Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I haven't really been picking up ASM since midway through Spencer's run, always enjoy seeing what's going on regardless, but I'll definitely be picking this up. JRJR with Scott Hanna is like as close to definitive as the book gets for me visually, and I have faith in Zeb Wells. Keep the art looking good and not-rushed befitting the flagship title, the stories fun, and I'll be happy. Also hope MJ isn't jettisoned from the book lol.

JRJR with a complementary inker is perfect for Spider-Man, so I'm very happy with this news. It'll be interesting to see what the new status quo is and how far reaching it is throughout the book.

Based on what little I've seen, I'm not sure if I'm going to pick this book up. I'm not a big fan of spidey being on the outs with everyone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Based on what little I've seen, I'm not sure if I'm going to pick this book up. I'm not a big fan of spidey being on the outs with everyone.
    Neither I am. Then again, maybe it's not exactly what we think. I mean, the solicitations for the latest issues of "Amazing Spider-Man" semt to indicate Doc Ock was going to cause a massive destruction on New York City, and it turns out we were fooled. Maybe this will be another mislead.

Astonishing Member

What Peter did could be a thing related to Beyond? Seeing that Wells is the new writer he coul be lying his own groundwork and link the end of Beyond with the start of his solo run

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wells wrote Hellions which I loved, but I found out he dislikes MJ which is a bummer. Guessing she’s going to get sent packing soon. Oh well I’ll give him a chance.
    Wells may have an interesting take on Mary Jane, just because he married a woman with creative ambitions who went on to be a well-regarded cast member on one of the biggest TV shows on the planet.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    What Peter did could be a thing related to Beyond? Seeing that Wells is the new writer he coul be lying his own groundwork and link the end of Beyond with the start of his solo run
    well he is writing the last beyond issue so I believe he will
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Wells may have an interesting take on Mary Jane, just because he married a woman with creative ambitions who went on to be a well-regarded cast member on one of the biggest TV shows on the planet.
    And yet he was part of the Brain Trust...

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Yeah that was years ago and it can change. She'll be in the series as the GF and if you look at it from where Beyond is not many supporting characters you can have for the series. Black Cat will show up eventually, Won't see much May, DB will be taken down in Beyond, doubt we'll see much of JJJ so who is left really to be there

don't include black tarantula. they let him beat Spider-Man too easily. It was shameful.

Tombstone, eh? Bring back Joe Robertson to get his perspective on hopefully putting away his childhood friend who became a gangster, for life.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

They could, but that was resolved in the previous run since their kids are dating and no DB and not sure how much extra help Robbie would be in this particular run. It's nice that the Rose is back after brought back. Also means there will be incorporation from last run. Maybe even ring eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And yet he was part of the Brain Trust...
    He got married in 2010.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Not a fan of Peter egging Tombstone on, hasn't life kicked him in the nuts enough for Peter to not have such a cavalier attitude? It bugs me that at this point Peter isn't being written to take all threats at least somewhat seriously
    I'm hoping he has a plan, or maybe after what goes down he realizes smth in that moment and just laughs knowing something.

Or he's just gone of the deep end and wants a fight...

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    No one is asking how can Digger possibly be alive…? It’s been over a decade since I read that story, but didn’t Pete basically disintegrate him?

Anyway, I like him so I’m happy to see him back. Also nice to see JRJr. I hear a lot of people the last few years complain about how JRJr’s style has changed since 20 years ago, but I’m not really seeing that here. His characters are a bit more slender and slightly less angular, but not hugely so. As for Zeb Wells… if I can forgive Spencer for Hydra Cap, then I’m not going to hold ‘Shed’ against him. Wells is a good writer and deserves a permanent crack at the character.
    Yeah was wondering that

I would be a lot more open to this if we hasn't spent 6 months on Beyond ngl.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    What is this about Ben getting an LA title? I feel like I missed some announcement.
    In timeless tease

Astonishing Member

But that was on editorial. Remember that the brain trust was immediately after BND