Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I knew Zeb Wells was going to be the new ongoing writer.
    Feels weird seeing someone from the Brain Trust, who was basically put in charge of a filler run, getting the main title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels weird seeing someone from the Brain Trust, who was basically put in charge of a filler run, getting the main title.
    Maybe that was the plan but he had to improvise a "filler" run because on Spencer's Substack deal accelerating his exit. Also, who better to lay the groundwork for the start of his run than himself?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I always thought it was suspicious that he was essentially brought in to be the lead writer of the Beyond storyline. Even though they did the guest writer thing again, Wells was the person who plotted the story out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only a rotating staff because he wasn't completely free to take on the book fully at the time.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It's funny to see Digger again, he's one of those villains that you wouldn't expect to ever come back. I remember JMS had Peter kill him since "he was not alive anyway", I bet the guy is pretty angry about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Maybe that was the plan but he had to improvise a "filler" run because on Spencer's Substack deal accelerating his exit. Also, who better to lay the groundwork for the start of his run than himself?
    This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Beyond, but maybe we'll get a better idea in the remaining issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I always thought it was suspicious that he was essentially brought in to be the lead writer of the Beyond storyline. Even though they did the guest writer thing again, Wells was the person who plotted the story out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only a rotating staff because he wasn't completely free to take on the book fully at the time.
    I guess that rules him out of writing Ben's new LA title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Greatest writer and artist Lee and Romita sr? What about Ditko? Besides that, I wonder what kind of “WTF moments” Lowe has in mind? I would love to see Peter give a major ass kicking to Mephisto and bring the marriage back in say ASM 1000, but I doubt I get my wish.

Astonishing Member

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Beyond, but maybe we'll get a better idea in the remaining issues.

I guess that rules him out of writing Ben's new LA title.
    I wonder if the will be Gleason’s new gig?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I wonder if the will be Gleason’s new gig?
    Cody Ziglar and Patrick Gleason perhaps?

Looks interesting and I'm always down for some Tombstone/possible gang stuff. As someone posted earlier, I loved Wells's Hellions series.

nick lowe is so bad that after the spencer botch he had to just hire people who were already on the book imao
    at least he picked good ones
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    No mention about if the book is monthly now, I’m guessing just for this first arc they’ll let Romita Jr take his time and then they’ll double ship after 900.
    Wouldn't be shocked if part of the reason for the brain trust was that Wells was writing this arc simultaneously with Beyond - Romita may have been working on the art for months already. Maybe. I don't see ASM going monthly anytime soon, so he's either way ahead or we'll see another artist

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    If it's Rose, Tombstone and gang stuff, hopefully we get some Hobgoblin. Unless they try to make Ned Leeds the Hobgoblin.

Other than that. Looks cool. I will give it a shot
    It'll be really dumb if Leeds isn't used soon somehow. Whether as the Hobgoblin or in opposition to Kingsley, if they wait too long, the whole point of bringing him back will be lost
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

JR Jr's work makes every issue feel like a classic Spidey tale. Glad to see him back.

-Pav, who is intrigued by the characters shown in this preview...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Maybe my age is showing, but when I heard and saw what is this about, all I could think was "haven't we just done that?"

Spencer's run basically started with Peter as a bachelor who, for some reason, was on bad standing with everyone in his world (the super heroes because of Fisk's stunt, and his close ones due to the plagiarism thing). So now we're starting a new run, where Peter is a bachelor and for some reason is on bad standing with everyone in his world. Spencer's run merited a #1, since Slott's long run had just concluded and you could feel at least with a new writer it did seem like a fresh start.

This, not so much. Nothing against Zeb, just the premise seems by the numbers. Still, we'll see.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It'll be really dumb if Leeds isn't used soon somehow. Whether as the Hobgoblin or in opposition to Kingsley, if they wait too long, the whole point of bringing him back will be lost
    And also leaving him super strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Maybe my age is showing, but when I heard and saw what is this about, all I could think was "haven't we just done that?"

Spencer's run basically started with Peter as a bachelor who, for some reason, was on bad standing with everyone in his world (the super heroes because of Fisk's stunt, and his close ones due to the plagiarism thing). So now we're starting a new run, where Peter is a bachelor and for some reason is on bad standing with everyone in his world. Spencer's run merited a #1, since Slott's long run had just concluded and you could feel at least with a new writer it did seem like a fresh start.

This, not so much. Nothing against Zeb, just the premise seems by the numbers. Still, we'll see.
    Well, that we don't know. It mentions he's on the outs with Aunt May but not MJ.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Cody Ziglar and Patrick Gleason perhaps?
    I could see them doing Ben or Miles (if Ahmed leaves)