View Poll Results: Would you like OMD to be undone?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hated OMD and I would like to see it undone and the marriage restored.

136 70.47%
  • No, things are fine exactly the way they are.

57 29.53%
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thejka View Post
    It's hard to explain, but the stories had more much motion and energy. .
    Bollocks. I've never been more bored with Spidey than I've been the last seven years and plenty feel the same way. There is something missing without the marriage.

And this whole "he can come home safe and sound to MJ" thing is yet another reply that will probably be dissected by my mates on Tumblr. There were good and bad days with the marriage and that soap opera element made the characters feel believable and gave the stories engaging energy. Not to mention too much angst ultimately becomes repetitious and dull.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 11-22-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

I wouldn't be in favor of just going back to where it was, I'd rather their be a way to have it happen, but still have Peter and MJ find their way back to each other. Their are millions of ways to write it.. its a freaking comic book. Just erasing something doesn't mean it didn't happen when you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by thejka View Post
    I'm in favor of keeping things the way they are, rather than reversing OMD. When it came out I was very much against OMD, but the stories afterward made me understand why the did it. It didnt just take away Peter's marriage; it changed the dynamic of his stories. There is a sense of safeness when he was with Mary Jane. Like every story could end with him arriving back to the apartment with Mary Jane there. It's hard to explain, but the stories had more much motion and energy.
    That last bit sounds like more up to the writer than anything else. Also, things were never safe for long with MJ. It's not like they were always on good terms, it actually gave the reader something to worry about Peter losing that was of vast importance to him. Now he has nothing to lose so who cares? Like Cameron Samurai said, Peter being single has left a missing element in the books. Even beforet marriage, Peter was in meaningful relationships more often than not and any of them could have led to something more, which brought that kind of feeling to the table. Since OMD, that has been missing and it shows. The brief bit with Carlie Cooper barely counts because who really cared about that relationship anyway. Actually, most new relationships won't be the same, because we can all expect them not to last now that we know the rules of the game.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-22-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That last bit sounds like more up to the writer than anything else. Also, things were never safe for long with MJ. It's not like they were always on good terms, it actually gave the reader something to worry about Peter losing that was of vast importance to him. Now he has nothing to lose so who cares? Like Cameron Samurai said, Peter being single has left a missing element in the books. Even beforet marriage, Peter was in meaningful relationships more often than not and any of them could have led to something more, which brought that kind of feeling to the table. Since OMD, that has been missing and it shows. The brief bit with Carlie Cooper barely counts because who really cared about that relationship anyway. Actually, most new relationships won't be the same, because we can all expect them not to last now that we know the rules of the game.
    Exactly.. its bad enough that the whole MJ thing is done but their is not one relationship Pete currently has in Amazing' that if he lost it, would devastate him. He's never been more alone. Kinda depressing actually.