Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Preview of the issue, what's to come, the writer and Nick Lowe's OTT talking up he always does isn't doing it for me.
    That is so true:,Think back to Lowe’s comments comparing Ben and Peter. As it turned out, Ben got treated no better then Peter was post OMD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Wells may have an interesting take on Mary Jane, just because he married a woman with creative ambitions who went on to be a well-regarded cast member on one of the biggest TV shows on the planet.
    We recently saw he writes MJ as being so out of tune with Peter, she can't tell it's not Peter on the phone while Aunt May knew it wasn't Peter right away :rolleyes. He also had MJ jump down Ben's throat immediately even though MJ and Ben last had a friendly relationship and one would think MJ would want to hear Ben's side of the story first before jumping to conclusions - this isn't her first go-around with Spider-Man related injuries - but easier to write her as a one-note bitch, I guess :shrug. The other Beyond writers have been far more nuanced and in character for MJ.

That's without taking into consideration Wells wrote a scene in BND showing Peter crawling out of the grave in Kraven's Last Hunt due to being motivated by...Uncle Ben. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes.

Oh well. Can't wait to see what child will be eaten by their parent this time!

Happy about JRjr and Scott Hanna. Looking forward to the splash pages.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-14-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    We recently saw he writes MJ as being so out of tune with Peter, she can't tell it's not Peter on the phone while Aunt May knew it wasn't Peter right away :rolleyes. He also had MJ jump down Ben's throat immediately even though MJ and Ben last had a friendly relationship and one would think MJ would want to hear Ben's side of the story first before jumping to conclusions - this isn't her first go-around with Spider-Man related injuries - but easier to write her as a one-note bitch, I guess :shrug. The other Beyond writers have been far more nuanced and in character for MJ.

That's without taking into consideration Wells wrote a scene in BND showing Peter crawling out of the grave in Kraven's Last Hunt due to being motivated by...Uncle Ben. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes.

Oh well. Can't wait to see what child will be eaten by their parent this time!

Happy about JRjr and Scott Hanna. Looking forward to the splash pages.
    Because it was a natural human reaction to be mad at someone who hurt your loved one and he can def write a good MJ just stop being negative dude you'll give yourself an aneurism

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Because it was a natural human reaction to be mad at someone who hurt your loved one and he can def write a good MJ just stop being negative dude you'll give yourself an aneurism
    The U-Foes hurt him, not Ben. Ben got him to the hospital. That was established in the book and MJ knows that because she comes up with an alibi for Aunt May. Then she spends the rest of her time wringing her hands while Aunt May is the one who gets the doctors' attention.

I'm not sure what you think "a good MJ" is and you're welcome to point to examples written by Wells.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-14-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    The U-Foes hurt him, not Ben. Ben got him to the hospital. That was established in the book and MJ knows that because she comes up with an alibi for Aunt May. Then she spends the rest of her time wringing her hands while Aunt May is the one who gets the doctors' attention.

I'm not sure what you think "a good MJ" is and you're welcome to point to examples written by Wells.

She's staying by Peter's side and aunt may have spent most time at a hospital out any of them and knows how to deal with doctors. He also heads the beyond writing team there's no negative animosity that you "believe" there is

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    She's staying by Peter's side and aunt may have spent most time at a hospital out any of them and knows how to deal with doctors. He also heads the beyond writing team there's no negative animosity that you "believe" there is
    I think this new story line will turn out to be Peter and_ or Spider-man will get framed and it will only look like Peter is to blame for the mysterious event, but will turn out to be caused by someone else

Mighty Member

Looks like instead of how Peter wrecks a Good opportunity, this storyline is about how Peter gets out of the latest mess

Astonishing Member

Variant covers for those interested in such things

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/14/ma...ariant-covers/

I seem to be the dissenting opinion around here lately!

I liked Shed.

From my perspective, the Lizard had stagnated as a character; and I appreciated the changes he's gone through since then. I find the Lizard more interesting now than I ever did before.

That being said, I'd like to emphasize that those people who didn't care for the story, perhaps because they found it distasteful -- you're certainly entitled to your dislike! It's not insane to me that some people didn't care for the Lizard literally eating Billy Connors.

I'm not adverse to a grotesque fictional story, so I'm personally not bothered. (But I'll say this: I have my own personal bugaboos that I prefer not to read about.)

-Pav, who isn't threatened by a variety of opinions...
    Last edited by Pav; 01-14-2022 at 02:15 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/DDKeyD/status/1482088530608156673

There's a cover of MJ webswinging in a Spider-man suit, I think Ill get that. I wonder if it has to do with that Timeless teaser of a woman with redhair putting on the spiderman mask with a white hair female Black Panther.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 01-14-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I seem to be the dissenting opinion around here lately!

I liked Shed.

From my perspective, the Lizard had stagnated as a character; and I appreciated the changes he's gone through since then. I find the Lizard more interesting now than I ever did before.

That being said, I'd like to emphasize that those people who didn't care for the story, perhaps because they found it distasteful -- you're certainly entitled to your dislike! It's not insane to me that some people didn't care for the Lizard literally eating Billy Connors.

I'm not adverse to a grotesque fictional story, so I'm personally not bothered. (But I'll say this: I have my own personal bugaboos that I prefer not to read about.)

-Pav, who isn't threatened by a variety of opinions...
    I really like Wells as writer, and maybe it is because I'm a father, but I found that scene pretty distasteful and unnecesary

Shed was not that bad but it became (rightfully) associated with that dumb, unnecessary shock value death. Connors' character still hasn't managed to move past it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://twitter.com/DDKeyD/status/1482088530608156673

There's a cover of MJ webswinging in a Spider-man suit, I think Ill get that. I wonder if it has to do with that Timeless teaser of a woman with redhair putting on the spiderman mask with a white hair female Black Panther.
    I feel like we'd get more MJ covers if that were the case, but maybe it's building up to that?

Assuming it's not just from the MJ/Black Cat one-shot.

Yeah, I don't understand these excerpts whatsoever. I like the Romita art. Tombstone looks reasonably African-American now. (rarely did before).
    Peter is presenting himself as, what, some kind of street-world operator? Kind of dangerous, him getting that close to known gangsters like Tombstone. Peter would be better off inventing a personality like Bruce Wayne as Matches Malone. Get some elementary fake face, like the Chameleon, voice altering chip, something.

We'll see what happens.

I still don't like Spidey being "on the run"/hated by everyone again.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-14-2022 at 06:11 PM.

Oh yeah I forgot about the MJ becoming Spider-Woman tease, that feels even weirder with Wells coming on board. Gotta be a fake out of some kind right?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/