Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Little too much of a "Jean Shipping" line for my taste, especially since it's not really necessary in this context.
    Ah. Well that doesn’t bother me. I actually like them as a couple better than her and Scott. To each their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Absolutely off topic but i freaking LOVE your avatar. LOL.
    Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Logan got Batmanned years ago, man.
    Agree. More accurate to say Batman got Wolverined

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Absolutely off topic but i freaking LOVE your avatar. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Am I the only one not bothered by the watch speech? Wolverine tends to get a bit philosophical at times and nothing he said really felt horribly out of character for the guy.
    I was fine with it. It didn’t quite hit the note that Percy was going for though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It was definitely in character, just kinda clunky.
    That’s a better way of putting it than I just did above.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 01-15-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Wolverine is a character with a lot of potential and nuance, but a lot of writers don't know how to handle it. Really they default to 2 types of stories with him: 1) tortured warrior or 2) angry attack dog. Percy has used Wolverine largely as a 2), where he's just a blunt instrument thrown at problems in X force and not actually contributing much. But then we get weird moments like with the watch that don't make much sense with what Logan has actually been doing.

Wolverine is definitely overexposed, but its just been weird how despite being a big part of X force and having his own solo he hasn't felt important to anything that's happened at all. His stories are almost self contained, and Logan has been far removed from anything like a leadership or decision making position. Its just this weird nothing of a period for the character. And now he's suddenly getting this big event, and its just like, why? Besides a marketing stunt, I mean.

I always liked a more introspective Wolverine who is trying to become a better person and not kill people left and right. The way he's been used since the relaunch has actively repulsed me from the character, so having this particular writer handling him for this event was a hard NOPE from me from the start.

Spoiler free review…

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...e-spoiler-free

This reviewer gives it an 8/10. Admittedly he seems to enjoy Percy’s Wolverine, which I do as well (it’s his team book, X-Force, that’s been disappointing to me). But this is encouraging. Can’t wait for Wednesday.

Another good spoiler free review, this one giving it an 8.5/10…

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/17/x-...rine-1-review/

It sounds like this event at least starts off really strong. I’m already confident it will be a hit in terms of sales, but I’m hoping it’s really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    It's just that Wolverine has its own franchise and universe just like Spider-Man and Batman. His franchise sells globally and it's not just comics. He sells more than all the popular bunch of x-characters together.
    Yes you bet he is most popular of X-Men. That is why insomniac is making a video game with his name tag.
    Most popular mutant, and the safest mutant are 2 different things. Logan is definitely the latter of the 2. Hard to believe he is the most popular. Hey keep believing what you like, that's what makes America great.

Looking forward to audience reactions when he makes it to the big screen in the MCU. I’m betting they’ll go nuts. Because he’s the most popular mutant.

BANNED

If the most popular character has really been...I dunno...BLING! all this time, why don't the issues focused on BLING! become big sellers? Why would they intentionally ignore the most popular mutant, BLING!, in favor of a character that no one ever buys or enjoys like Wolverine?

We have to get to the bottom of this.

I’m honestly not sure how anyone can argue that he’s not the most popular character at this point. Whether you personally love him, hate him or are indifferent to him, I just kind of felt that was patently obvious. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

These forums are not an indicator of who is the most popular. It's Wolverine, and the only characters who can even be mentioned in the same breath are Deadpool and Rogue, and Rogue has probably fallen off considerably since the early 2000s. Storm, Jean, and Cyclops are nowhere near as popular with the general public as the size of their appreciation threads here would suggest.

Is there really people who denial the fact that Wolverine is by far the most popular mutant?

That´s crazy to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Most popular mutant, and the safest mutant are 2 different things. Logan is definitely the latter of the 2. Hard to believe he is the most popular. Hey keep believing what you like, that's what makes America great.
    Bruh ��������������
    This made me chuckle so hard. Keep crying hard in denial