Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Sounds fantastic .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds fantastic .
    Yep. Cue rolling eyes.

You know, Peter - not Spider-Man, but Peter in the scene with Tombstone - is acting like a cocky @$$ in the Wells/Romita Jr. ASM #1 preview. I wonder if he somehow gives Ben some or all of his foundational memories plus his sense of responsibility at the end of Beyond. Then Ben can go off and be the mature Spider-Person in a committed relationship with Janine, while Peter will be the manchild who can't be trusted to have an adult relationship with anyone - which would lead to Peter being on the outs with the people in his life.

Trouble is, Spencer already told the story of Spider-Man being divorced from his responsibility and told it well at the beginning of his run with Peter and Spider-Man split into two. But if I were a gambling person, I'm betting that's where Wells is heading. And the Marvel higher ups would LOVE it, as they already think Peter's core value is "youth" - which they interpret as irresponsible and unreliable - and not "with great power must also come great responsibility."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Yep. Cue rolling eyes.

You know, Peter - not Spider-Man, but Peter in the scene with Tombstone - is acting like a cocky @$$ in the Wells/Romita Jr. ASM #1 preview. I wonder if he somehow gives Ben some or all of his foundational memories plus his sense of responsibility at the end of Beyond. Then Ben can go off and be the mature Spider-Person in a committed relationship with Janine, while Peter will be the manchild who can't be trusted to have an adult relationship with anyone - which would lead to Peter being on the outs with the people in his life.

Trouble is, Spencer already told the story of Spider-Man being divorced from his responsibility and told it well at the beginning of his run with Peter and Spider-Man split into two. But if I were a gambling person, I'm betting that's where Wells is heading. And the Marvel higher ups would LOVE it, as they already think Peter's core value is "youth" - which they interpret as irresponsible and unreliable - and not "with great power must also come great responsibility."
    All this

They better not f*ck w/ Peter like that again

Fantastic Member

One thing I will say I like coming up is making Tombstone a threat again. Loved the 90s issues with him, dude was scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Diamondback makes sense if they remember him.

Didn't Silvermane just fight Silk?
    Yeah, Silvermane recently crossed paths with Silk. Considering he's affiliated with Spider-Man, I'd imagine seeing Silvermane there before Black Mariah, Madame Masque and Diamondback. Speaking of which, another Spider-Man rogue/crime boss seemingly missing from this is the Crime Master.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    One thing I will say I like coming up is making Tombstone a threat again. Loved the 90s issues with him, dude was scary.
    Yeah, that's what I'm anticipating the most. Tombstone has always had the potential to be a heavy hitter, hopefully that plays out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Yep. Cue rolling eyes.

That sounds entirely plausible, and that way Peter would be more prone to making the kind of mistakes that level a whole city block

Astonishing Member

Peter looks coky in that scene with Randy too. Something strange is afoot with his attitude

BANNED

And now we have that Tyler Kirkham MJ/Ben variant.

Extraordinary Member

I'm so confused if it's Mj or Janine on that variant

BANNED

I think it may just be an 'outrage' cover, it's an obvious retool of the BND Peter/Felicia cover (although they actually did do it in that issue)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I think it may just be an 'outrage' cover, it's an obvious retool of the BND Peter/Felicia cover (although they actually did do it in that issue)
    That makes sense, Marvel please don't actually do this lmfao

Also hilarious fans are terrified for every new issue/run for Spidey rather than excited.The bar is in hell lmfao

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm so confused if it's Mj or Janine on that variant
    Longer hair, plus freckled shoulder. That’s MJ. It backs up the Peter/Ben merge theory imo.

Honestly, the Peter/Ben merge theory wouldn’t bother me as much as it would others. I think it’s at least possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Longer hair, plus freckled shoulder. That’s MJ. It backs up the Peter/Ben merge theory imo.
    I'm kind of excited, even if it seems like Marvel are revisiting their 'Let's marry MJ off to a Clone' stunt from the 90s, only it's not as straight forward as that because now the clone has the 'essence' of the real Peter, so we'll indeed be rooting for Ben. Poor Janine though.

Extraordinary Member

Please NO, god please no