Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Looks good. Not sure why so many people are riled up about the watch speech but whatever. I will say Logan saying Jean is the only one that loved him is way off though. Still I’m very excited for this. The art is just so good also.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Honestly, character consistency wouldn't be such a big issue if Percy could write an interesting story. Hickman gets away with character inconsistencies because the stories he's telling are not only well written, but also interesting as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Looks good. Not sure why so many people are riled up about the watch speech but whatever. I will say Logan saying Jean is the only one that loved him is way off though. Still I’m very excited for this. The art is just so good also.
    That's Percy inserting himself which is one of the many reasons why I can't read his books.

Every interaction between Logan and Jean in his stories feels so inorganic and completetly out of touch with the rest of the X-Books.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I read it as perhaps the only one living who loved him and knew him so well. Aside from Mariko I suppose, but it definitely felt like in OML when she came back she was changed a bit. Perhaps that could be followed up on at some point. At any rate, totally agree on the watch speech and the art. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I buy it because they're the books with Wolverine in them. I remember when Wolverine was practicing to assassinate Magneto im the Danger room because he thinks he needs killin.
    That was good stuff. I honestly feel like what Logan needs is some sort of status quo change to shake things up, akin to that period when he’d lost his adamantium and had to learn how to cope without it. IMO it made him more interesting and relatable. Not saying he should lose the metal again, as that’s been done. But some other status quo change instead. Just not a return of the hot claws. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Don't forget Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino. That duo was something. For that very reason Sorrentino is getting big these days with DC hiring him for Batman comics that are leading into his film.
    Oh, I haven’t forgotten, my friend. I’m still waiting for them to announce the Lemire/Sorrentino Old Man Logan run collected in an oversized HC inclusive of the Secret Wars OML mini they did together (5 issues) plus issues #1-24 of the OML series (up until Brisson/Deodato took over). Hell, maybe include the Brisson/Deodato stuff too, which wasn’t bad, and make it an Omnibus. That would be awesome.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-15-2022 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Honestly, character consistency wouldn't be such a big issue if Percy could write an interesting story. Hickman gets away with character inconsistencies because the stories he's telling are not only well written, but also interesting as hell.
    I don't think anyone should get away with character inconsistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I read it as perhaps the only one living who loved him and knew him so well. Aside from Mariko I suppose, but it definitely felt like in OML when she came back she was changed a bit. Perhaps that could be followed up on at some point. At any rate, totally agree on the watch speech and the art. 100%.
    Little too much of a "Jean Shipping" line for my taste, especially since it's not really necessary in this context.

I personally just don't find anything about it that interesting and it seems like an industry stunt to me one in conjunction with certain heads at marvel and those who work the shops. I like logan a lot he's a great character but this mini is just another opportunity for shops to order something and pretend that it is the gold nugget in the franchise. Do not believe it. Will the shop owners order it because it's wolverine? You bet? But does that mean he is the most popular? With shops sure but i realize how small that sample size is, they just have the ordering power. But i hope it's a good story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anyone should get away with character inconsistency.

Little too much of a "Jean Shipping" line for my taste, especially since it's not really necessary in this context.
    This might be too early to tell because it's just preview. I am not saying that dialogue was accurate at all but the narrative might fit the story over what he is writing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I personally just don't find anything about it that interesting and it seems like an industry stunt to me one in conjunction with certain heads at marvel and those who work the shops. I like logan a lot he's a great character but this mini is just another opportunity for shops to order something and pretend that it is the gold nugget in the franchise. Do not believe it. Will the shop owners order it because it's wolverine? You bet? But does that mean he is the most popular? With shops sure but i realize how small that sample size is, they just have the ordering power. But i hope it's a good story.
    It's just that Wolverine has its own franchise and universe just like Spider-Man and Batman. His franchise sells globally and it's not just comics. He sells more than all the popular bunch of x-characters together.
    Yes you bet he is most popular of X-Men. That is why insomniac is making a video game with his name tag.

It's just that Wolverine has its own franchise and universe just like Spider-Man and Batman. His franchise sells globally as a whole, not just comics. He sells more than all the popular bunch of x-characters together.
    Yes you bet he is most popular of X-Men. That is why insomniac is making a video game with his name tag.
    unlike marvel apparently i am very good at reading the sales data provided by comicchron and making an analysis on false sales ala Black widow that came out around the same time as giant size storm. One good audit on comic ordering vs actual sales and a look over digital should provide marvel with some real information if they really want to see how shops actually game the system but i'm getting way off topic so i'm done here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

unlike marvel apparently i am very good at reading the sales data provided by comicchron and making an analysis on false sales ala Black widow that came out around the same time as giant size storm. One good audit on comic ordering vs actual sales and a look over digital should provide marvel with some real information if they really want to see how shops actually game the system but i'm getting way off topic so i'm done here.
    Welp then it's settled. Marvel has a thousands of people sitting there who are just fooling around over decades of sales data. You win lol

Welp then it's settled. Marvel has a thousands of people sitting who are just fooling around over decades of sales data. You win lol
    cool. i bet if marvel stopped subsidizing the industry and shops had to make real orders or marvel chose the amount to send based on previous orders these shops placed for what they insist is popular we would see some real numbers as well ^_^ and real orders.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

cool. i bet if marvel stopped subsidizing the industry and shops had to make real orders or marvel chose the amount to send based on previous orders these shops placed for what they insist is popular we would see some real numbers as well ^_^ and real orders.
    Sure those people will be lucky to have you on board lol
    I bet Marvel will employ you and give you all the decisions to make so that all those franchises doesn't crumble apart already lol

Sure those people will be lucky to have you on board lol
    I bet Marvel will employ and give you all the decisions to make so that it doesn't crumble apart already lol
    better than giving it to the shop owners for sure but i have no interest just love the universe. but i do greatly enjoy the time stamps of certain responses here. Almost like a bat signal. lol. But anyway i really do hope it's a good story for those who want to enjoy it. Every good story helps the industry.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

better than giving it to the shop owners for sure but i have no interest just love the universe. but i do greatly enjoy the time stamps of certain responses here. Almost like a bat signal. lol. But anyway i really do hope it's a good story for those who want to enjoy it. Every good story helps the industry.
    Look at the big picture. Wolverine is big. Like Spider-Man and Batman. Wolverine may not actually sale good in comics but I am sure Marvel takes advantage of every penny they spend dozen other ways of distribution otherwise they wouldn't be too fool to be doing this over decades.