Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Half human/half kryptonian. Makes sense he is more powerful (not!)
    excluding the fictional fact of this, it does make sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...xtensive-study
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Agreed. Its fairly boring and having him be weaker would be far more interesting.
    Jon is rapidly becoming a Garry Stu, IMHO. He's not allowed to have weaknesses or flaws. Heck, one could argue he was always a Garry Stu even as a kid but it has gotten way more obvious in recent years with his feats and now a love interest who literally can't be hurt. I lost my final bit of interest in the character when he outsmarted Lex Luthor not once but twice in the same issue!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well we have a pretty decent idea why this may be happening now. Good news is its not because they're done with her, bad news is that its probably because DC's finally instating their full hostile takeover of IF characters and she'll be replacing a dead Diana in WW.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Couldn't they just let JJ finish up her original arc and release the final chapters (aka a slightly trimmed version of the remaining issues) in a Wonder Girl paperback? They did it for the Who Is Wonder Woman trade some 15 years ago...right? So why not here?

I mean, if she hasn't even finished up the character's origin story...is that a huge waste and embarrassment for DC?
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 01-21-2022 at 12:17 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    excluding the fictional fact of this, it does make sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...xtensive-study
    Still does not make sense at all to me. Again he is half human, and last I have heard, unless you are a competitor for the strongman competitions in which most of the contestants weight 300 or more pounds, they don't even come close to punching down a mountain or lifting trains over their heads

Still does not make sense at all to me. Again he is half human, and last I have heard, unless you are a competitor for the strongman competitions in which most of the contestants weight 300 or more pounds, they don't even come close to punching down a mountain or lifting trains over their heads
    Being half kryptonian doesn't mean he only gets half genes of his father or that the human half of him makes him weaker. He gets what his father and mother are mixed together, doesn't mean that his mother biology is making him weaker.

It's like if you want to make a juice with two fruits and put them in a blender. Both fruits are still there, but it makes a new taste.

Conner is weaker because he is a clone.

It's actually very common in fiction that a mixed child would be stronger than his parents. Gohan for a long time had more potential than Goku. In Devil May Cry, Dante and Vergil are stronger than their dad, despite being half human, half demon. Inuyasha is a half youkai, and so on.

There is a lot more here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...alfHumanHybrid

I think that the fact that Jon exists in the comics is more innacture than him being stronger or as strong as his father, since human and kryptonians are two different species.

"In reality, many closely related Earth species share over 99% of their DNA, but cannot produce viable offspring."

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Being half kryptonian doesn't mean he only gets half genes of his father or that the human half of him makes him weaker. He gets what his father and mother are mixed together, doesn't mean that his mother biology is making him weaker.

It's like if you want to make a juice with two fruits and put them in a blender. Both fruits are still there, but it makes a new taste.

Conner is weaker because he is a clone.

It's actually very common in fiction that a mixed child would be stronger than his parents. Gohan for a long time had more potential than Goku. In Devil May Cry, Dante and Vergil are stronger than their dad, despite being half human, half demon. Inuyasha is a half youkai, and so on.

There is a lot more here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...alfHumanHybrid

I think that the fact that Jon exists in the comics is more innacture than him being stronger or as strong as his father, since human and kryptonians are two different species.

"In reality, many closely related Earth species share over 99% of their DNA, but cannot produce viable offspring."
    I'm not buying it. But...if the writers want it that way than that is up to them. Of course, comic book logic dictates that they can do whatever they want without it making sense, as well as an adult child of Lois and Clark that was somehow aged up very fast. I know time in comics is a stretch.....

Astonishing Member

I'm not buying it. But...if the writers want it that way than that is up to them. Of course, comic book logic dictates that they can do whatever they want without it making sense, as well as an adult child of Lois and Clark that was somehow aged up very fast. I know time in comics is a stretch.....
    As it was mentioned, Clark and Lois having a kid wouldn't make sense by itself.

That said, genetics are complicated. If we inherit half/half traits from our parents, one eye would be the color of our mother and the other would be the color of our father (or the eyes color would be a combination of colors).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Joelle Jones' Wonder Girl has been cancelled. I thought the book was beautifully drawn but was a mess storywise. Thoughts?
    Never read an issue, but a lot of great artists just aren't great at writing. Even George Perez who was excellent as both on Wonder Woman -- was way too verbose when he was writing Action Comics for the new 52. And then there is Neal Adams!

I like the character design, but I really do tired of these endless legacy characters. We already had Wonder Girl 1 and Wonder Girl 2 -- not to mention Fury 1 and Fury 2. Maybe she needed a different name. Anyway, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Jones or WG 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    As it was mentioned, Clark and Lois having a kid wouldn't make sense by itself.

That said, genetics are complicated. If we inherit half/half traits from our parents, one eye would be the color of our mother and the other would be the color of our father (or the eyes color would be a combination of colors).
    Yeah, pretty much. Also, it's how the species can evolve. We would never evolve into something weaker than before.

But anyways, this thread is not about this topic or Jon, so...

I'm still expecting a relaunch of this series by the end of Trials of Amazons.

Incredible Member

Yeah, pretty much. Also, it's how the species can evolve. We would never evolve into something weaker than before.

But anyways, this thread is not about this topic or Jon, so...

I'm still expecting a relaunch of this series by the end of Trials of Amazons.
    Same. Either immediately after or after some time to recalibrate the teams and story direction.

Alternatively, an Urban Legends style anthology for the WW characters makes a lot of sense for me, especially considering how strongly DC is marketing and focusing on all the Wonders (...well, not so much Donna or Cassie, but they are involved).

Incredible Member

One minute she’s DC next big thing, the next her solo title is axed so abruptly that they’ve actually cancelled a previously solicited issue. I only just read the news and one of my first thoughts was I wonder how much of this was to do with the proposed television show featuring the character not going ahead. TBH after the trial of the Amazons I fear them shelving the character. Even if they temporarily kill off Diana I could imagine them using somebody like Nubia instead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Nailed it.
    I read the first two issues and I had zero interest in reading more.
    I thought the story was pretty good I certainty don’t recognise the so called bad storyline that some seem to think it had. Now if you wanted a title that should be axed for a bad storyline I would nominate son of superman.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 01-25-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The book could be relaunched with a "Season 2" like it happens with more series lately, or rebranded as Wonder Girls and feature Yara with Donna and Cassie, not unlikely the past issues of Yara's book.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

From Newsarama:
    Although DC has not explained the reasoning behind the Wonder Girl cancelation, several of the issues in series were delayed with new artists being brought in to assist Jones - the series' main writer and artist - to draw the book. It could be just a matter of scheduling and making sure the two-part Wonder Girl series tying into the larger Trial of the Amazons event, remains on schedule.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-makes-...rprise-finale/

So, it could really just be a matter of not being able to keep the schedule.