Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X LIVES OF WOLVERINE #1 - Big Preview

X LIVES OF WOLVERINE #1 (OF 5)
    BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A) • Cover by ADAM KUBERT

THE BIGGEST WOLVERINE STORY OF ALL TIME BEGINS HERE!
    WEEK 1 – Logan. James Howlett. Weapon X. The mutant best known as WOLVERINE has lived many lives under many identities and in many places, but never before has the fate of the future been so entwined with the past! Fan-favorite eras of Wolverine’s saga are explored anew, along with never-before-seen episodes as Logan must travel to various points in time to prevent the death of a key figure in mutant history. But these LIVES are only one side of the story…
    Be here for the start of the time-shredding saga across all of Wolverine’s history and future yet to come!
    48 PGS./Parental Advisory …$5.99

I look forward to reading it in discounted trade... if the reviews are positive enough.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Who would've guessed that I'd be intrigued by this book. I'll wait for reviews, though.

That stubble is perfection. So many artists struggle with stubble, but this looks really good.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That stubble is perfection. So many artists struggle with stubble, but this looks really good.
    I’ll admit, I don’t know if this is serious or not, but I Lol’d.

Anyway, alternate timelines can always be interesting, I’m just hoping it’s not just Wolverine, because….content drought. If they are putting everything on hold because this is doing something with the line overall, it better be huge.

Astonishing Member

Not going to lie, I get what he's going with for the clock but it feels..overly pretentious? Maybe it's just me. Its not Miller-levels at least.

So looks like time travel is the plan then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Not going to lie, I get what he's going with for the clock but it feels..overly pretentious? Maybe it's just me. Its not Miller-levels at least.

I agree it doesn't sound right for him. But if i don't mix two writers up, this is the writer who thought it makes sense to randomly reveal Logan is a super passionate surfer and highly philosophical about it for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Hahaha this must be the darkest time line
    Or the best. I'm getting a lottery ticket just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I agree it doesn't sound right for him. But if i don't mix two writers up, this is the writer who thought it makes sense to randomly reveal Logan is a super passionate surfer and highly philosophical about it for no reason.
    Same writer. Yep, I'm with everyone that thinks it is too pretentious. Wolverine is a very basic guy

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Same writer. Yep, I'm with everyone that thinks it is too pretentious. Wolverine is a very basic guy
    He’s really not. Claremont and Larry Hama, Grant Morrison and even Mark Millar (in parts of Old Man Logan and Enemy of the State) wrote him with depth, gravitas and layers. And intelligence!

Unfortunately it’s due to him getting whored out by Marvel and passed around by so many writers that ultimately leads to him being written like a one-dimensional simpleton, or “basic guy” as you put it, at times by lazier or less talented writers.

BANNED

Bro, how tf is cerebro a time machine? Cmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

It is. Alot of times Percy's great with the verbiage, but sometimes he swings too hard for poignant and misses.

I'd rather a writer try and miss than just never be artful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Bro, how tf is cerebro a time machine? Cmon.
    Why not just using Rachel, like Kitty Pryde did in Days of Future Past...?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'm at least curious enough to find out what's important enough to warrant meddling with time travel.
    I have read somewhere the theory that Omega Sentinel has gotten hold of a time machine and is going to try to kill or depower and kill Moira in the past, before Krakoa was created, and Wolverine is going the send his mind to possess his past selves' bodies at different points in time to protect Moira.

I think Hickman hinted (in an interview) that messing with time in that way will interfere with Moira's own mutant power to reset time and provoke unexpected consequences.

EDIT: Think about it; if Omega Sentinel kills Moira without depowering her, that won't just change the timeline from that point onwards, it will reset the past all the way until Moira's birth, and it will be replaced by a new timeline in which Moira has been preparing for Omega Sentinel and Wolverine to come during her whole life... and if Omega Sentinel tries again, the same will happen again.

From Moira's point of view, Omega Sentinel will kill her dozens of times, but from Omega Sentinel and Wolverine's perspective, Moira was waiting for them to come at every point of time and managed to survive every time.

Until Omega Sentinel goes back to before Moira's power manifested, and the stakes of the game suddenly rise to the stratosphere...

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Sigh...what's the importance and relevance of time if anyone can roll through it like I drive to Wal-Mart??? Another X-Men story, another raping of the time line. Is originality in existence anywhere throughout this office?
    The Ultimates spoke with Galactus about that and Galactus basically answered that there is nothing they can do... apparently, the past is always being rewritten, and all mortals can do is accept it and keep living their lives without thinking about it...
    Last edited by Habis; 01-13-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    They need bigger sales, bro. So they are doing like the movie

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Well it was Rachel's idea in DoFP, but to your question: why would they use the mutant telepaths with the most experience in chronal exchange when they can have Jean stand there and make him feel like a man? I get Jean knows him "the best" but she's not as talented as Rachel in this area of tp.