Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Girl Has Been Cancelled

Joelle Jones' Wonder Girl has been cancelled. I thought the book was beautifully drawn but was a mess storywise. Thoughts?
    Please Remain Calm

I'm disappointed, I thought Yara's story was fun and a good introduction via a great fantasy adventure. We are even only in her origin after all.

Hell it's even more upsetting because of the real life pandemic that caused Delays for this series. I hope she gets a new series after the Trial of Wonder Woman event.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Saw this coming with all the delays.

Had to drop it myself because Yara just wasn't interesting enough to keep reading.

Incredible Member

Considering that the material drawn will reportedly be incorporated into Trial: Wonder Girl, I'm betting that this was due to the book running so late it threatened to derail the scheduling for all the books involved.

Extraordinary Member

Jones' art was beautiful and the basic concept was great, too, but yeah, the main story dragged on and on and on. Plus - and I'm not gonna lie - Jones' artwork is the primary reason I pick up any of her books. I realize that she has a hard time keeping up a monthly schedule when she's also writing the book, but once she exits art chores, I exit picking up the book.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Like Yara a lot of Joelle was never capable of writing and drawing an ongoing. Whoever in editorial approved the idea of her doing both was either uninformed or an idiot to put her on both duties. My guess is Yara will become Wonder Woman to line up with Jon and Jace being co-holders of their mantles, perhaps spinning out of Trial. If they relaunch Yara’s book they need to get someone else as co-writer, Joelle simply can’t keep up with the demands of a monthly on her own.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I also thought Yara's TV show falling through had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Like Yara a lot of Joelle was never capable of writing and drawing an ongoing. Whoever in editorial approved the idea of her doing both was either uninformed or an idiot to put her on both duties. My guess is Yara will become Wonder Woman to line up with Jon and Jace being co-holders of their mantles, perhaps spinning out of Trial. If they relaunch Yara’s book they need to get someone else as co-writer, Joelle simply can’t keep up with the demands of a monthly on her own.
    and that will also fail, That said, I agree on whoever approved at editorial level is to blame as well. But DC nowadays is run by incompetents.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Jones herself might have asked for it specifically and just not been able to keep up the workload. Wouldn't be the first time, looking at her Catwoman run.

The only reason I'm not sure about them giving her the Wonder Woman name is they're saying there will be more "Wonder Girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    and that will also fail, That said, I agree on whoever approved at editorial level is to blame as well. But DC nowadays is run by incompetents.
    Comic sales don’t matter, it’s all about workshopping characters for adaption. Besides it’s not like Diana’s sales are all that spectacular either, everyone outside the Batfamily typically sells in the 30k range.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Jones herself might have asked for it specifically and just not been able to keep up the workload. Wouldn't be the first time, looking at her Catwoman run.

The only reason I'm not sure about them giving her the Wonder Woman name is they're saying there will be more "Wonder Girl."
    Maybe they're just making team book with all three Wonder Girls, lol.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would expect her to become part of the rotating back-ups for the Wonder Woman book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Whole thing is rather funny given how many acted like Yara was leaving Diana in the dust even though by the time Diana was back to the main Earth, Yara had like three issues in five months.

I smell a relaunch post trial of Amazon's, otherwise it makes no sense to cancel right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Maybe they're just making team book with all three Wonder Girls, lol.
    I'd read it...