Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

2 women on the editorial team this time

Extraordinary Member

Here's my prediction

1)That blast in the first tease has smth to do w/ Peter vs digger.Digger is related to being unstable and radiation, he's going to blow up.Unfortunately I also feel maybe Peter uses that hulk cure he was talking about and it all goes wrong and thus it's his fault.Even Digger's eye in the preview is the same color as the blast

2)Still not sure how they're going to have him be on the out's w/ the FF who should know better than to think Peter did it.Unless tombstone's part of that.May Ig makes sense since she doesn't know he's Spidey.Hope MJ is done justice

3)Peter's rugged look + bag when talking to tombstone leads me to believe that that is after the blast.

4)Otto is hunting Peter, no clues given but mildly intrigued

5)Rose vs Tombstone, I like the sound of that

Astonishing Member

Preview of the issue, what's to come, the writer and Nick Lowe's OTT talking up he always does isn't doing it for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Based on what little I've seen, I'm not sure if I'm going to pick this book up. I'm not a big fan of spidey being on the outs with everyone.
    With you. I'll pick #1 at least and see from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Preview of the issue, what's to come, the writer and Nick Lowe's OTT talking up he always does isn't doing it for me.
    What if it was the other 2 editors talking it up and Lowe stays out of it all together

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    JR Jr's work makes every issue feel like a classic Spidey tale. Glad to see him back.

-Pav, who is intrigued by the characters shown in this preview...
    This is my view as well.

I'm a big JRjr (although his modern work hasn't been great..likely due to the inking).

But Zeb Wells...I'm not so sure. He was one of the brain trust back then and he was OK.

And I hated Shed. It's one of those stories that was so "mean-spirited" that later writers had to undo part of it.

BANNED

Yeah Shed was front to back garbage. But Wells career since then has been mostly enjoyable.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I've just had a look through Zeb Wells' Spider-man (and Spidey-adjacent) bibliography and I'm now really unenthusiastic. I'll give it a go, but probably just still reading at the LCS.

I did love his first Carnage miniseries, though. That was a lot of fun.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Yeah Shed was front to back garbage. But Wells career since then has been mostly enjoyable.
    Some writers work better outside Spidey. Not saying it's true for Wells, but it was true for Mark Waid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some writers work better outside Spidey. Not saying it's true for Wells, but it was true for Mark Waid.
    I do like his Carnage stuff! And his Anti Venom mini. And I have dug the issues of Beyond he wrote.

Shed though, was not good or bold or interesting, for me.

Astonishing Member

I quite enjoyed his Tangled Web issues and Doctor Octopus: Year One mini.

Only question is how he'll do supporting character wise

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wells wrote Hellions which I loved, but I found out he dislikes MJ which is a bummer. Guessing she’s going to get sent packing soon. Oh well I’ll give him a chance.
    That sucks that he dislikes MJ. I did a Google search but couldn’t find anything. What has he said about her in the past?

That's actually a false narrative. He doesn't hate MJ. At the time he wasn't a fan of the marriage. He appreciates her as a character

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    ^^^nice!

I was never a fan of JRJR on Spidey, but the preview pages look great, very dynamic/exciting. Either he’s gotten better at drawing Spidey or my tastes have evolved and caught up w. his Spidey.