Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    He's being a lot more upfront with him being Spider-Man with Tombstone than with May
    Depressingly, yes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They're def. not MJ's and that guys because they're was only a six months time skip
    They could have fast aging thing going on, y'know, like Gabriel and Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    "Bug man's wife dead? Hulk's wife dead, too. Hulk sorry".

That scene was actually quite moving, to be fair.
    That it was, and I wasn't implying otherwise, I was just mocking how everyone was telling the grieving Peter to move on from his wife's death, who in-universe died like 5 minutes ago.

Hulk was actually respectful of his grief, friendlier than almost everyone else there lol.

Hell, stuff like that makes me wonder just how many times Spidey and Hulk were friendly towards each other, there's this scene, there's ASM Annual#3 where Spidey refuses to capture Banner to bring him to the Avengers, there's MTU#126 where after a brief fight, Spidey waits for Hulk to detransform, gives Banner his jacket and last five dollars to help him out to run away, there's Immortal Hulk: Great Power, which Spidey decides to wait with Banner until it's night time so he doesn't have to be alone, something Devil Hulk finds touching.

Basically it seems Spidey and Hulk meet once every few years and may share moments like this, which's really shocking to me since I didn't think their meetings would be much beyond fights, and again, I wonder how many other times there were moments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I have a theory regarding Peter's unforgivable sin.
    IN Free Comic Book ASM, Robo-Moira invades Mary Jane's houseand attacks her in an attempt to steal her Gala invitation.
    What's interesting is what Moira said about her ''wearing MJ''.
    Who's to say that Peter learns about this and in his effoert to save MJ does something that destroys completely Krakoa's relationship with the rest of the world causing an diplomatic catastrophy?
    I think it'd be silly for Spidey to do something that can make X-Men hate Krakoa that much, let Krakoa do their own ****-ups without Spidey needing to help, 'cause Krakoa definitely fucks up enough to do that much lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Depressingly, yes lol.

That it was, and I wasn't implying otherwise, I was just mocking how everyone was telling the grieving Peter to move on from his wife's death, who in-universe died like 5 minutes ago.

Hulk was actually respectful of his grief, friendlier than almost everyone else there lol.

Hell, stuff like that makes me wonder just how many times Spidey and Hulk were friendly towards each other, there's this scene, there's ASM Annual#3 where Spidey refuses to capture Banner to bring him to the Avengers, there's MTU#126 where after a brief fight, Spidey waits for Hulk to detransform, gives Banner his jacket and last five dollars to help him out to run away, there's Immortal Hulk: Great Power, which Spidey decides to wait with Banner until it's night time so he doesn't have to be alone, something Devil Hulk finds touching.

Basically it seems Spidey and Hulk meet once every few years and may share moments like this, which's really shocking to me since I didn't think their meetings would be much beyond fights, and again, I wonder how many other times there were moments like this.

I think it'd be silly for Spidey to do something that can make X-Men hate Krakoa that much, let Krakoa do their own ****-ups without Spidey needing to help, 'cause Krakoa definitely fucks up enough to do that much lol.
    True regarding to the being silly part but there was that scene with Robo Moira and her intention to ''wear MJ''. That's definitely going to lead to a Spider-Man involment with the whole Gala thing.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 04-27-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    True regarding to the being silly but there was that scene with Robo Moira and her intention to ''wear MJ''. That's definitely going to lead to a Spider-Man involment with the whole Gala thing.
    Marvel has said Spidey will be an important character in Gala, and it's possible that Moira "wearing" MJ is how it'll happen.

It could also be a lie and Spidey will be sidelined even though MJ is in danger, time will tell lol.

Thought the issue was solid. I think people are criticizing what they think it will lead to more than the actual issue itself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Thought the issue was solid. I think people are criticizing what they think it will lead to more than the actual issue itself
    Nick Lowe begging people to stick around in the letters page sums this all up, he knows it’s a stinker and he is on borrowed time.

Awful story, awful art and awful mystery bating.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    The overall opinion I've seen are people not caring what it'll lead to begin with lol.

For me, I think Tombstone and Digger are fine, but most things about Spidey here makes him into an unlikable douche, I don't like time skips being used to pretend that a story is being developed, specially if something vague happened in the background, which's what's going on here.

So yeah, basically the problem with this ASM issue for me, is Spider-Man, him being the worst thing about a comic, is a really bad sign.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Nick Lowe begging people to stick around in the letters page sums this all up, he knows it’s a stinker and he is on borrowed time.

Awful story, awful art and awful mystery bating.
    Nick Lowe should had used his ties with the X-Office to make The Morlocks, Captain Britain, and The Hellfire Club as part of Spider-Man's world.

Honestly, even if he was someone who'd be more worthy of confidence, I'd still think this issue is boring.

I'm someone who keeps in mind previous writers **** ups, but if I'm bothering reading something they're writing then I'm being fair and giving them a chance (Unless I'm reading a story I specifically know it's bad, like Tom King's The Gift when he was writing Batman, and I read bits of it to see how bad it really was), so even though I expected this to not be good given what I was hearing and the leaks, I gave him a chance to prove me wrong, and again, while I did enjoy Tombstone and Digger, he didn't exactly prove me wrong.

I don't like disliking stuff, and I'm well aware that stuff may look bad at first but isn't that bad once you stop and think about it, but ASM#1 is something that gets worse the more I think about because the more I think about how Spidey is acting, the worst it gets.

It's very possible stuff can improve after this, hell maybe a miracle will happen and this comic will turn out to be good after a while, but this first issue gives me no confidence, since it's not just boring whenever we see how miserable Spidey is, it also feels disrespectful of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Nick Lowe should had used his ties with the X-Office to make The Morlocks, Captain Britain, and The Hellfire Club as part of Spider-Man's world.
    And Darthfury78 outta nowhere with the usual lol.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-28-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That would make no sense though, and they can't be THAT dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That would make no sense though, and they can't be THAT dumb
    Dude, they published this issue lol.

Marvel has proven to us that they are very much idiots willing to do dumb **** to piss off the fanbase, we should not think anything is above them.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Something that struck me about MJ in this issue. She took the call from Peter from a closet or someplace out of sight, as if she didn't want Paul to hear. And she seemed afraid or startled when Paul caught her looking out the window. I feel like the kids are his way of controlling her. Or it may just be nothing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Something that struck me about MJ in this issue. She took the call from Peter from a closet or someplace out of sight, as if she didn't want Paul to hear. And she seemed afraid or startled when Paul caught her looking out the window. I feel like the kids are his way of controlling her. Or it may just be nothing lol.
    Or maybe Paul and the kids are actors and MJ is the actress and everything is just a film or a reality TV show thingy!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Yeah, that...makes sense

BANNED

Expect even more delays on future issues

The Amazing Spider-Man relaunch is sliding down the schedules. The first issue was one week late, the second issue should have been out today and is now delayed until the 25th of May. And right now, Amazing Spider-Man #7 is delayed from the 6th of July to the 3rd of August, and Amazing Spider-Man #8 from the 27th of July to the 17th of August.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ter-and-later/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Expect even more delays on future issues

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ter-and-later/
    Hmm controversial start that really doesn’t entice readers to be too interested in this run, coming off of the heels of the terrible Beyond story that also ended on a controversial note and now plagued with delays. What was it that Lowe said about this being the best Spider-Series ever that they’re working overtime to get into our hands? Because if you believe in omens, this is certainly a bad situation one.