Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Zeb Wells and John Romita Junior ASM Preview

Extraordinary Member

"Peter’s on the outs with the FF. He’s on the outs with the Avengers. He’s even on the outs with Aunt May! After a terrible and mysterious incident, no one wants to see Spider-Man – except for Doctor Octopus. Ock’s on Spider-Man’s tail and the Master Planner has something truly terrible planned for when he gets his tentacles on Spidey. All that, and Tombstone makes a move that will remind readers why he’s one of Spider-Man’s most terrifying villains… "

Extraordinary Member

We've seen little but I fear he's being nerfed again.I hope not

Cool to see digger again, liked him a lot the first time

The second part intrigues me, seems like a discount Kingpin but I have hope

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

No mention about if the book is monthly now, I’m guessing just for this first arc they’ll let Romita Jr take his time and then they’ll double ship after 900.

Love the dialogue, ngl. Wells seems to have a good handle on Peter´s voice imo. Artwork is honestly solid too, I´m optimistic, ngl.

Spectacular Member

I would say i am a little deceived because is not Hickman. But Wells is good so why not.

Incredible Member

His “Shed” storyline is considered one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time,“
    Who said? I thought fans hated that story

not looking forward to more doc ock the tombstone stuff does seem more interesting. So peter alienate himself even more in the superhero community what else is new. As for the Aunt May guessing that something to do with his Peter Parker life cause i dont think she ever care for Spider-man anyways
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Greatest writer and artist Lee and Romita sr? What about Ditko? Besides that, I wonder what kind of “WTF moments” Lowe has in mind? I would love to see Peter give a major ass kicking to Mephisto and bring the marriage back in say ASM 1000, but I doubt I get my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    His “Shed” storyline is considered one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time,“
    Who said? I thought fans hated that story
    Reception is mixed.

There have been some really positive reviews. It made a few best of lists, even if some people HATED it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Greatest writer and artist Lee and Romita sr? What about Ditko? Besides that, I wonder what kind of “WTF moments” Lowe has in mind? I would love to see Peter give a major ass kicking to Mephisto and bring the marriage back in say ASM 1000, but I doubt I get my wish.
    I think we can forgive Romita Jr being enthusiastic talking about his dad.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    ^^^nice!

I was never a fan of JRJR on Spidey, but the preview pages look great, very dynamic/exciting. Either he’s gotten better at drawing Spidey or my tastes have evolved and caught up w. his Spidey.

I seem to be the dissenting opinion around here lately!

I liked Shed.

From my perspective, the Lizard had stagnated as a character; and I appreciated the changes he's gone through since then. I find the Lizard more interesting now than I ever did before.

That being said, I'd like to emphasize that those people who didn't care for the story, perhaps because they found it distasteful -- you're certainly entitled to your dislike! It's not insane to me that some people didn't care for the Lizard literally eating Billy Connors.

I'm not adverse to a grotesque fictional story, so I'm personally not bothered. (But I'll say this: I have my own personal bugaboos that I prefer not to read about.)

-Pav, who isn't threatened by a variety of opinions...
    Last edited by Pav; 01-14-2022 at 02:15 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/DDKeyD/status/1482088530608156673

There's a cover of MJ webswinging in a Spider-man suit, I think Ill get that. I wonder if it has to do with that Timeless teaser of a woman with redhair putting on the spiderman mask with a white hair female Black Panther.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 01-14-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://twitter.com/DDKeyD/status/1482088530608156673

There's a cover of MJ webswinging in a Spider-man suit, I think Ill get that. I wonder if it has to do with that Timeless teaser of a woman with redhair putting on the spiderman mask with a white hair female Black Panther.
    I feel like we'd get more MJ covers if that were the case, but maybe it's building up to that?

Assuming it's not just from the MJ/Black Cat one-shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I seem to be the dissenting opinion around here lately!

I liked Shed.

From my perspective, the Lizard had stagnated as a character; and I appreciated the changes he's gone through since then. I find the Lizard more interesting now than I ever did before.

That being said, I'd like to emphasize that those people who didn't care for the story, perhaps because they found it distasteful -- you're certainly entitled to your dislike! It's not insane to me that some people didn't care for the Lizard literally eating Billy Connors.

I'm not adverse to a grotesque fictional story, so I'm personally not bothered. (But I'll say this: I have my own personal bugaboos that I prefer not to read about.)

-Pav, who isn't threatened by a variety of opinions...
    I really like Wells as writer, and maybe it is because I'm a father, but I found that scene pretty distasteful and unnecesary