Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So I guess the scary question this trailer brought up is… is the event referred to (‘what has Spider-Man done?’) something Ben will do at the end of Beyond, or something Peter will do in Wells’ new #1? This reminds me of when we were trying to work out if Peter would be put in a coma at the end of Spencer’s run or the beginning of Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I kind of wonder who all the crime bosses are:

- Negative (obv)

- Madame Masque (also obv)

- Hammerhead at the very end

- Black Mariah?

- Some bearded guy and another black man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    1)I really feel like the "What did Peter do" is going to happen at the end of Beyond specially since it's bi monthly and only the first issue is longer than avg.Ot they might really hamfist it in their.I mean the Digger/White Rabbit stuff seems to be in relations w/ Tombstone so I do wonder how they'll fit it in.Although explosion seems Digger related

2)May doesn't know Peter is Spidey so I wonder what gives

3)So Johnny is involved?Peter really must have did/framed for smth terrible if all these people turned on him

4)Digger's eyes are the same color as the explosion.And he seems to be breaking apart by his fingers.So chances that it's digger that causes the explosion is high

5)Wonder what roles Ock's playing and who are all the gang leaders?

It's been too long since we've had Spidey dealing with crime bosses and down to earth threats like that, used to be a big focus. I'm excited for the story on that front and JRJR's art is lookin' sharp. He's right back at home on Spidey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    2)May doesn't know Peter is Spidey so I wonder what gives
    It's been well established in the Marvel universe that anyone who doesn't know Peter's identity still knows him to be friends and partners with Spider-Man, she could be mad at him for 'standing up' for 'that awful' person
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-05-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's been too long since we've had Spidey dealing with crime bosses and down to earth threats like that, used to be a big focus. I'm excited for the story on that front and JRJR's art is lookin' sharp. He's right back at home on Spidey.
    I’m excited for the return of Digger. That’s a character I didn’t think I’d see again.

BANNED

Anyone notice how the J. Scott Campbell Miles Morales variant for the relaunch all had the background characters looking like they'd been demonically possessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    True. I think the closest Spencer got to that stuff was the Kingpin/Boomerang stuff, but this seems more "normal" by comparison.\

Also it looks like now White Rabbit just wears a suit. Remember when she didn't even wear pants ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of wonder who all the crime bosses are:

- Negative (obv)

- Madame Masque (also obv)

- Hammerhead at the very end

- Black Mariah?

- Some bearded guy and another black man.
    The only crime boss that I recall fitting the bearded guy's description is Gavin Thorpe (but I'd be surprised if it really is him considering how obscure he is) and I'm pretty sure the other black guy is Diamondback. One major crime boss seemingly missing from this meeting is Silvermane. Given his history with Spider-Man, Silvermane should always have a seat at the table for crime bosses.

Astonishing Member

The green guy... I think it was that guy that was several gangsters reanimated in one single zombie body, right?

I remember the name now: Digger, A.K.A. the Vegas Thirteen.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 03-06-2022 at 01:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I would hope Rose would be here as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    The only crime boss that I recall fitting the bearded guy's description is Gavin Thorpe (but I'd be surprised if it really is him considering how obscure he is) and I'm pretty sure the other black guy is Diamondback. One major crime boss seemingly missing from this meeting is Silvermane. Given his history with Spider-Man, Silvermane should always have a seat at the table for crime bosses.
    Diamondback makes sense if they remember him.

Didn't Silvermane just fight Silk?

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #93, the final issue of the Beyond Spider-Man arc teases a fight between Peter Parker and Ben Reilly. Bleeding Cool has been pointing out how the removal from Ben Reilly of his lesson about great power and great responsibility, made synonymous with Spider-Man, was going to see these two heading for confrontation. But I get the word that there may be something bigger that might necessitate people lining up at comic book stores come Wednesday morning. Also that Spider-Man fans are going to love it and hate it, as it sets up the next big Amazing Spider-Man storylines going forward, just as One More Day gave to comic book readers a few decades ago. With all of the divisiveness that this entailed
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spec...-one-more-day/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Diamondback makes sense if they remember him.
    I think Bendis resurrected Diamondback in his Defenders run, which admittedly was a fair few years ago now.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

That does NOT sound good lmfao