Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Al wrote a good Luke Cage in his Mighty Avengers. Bendis would be good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What about Luke Cage written by Al Ewing? You think he could have put out a good book? Personally I remember how he used Luke in Mighty Avengers, it wasn't too bad.
    I liked the way Ewing wrote Cage. He actually didn't make me hate his marriage and made Luke fun.

I think it got canned because it conflicted with Devil's Reign's main book. Luke seems to be gearing up to be Mayor and has played a significant part in the main story. Wouldn't shock me if a solo or mini was announced after Devil's Reign.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Too bad. Of course it was one of the maybe two titles I [would have] bought from Marvel. Don't think I've pre-ordered ANYthing Marvel in two or three months other than The Thing #1, which, despite Walter Mosley's writing, I disliked.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Al wrote a good Luke Cage in his Mighty Avengers. Bendis would be good as well.
    Bendis is responsible for Luke's modern portrayal, having used him in both Alias (Jessica Jones's debut book) and New Avengers. But isn't he still DC exclusive?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis is responsible for Luke's modern portrayal, having used him in both Alias (Jessica Jones's debut book) and New Avengers. But isn't he still DC exclusive?
    This is true but Bendis is mixed bag to me. He made Luke a leader, but then was it such a deconstructed, decentralized group of Avengers at that time. I think Bendis low-key downplayed Luke's triats that would make him a great leader.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I think it got canned because it conflicted with Devil's Reign's main book. Luke seems to be gearing up to be Mayor and has played a significant part in the main story. Wouldn't shock me if a solo or mini was announced after Devil's Reign.
    Everytime someone brings this up I have to laugh.

Supporter: Hey, we are making some signs. Should it be "Luke Cage for Mayor!" Or "Vote Luke!"?

Luke Cage: Uhhhhmmm...

Supporter: Look man, we really need to get working on these signs.

Luke Cage: Uhhhhhh.....

Supporter: What? Luke Cage is your name right?

Luke Cage: "......."
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest