacy. Emma Stone has made millions of fans love Gwen Stacy. Look at Spider-Gwen. At some point Gwen is going to come back to the 616.
    Last edited by Zevad; 10-26-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    For starters...Is it possible?
    They do not even know about the existence of the deal.

EXACTLY!

Considering it was OMD Peter and OMD MJ who made the deal. Why would 616 Peter and 616 Mary Jane remember something they never did?

BANNED

Nope Darth. OMD employed divergent Earth theory. OMD was always a alternate Earth. Earth-Ridiculous is my nick name for it. It's the only way to avoid any pardoxes.

Are you saying that everything before OMD wasn't the 616 universe, but another universe altogether and everything after OMD is now the true 616 universe?

I don't think even Joe Queasda would agree on that one.

And there are pardoxes such things haven't been avoided at all.

The only thing holding the current 616 universe (Mephistoverse) together despite the existence of paradoxes is Mephisto himself.

BANNED

EXACTLY!

Considering it was OMD Peter and OMD MJ who made the deal. Why would 616 Peter and 616 Mary Jane remember something they never did?

Well, for one thing Mephisto himself stated that a part of Peter and Mary Jane's souls would always remember so that they would always suffer what they lost via the deal.

Are you saying that everything before OMD wasn't the 616 universe, but another universe altogether and everything after OMD is now the true 616 universe?

The only thing holding the current 616 universe (Mephistoverse) together despite the existence of paradoxes is Mephisto himself.

I'm saying that the only way OMD can work was that entire arc took place in an alternate universe. Those counterparts made a deal that caused the 616 history (in connection with the Spider-Marriage) to get altered.

Mephistoverse? This is the second time I've run into that term. Are the Marvel Characters in the AlternateWoverineInvisblewomanverse because of what those two alternate future characters did that caused AGE OF ULTRON to be wiped out?

Well, for one thing Mephisto himself stated that a part of Peter and Mary Jane's souls would always remember so that they would always suffer what they lost via the deal.

You believe Mephisto? If that really was A Mephisto. Hand in your Wild Agents of Marvel membership card now!

I don't buy this alternative earth theory. That has never been said. They were married on 616, OMD happened in 616, and the current status quo is 616. This is a time travel story that changed the past. So an imaginative writer could give one the old memories back

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't buy this alternative earth theory. That has never been said. They were married on 616, OMD happened in 616, and the current status quo is 616. This is a time travel story that changed the past. So an imaginative writer could give one the old memories back
    It's the only way it can work. Creates to many paradoxes other wise. Plus Mephisto has never show that kind of power to alter time before. Looking at it more and more the only way OMD makes sense is that it happened on an alternate Earth.

Also are the heroes in the Thanosverse because Thanos has rebooted reality twice now. In fact OMD could have already been erased in the 2nd reboot Thanos created.

Kneel before Thanos! He erased OMD!

Or at least we can pretend he did.
    Last edited by Zevad; 10-26-2014 at 10:59 AM.

BANNED

And you could argue any time Slott showed hints of Peter and MJ trying to reconcile (Spider-Island through to Superior) it was the souls of Peter and MJ managing to gain a foothold because (at the time) Mephisto was either apparently dead or was possiby weakened by some bursts here and there of clear uncorrupt magic (or anything related to the time-hopping and cosmic tinkering of Franklyn Richards during Hickman's run on FF). Mephisto bouncing back caused things like MJ acting thick in Superior and her behavior in the aftermath, same with Peter acting irresponsible in the current relaunch. Alternativly, other forms of chaos magic used in the warping of reality could attribute to the character's flip-flopping.

Hello! Newspaper comic.

It's staggering to find someone with Zevad's level of off-point perspective. He seriously thinks, in the digital age, with blogs and wikis and tumblr sites devoted to the history of multitudes of franchises, that people are going to be THIS deeply ignorant of history?

COO-COO
    COO-COO
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 10-26-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    And you could argue any time Slott showed hints of Peter and MJ trying to reconcile (Spider-Island through to Superior) it was the souls of Peter and MJ managing to gain a foothold because (at the time) Mephisto was either apparently dead or was possiby weakened by some bursts here and there of clear uncorrupt magic. Mephisto bouncing back caused things like MJ acting thick in Superior and her behavior in the aftermath, same with Peter acting irresponsible in the current relaunch. Alternativly, other forms of chaos magic used in the warping of reality could attribute to the character's flip-flopping.

It's staggering to find someone with Zevad's level of off-point perspective. He seriously thinks, in the digital age, with blogs and wikis and tumblr sites devoted to the history of multitudes of franchises, that people are going to be THIS deeply ignorant of history?

COO-COO
    COO-COO
    I'm saying they aren't going to care. It'll be an intereseting footnote. A anecdote. Hey did you know Spider-Man used to be married until they decided to erase said marriage.

Also Our Lord Thanos has erased OMD. Hail THANOS!

BANNED

I'm saying that the only way OMD can work was that entire arc took place in an alternate universe. Those counterparts made a deal that caused the 616 history (in connection with the Spider-Marriage) to get altered.
    Mephisto can only make a deal with those that will directly affect them not their counterparts in another universe. Mephisto made the deal with 616 Peter and Mary Jane they weren't from an alternate universe. He got the power to do what he did directly from 616 Peter and Mary Jane via making the deal.

Mephistoverse? This is the second time I've run into that term. Are the Marvel Characters in the AlternateWoverineInvisblewomanverse because of what those two alternate future characters did that caused AGE OF ULTRON to be wiped out?
    Nothing has been wiped out it has been altered hence the name alternate universe.

The current 616 universe has been altered by Mephisto due to the OMD deal which makes it the Mephistoverse and no longer the true 616 universe.

You believe Mephisto?
    I believe that Mephisto has another motive behind what he gave in OMD for wanting the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane to be undone.

If that really was A Mephisto. Hand in your Wild Agents of Marvel membership card now!
    If it wasn't Mephisto then who was it?

There is only one Mephisto. I have never seen an alternate universe counterpart for Mephisto or any other character that we know that exists outside of time.

BANNED

I should point out that the author of the website "Fantastic Four Was The Great American Novel" identifies the last 27 years of continuity as the "Franklynverse" (though this term is used in official circles to also describe the Heroes Reborn reality) and has brought up that Mephisto is constantly living in fear of what Franklyn can do to reality. Having a stake, any stake, in controlling the reality Franklyn surrounds himself with (and keep in mind Spidey is a friend of the family) may allow him to control what he fears. Peter and MJ's future children could have been instrumental and influencial in Franklyn's life seeing as the Parkers are friends with the Richards.

I feel OMD was the moment we experianced a "changing of the guard", where Franklyn is no longer in control, and that Mephisto now has stake in what he fears, though, as with the nature of all forms of chaos magic, it is difficult for even him to properly control and truly dictate, especially when he is tinkering with the paradigms of a child god in conjunction with trying to control the souls of the married Peter and MJ as they occasionally try to take control of their lives back from him
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 10-26-2014 at 12:57 PM.