Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    The part about his carrying a broken watch is the stupidest thing I’ve read in a long time. I think that Percy took it from an old episode of Thirtysomething.
    I mean it's the same guy that came up with that adamantium surfboard thing

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Absolutely off topic but i freaking LOVE your avatar. LOL.
    He scored 4 touchdowns in the championship game. He had a bright future until a big red thing came into his life. And his neighbor was a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So logan is scared of digital watches becaue he can't use them.
    He can't read 24-hour time.

Mighty Member

Lol! Reading the hate posts for this event is too funny, and all because Logan is the lead character. I guess people would prefer X Lives/Deaths of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Emma, Rogue, ect... Watch this event become one of the top selling for Marvel and the x-line, also watch it feature many x-characters other than Logan in big roles. I mean this event is setting up the Destiny of X era, do people really think it will only feature Logan and sideline everyone else? And as has been said, Wolverine has not had a big presence in the Krakoan era, he's just been there in X-force and his solo and no one can honestly say that Wolverine has been overexposed in this era, so he gets to lead an event, is that so bad. Look at all the books upcoming; Immortal, Red, Knights and others, all free of Wolverine. When Lives/Deaths is done Logan will be relegated back to his two books, this overreaction is over the top.

Mighty Member

The worst thing about this event is how his fans act like total victims and keep insisting Logan hasn't had any big part in the Krakoa era when he was a lead character in HOX/POX, has his own solo book, headlines a team book, and makes cameos in every single other book.

And sales will be at the top? Oh yeah! I'm sure Marvel its creaming their pants knowing that the Wolverine book will sell 10k more issues than most Marvel books.I'm sure the company that just made billions off a SpiderMan movie will be saved from bankruptcy by comic book sales.

But yes, the comic shops that are mostly ran by old school white men will def be buying issues about a white man in a book where woman and minorities are useless. White male comic book fans are so threatened b y anyone else stepping into the spotlight. That's why Digital sales are ignored in these conversations because according to digital sales, people wants lead characters that aren't all straight white men.

Shouldn't Wolverine fans be happy he's the number one XMEN? Why so much insecurity over comments from 5-10 poster here who are tired of the same boring story being told over and over again?
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-14-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Lol! Reading the hate posts for this event is too funny, and all because Logan is the lead character. I guess people would prefer X Lives/Deaths of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Emma, Rogue, ect... Watch this event become one of the top selling for Marvel and the x-line, also watch it feature many x-characters other than Logan in big roles. I mean this event is setting up the Destiny of X era, do people really think it will only feature Logan and sideline everyone else? And as has been said, Wolverine has not had a big presence in the Krakoan era, he's just been there in X-force and his solo and no one can honestly say that Wolverine has been overexposed in this era, so he gets to lead an event, is that so bad. Look at all the books upcoming; Immortal, Red, Knights and others, all free of Wolverine. When Lives/Deaths is done Logan will be relegated back to his two books, this overreaction is over the top.
    Um, do something original and write a different character...??? Logan isn't always the X-Men centerpiece, but they are very close to Batmanning him. There's 100's of other characters if they're so talented do what the greats have always done and write one to prominence. No risk, no reward!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    He scored 4 touchdowns in the championship game. He had a bright future until a big red thing came into his life. And his neighbor was a chicken.
    Lol don't mess with a Bundy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    The worst thing about this event is how his fans act like total victims and keep insisting Logan hasn't had any big part in the Krakoa era when he was a lead character in HOX/POX, has his own solo book, headlines a team book, and makes cameos in every single other book.

And sales will be at the top? Oh yeah! I'm sure Marvel its creaming their pants knowing that the Wolverine book will sell 10k more issues than most Marvel books.I'm sure the company that just made billions off a SpiderMan movie will be saved from bankruptcy by comic book sales.

But yes, the comic shops that are mostly ran by old school white men will def be buying issues about a white man in a book where woman and minorities are useless. White male comic book fans are so threatened b y anyone else stepping into the spotlight. That's why Digital sales are ignored in these conversations because according to digital sales, people wants lead characters that aren't all straight white men.

Shouldn't Wolverine fans be happy he's the number one XMEN? Why so much insecurity over comments from 5-10 poster here who are tired of the same boring story being told over and over again?
    What does straight white men have to do with anything? How many x-books are headlined by straight white men? If anything the Krakoa era have been lead by x-women making power moves and that is all well and good. But God forbid Wolverine gets a lead role and it's all sexism and misogyny that a white male character is headlining.

I don't see a issue with a event being about Wolverine. Unlike a bunch of characters that people on these forums clamor for he is actually popular and sells.The issue is the writer. He's only had a few decent arcs and that's with him writing two ongoings.

I'd much rather have a Wolverine event than another dumb Hellfire Gala or X of Swords. Frankly I think they should completely stop doing events.

Lol to this day my secret headcanon is the chicken fights with Peter on family guy is a homage to Al and Marcy. lmao. And as Peggy would say "Aaaaaaaaal... where would you be without me." *queue your avatar* lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Wolverine's philosophical side is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Um, do something original and write a different character...??? Logan isn't always the X-Men centerpiece, but they are very close to Batmanning him. There's 100's of other characters if they're so talented do what the greats have always done and write one to prominence. No risk, no reward!
    Logan got Batmanned years ago, man. Once you realize that, a lot of the strife over his prominence goes away honestly.

I’m a big Wolverine fan. His overexposure at times is annoying to me due to the inconsistent (and often terrible) characterization that results from so many creators handling him. However, the fact that Marvel pushes him bothers me no more than them pushing any big character (e.g., Spider-man) or DC pushing Batman. I’m glad he’s getting this event. Percy has wanted to do this since the beginning, so they’re giving him the opportunity to do it as an event. My only gripe isn’t that Logan is getting this event, it’s that everything else had to be put on hold… I want my X-men Red and I want it now! Buuut… I don’t think the break was to make way for XLoW/XDoW per se, rather they needed the break to reset the line. So they used this event as a spacer to buy them that time.

Having said that, I get why folks who don’t like Logan anyway would blame the character and this event for their favorites being put on hold. I just don’t think that’s truly the case. The X-office didn’t decide to stop the rest of the line for this, rather they were wanting to do that anyway and used this to fill the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I agree it doesn't sound right for him. But if i don't mix two writers up, this is the writer who thought it makes sense to randomly reveal Logan is a super passionate surfer and highly philosophical about it for no reason.
    Same writer. Yep, I'm with everyone that thinks it is too pretentious. Wolverine is a very basic guy

I'm not interested in this either but some of you say some really mean **** about Percy.

BANNED

I don't see a issue with a event being about Wolverine. Unlike a bunch of characters that people on these forums clamor for he is actually popular and sells.The issue is the writer. He's only had a few decent arcs and that's with him writing two ongoings.

I'd much rather have a Wolverine event than another dumb Hellfire Gala or X of Swords. Frankly I think they should completely stop doing events.
    It's ironic how people loathe him because he sells and keeps the franchise actually sustained. Still I agree the writer of this book hasn't done anything remotely interesting these days