Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Jesus I freaking knew this run was gonna be a f**king disaster bound to happen from the get go.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Extraordinary Member

If leaks are true I hope Marvel comics crashes

The Spider-Man comic brand will never f**king improve if people like Quesada, Breevort and those spineless worms that is the Spider-Editorial are all let go and replaced with actual people that legitimatelly cares about the brand. (This is coming from me as person who doesn't like people losing their jobs but sacrifices and business needs to be made)

I don't care in what capacity you need to remove them, but they really got to go.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Extraordinary Member

So I talked to someone who got the whole issue and Spoilers

spoilers:
    Very first page is the crater panels in York. Next page is a time jump “6 months later” Peter down on his luck w May and Randy. It’s not explained yet what happened, no glowy man. There’s some build up with tombstone and hammerhead and some gang war stuff. Later on Peter tries to speak with MJ but she doesn’t want to speak with him. She in an apartment at the end…and a new guy appears to be with her, and 2 kids show up and call MJ “mommy”.
    end of spoilers

We have panels of the last 2 pages and the rest checks out, he says the action in the middle is good but ending is jarring

Extraordinary Member

More spoilers

spoilers:
    Just mostly Spider-man dealing with tombstone and some gang stuff, an old villain named Digger is involved. Hammerhead or Rose tries to blow up tombstone. Tombstone then finds Peter and tells him to give Spider-man a message. Randy Robertson has dinner with Tombstone to ask his daughter for marriage.
    Johnny storm confronts Peter about something he did to make Sue and Reed mad. Not sure what happened between them. Aunt May seems upset with Peter too
    end of spoilers

Everybody moves on/grows up EXCEPT Peter I HATE IT

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Can someone send the scans my way?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So I talked to someone who got the whole issue and Spoilers

spoilers:
    Very first page is the crater panels in York. Next page is a time jump “6 months later” Peter down on his luck w May and Randy. It’s not explained yet what happened, no glowy man. There’s some build up with tombstone and hammerhead and some gang war stuff. Later on Peter tries to speak with MJ but she doesn’t want to speak with him. She in an apartment at the end…and a new guy appears to be with her, and 2 kids show up and call MJ “mommy”.
    end of spoilers

We have panels of the last 2 pages and the rest checks out, he says the action in the middle is good but ending is jarring

I also read that spoilers:
    MJ tells Peter to stop doing what he's doing, so we're right back to MJ being frustrated with him being Spider-Man. We don't know how she'd feel about Paul if he did, which makes me think Paul might not be her boyfriend and there's more to the kids
    end of spoilers

https://twitter.com/Dogfacedog_DFD/s...opjtsPz_Sq0QMQ

This. So much this.

(EDIT: This too: https://twitter.com/GodzillaMendoza/...V83FzOqfnHs07A)

I swear to go, this better be good or else unless I see a big change in the future, I will not be supporting this
    Last edited by JustLuke; 04-23-2022 at 11:33 PM. Reason: slightly less angy

BANNED

The RYV Parkers are looking more and more like the better versions with each screw-up they make with the 616 variants, because at least with them you get an MJ who will always understand the risks Peter takes and he's willing to forgive her for her own. She shares his experiences right to the end they raised a pretty powerful and important figure in Annie. How anything 616 can do to match that without being married again I can't tell you. Marvel would rather grow him up everywhere else but here, it's like they're struggling to cope too.

That's all the core characters are to me now. Variants. They've been variants since OMD. The 'real' story ended with MC2 for me.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 04-23-2022 at 11:22 PM.

I also echo the sentiment where it's completely frustrating to see every other character be doing things in their lives and moving forward but Peter is eternally a screwup loser who everybody around him hates and he has nothing ever going for him or if he does it's always just 'til the establishment is tired of that little experiment then he's back to being a bum. Rinse/repeat, don't support this crap if you're frustrated too. Of course you want the characters to go through trials but he's always going in the same circles and it feels disingenuous, and frankly makes me dislike the character because it feels like he never learns or grows or just learns the same things again and again.

Spencer's run started with him being disliked by most everyone mysteriously, too. It's been too many runs of unsatisfactory treatment to the characters and unsatisfactory ideas. I think Spencer had the voices the truest they've been in a long time but that run went down the toilet, the editorial problem should be clear at this point as the thru-line. I'm just here at this point to enjoy seeing the conversations and hope for stories I'd actually be interested in buying again.

Does anybody out there actually like this stuff anymore? I mean the book is always selling 'cause it's Spidey but it feels like a great amount of people just buy it because it's Spider-Man and they feel like they have an obligation even if they're not loving it. I'm sure there are people out there who are gonna love this but I wonder how long they've been reading the book 'cause it already feels like so many beats are being repeated after hardly any time doing them prior. Nobody's got an obligation to support entertainment they don't like, best way to say you want better is probably to not buy it.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-23-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

This is bad and even worse when it's Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    About that second tweet, from what I hear, Superman has been shit for a while too.

It's actually funny that Spidey and Supes have similar problems at around the same time, not always of course, but it is noticeable how it can happen.

Would be funny if it turns out the same guy owns both Marvel and DC and is masterminding all of this to ruin both of 'em .

This new run represents the last straw for me with Spider-Man comics. It better be fucking GOOD or else unless I see a big change in the future, I will not be supporting this.
    Yeah more people need to have this kind of attitude, vote with your wallet and whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The RYV Parkers are looking more and more like the better versions with each screw-up they make with the 616 variants, because at least with them you get an MJ who will always understand the risks Peter takes and he's willing to forgive her for her own. She shares his experiences right to the end they raised a pretty powerful and important figure in Annie. How anything 616 can do to match that without being married again I can't tell you. Marvel would rather grow him up everywhere else but here, it's like they're struggling to cope too.

That's all the core characters are to me now. Variants. They've been variants since OMD. The 'real' story ended with MC2 for me.
    I mean 616 can casually outclass RYV if it wants, the few times Spencer wrote Peter and MJ together usually outclassed how bland RYV Peter and MJ sounded at times, specially once Conway was out.

And that's the fucking problem that makes all of this more frustrating, if Marvel wants they can do better, if they put the effort the stories could end up not being garbage, if they didn't focus this much of pissing off readers or just trying to shock 'em so much for short term sales we could get good products, but they don't, they focus on the short term sales by doing shocking bullshit first, proper organic development later.

Like shit, what I've been hearing sounds boring enough that might actually make me miss seing Kindred's garbage monologues about how everything ever is Spidey's fault.

I wonder if I was right too when I joked that Chasm is just a preview of what Marvel will do with Spidey, 'cause oh boy, if I end up being right, nobody wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

This is the twitter reaction that sums it up.

https://twitter.com/sapphyreblayze/s...06049617416204

I love how every new Spider-Man run, everyone's like "this is gonna be the run that FINALLY fixes Spider-Man!" and then it just... isn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Nobody's got an obligation to support entertainment they don't like, best way to say you want better is probably to not buy it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    https://twitter.com/Dogfacedog_DFD/s...opjtsPz_Sq0QMQ

This. So much this.

(EDIT: This too: https://twitter.com/GodzillaMendoza/...V83FzOqfnHs07A)

I swear to go, this better be good or else unless I see a big change in the future, I will not be supporting this
    Same here. Leaks have reaffirmed why I'm dropping the book after TASM (Vol. 6) #1. It's only the second time I've taken it off my pull list. The other was TASM (Vol. 4). I nearly did with TASM (Vol. 3).