Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Jesus Peter! Just tell Tombstoone you're Spider-Man already!
    pete being playing this im friends with spiderman game too long and his friends and enemies believe it which is sad
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Not a fan of Peter egging Tombstone on, hasn't life kicked him in the nuts enough for Peter to not have such a cavalier attitude? It bugs me that at this point Peter isn't being written to take all threats at least somewhat seriously

I like Zeb Wells, but JRJR again, though?!? UGH!!!

It's like they were listening to the sect of JRJR Spidey fans who were disappointed by his 08/09 work and gave us what we were saying was missing, Scott Hanna inking him like he did in the late 90s/early 00s is the perfect combo for JRJR on Spidey. Especially now when his pencils have gotten looser you need somebody like him who can tighten it all up with real form and boldness. Klaus Janson and Dean White are great but idk, that pairing just kept JRJR's art really loose and muddy looking- it was a weird choice and maybe they felt the same way looking back as this is a step back in the right direction. Very nice to see Digger again. I hope Zeb Wells brings some real goods he's been holding onto with the writing because he's done plenty of plenty of perfectly enjoyable stories in the past but he should have some bangers stored up. Shed is terrible.

Astonishing Member

Oh, for Pete's Sake! They can't give Peter a damn break?!!!

Now we are going to turn crazy for three months until we discover what the Hell the teaser was talking about!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Shed is terrible.
    How dare you insult the fan-favorite that is considered one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time!

Astonishing Member

No one is asking how can Digger possibly be alive…? It’s been over a decade since I read that story, but didn’t Pete basically disintegrate him?

Anyway, I like him so I’m happy to see him back. Also nice to see JRJr. I hear a lot of people the last few years complain about how JRJr’s style has changed since 20 years ago, but I’m not really seeing that here. His characters are a bit more slender and slightly less angular, but not hugely so. As for Zeb Wells… if I can forgive Spencer for Hydra Cap, then I’m not going to hold ‘Shed’ against him. Wells is a good writer and deserves a permanent crack at the character.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And also leaving him super strong.

Well, that we don't know. It mentions he's on the outs with Aunt May but not MJ.
    I've got this thing where my mind works in legalese, as in you're filling paperwork, when referring to marriage status. So, even if someone is in a relationship with someone else, unless they're engaged or married, I process it as 'single'. So I did mean that as "maybe only MJ gives him the time of day". But on second thought, after this, I don't doubt even MJ is giving him the cold shoulder - the way he's talking to Tombstone sounds like he has nothing else at all going for him.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I've got this thing where my mind works in legalese, as in you're filling paperwork, when referring to marriage status. So, even if someone is in a relationship with someone else, unless they're engaged or married, I process it as 'single'. So I did mean that as "maybe only MJ gives him the time of day". But on second thought, after this, I don't doubt even MJ is giving him the cold shoulder - the way he's talking to Tombstone sounds like he has nothing else at all going for him.
    I guess it wouldn't really surprise me. Especially with Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Beyond, but maybe we'll get a better idea in the remaining issues.

I guess that rules him out of writing Ben's new LA title.
    What is this about Ben getting an LA title? I feel like I missed some announcement.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Can’t wait for this, I love that they brought back Digger, wonder what the explanation will be.

Astonishing Member

Is Wells Marvel exclusive? I thought it was a prerequisite

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    His “Shed” storyline is considered one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time,“
    Who said? I thought fans hated that story
    Reception is mixed.

There have been some really positive reviews. It made a few best of lists, even if some people HATED it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Greatest writer and artist Lee and Romita sr? What about Ditko? Besides that, I wonder what kind of “WTF moments” Lowe has in mind? I would love to see Peter give a major ass kicking to Mephisto and bring the marriage back in say ASM 1000, but I doubt I get my wish.
    I think we can forgive Romita Jr being enthusiastic talking about his dad.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    What is this about Ben getting an LA title? I feel like I missed some announcement.
    i think last week Timeless issue had a scene that shows Ben in LA
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Wells wrote Hellions which I loved, but I found out he dislikes MJ which is a bummer. Guessing she’s going to get sent packing soon. Oh well I’ll give him a chance.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/