Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Definitely Starfleet.

I get to meet aliens, play around with replicators and the Holodeck, and live in a near utopia. That beats living with a bunch of magical racist fascists in a cold and dreary castle any day.

Although the science of Star Trek is mostly made up, I'm sure that *some* of it has a basis in reality, so I'll make sure to bring back as many text manuals about how to construct replicators, spaceships, the warp drive, etc as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Although the science of Star Trek is mostly made up, I'm sure that *some* of it has a basis in reality, so I'll make sure to bring back as many text manuals about how to construct replicators, spaceships, the warp drive, etc as I can.
    You don’t get to bring materials back, but you can ask a Vulcan mind master to help you memorize information down to extremely small details. I think you might have some success there, if you were willing to open your mind up to telepathic assistance.

Astonishing Member

Even with normal memory, you would be at an advantage, given you have the background to understand the materials. Think about understanding DNA, antibiotics, etc. and arriving in the 1930's. A knowledge of astronomy would guide developments.

Star Trek is a much better universe generally, but they don't seem to have any reliable method of human immortality. Wizards in general seem to live much longer, and if you specialize in alchemy you can even live forever. Also, there seems to be an afterlife in Potterverse, meaning you're sort of immortal if you don't achieve physical immortality. A universe where you get to literally go to Heaven for eternity is hard to pass up.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Star Trek is a much better universe generally, but they don't seem to have any reliable method of human immortality. Wizards in general seem to live much longer, and if you specialize in alchemy you can even live forever. Also, there seems to be an afterlife in Potterverse, meaning you're sort of immortal if you don't achieve physical immortality. A universe where you get to literally go to Heaven for eternity is hard to pass up.
    I don't remember, was that actually confirmed? I thought the Platform 9 3/4 thing was supposed to be some kind of dream/hallucination thing As Harry was between Life and Death, and didn't ACTUALLY speak with Dumbledore's soul or anything.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I definitely go with the Starfleet, even if I do risk a potential encounter with Q.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!