Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Does any of this still happening hinge on how Gotham Knights does?

I largely feel this show has missed its window.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not surprised - did anyone really still hold any hope of this ever happening?

Yeah, we all knew this one was coming. Still sad.

When Gotham Knights got a series order after Naomi came and went and Justice U had still not become a reality it was surely never going to happen.

I thought this had only happened.

Guess there goes any last hope for the Arrowverse.

I do wonder if Lady Zorro could've been any good.
    LZorro.jpg

In the 90s when Topps dabbled in comics their Zorro book introduced a character called Lady Rawhide and she was the sensation of the moment for a short spell.

Incredible Member

Knew this show wasn't happening from the get-go. The basic premise wasn't flushed out - it wasn't even clear what "heroes" he was going to mentor.

I think the whole thing was just to throw a bone to David Ramsey...they must have promised him continued work with the network after Arrow. I notice his name occassionally as a director or something else on other CW shows. Hopefully, he can get a steady gig again.

Reading the article, it wasn't just this show but every potential/prospective show they had a pilot for. And the article reminded me of the Nexstar takeover. I'm guessing they're gonna go the "no new programming route" and eventually the CW will only have reruns of shows from other networks, reality series and judge shows most especially. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Reading the article, it wasn't just this show but every potential/prospective show they had a pilot for. And the article reminded me of the Nexstar takeover. I'm guessing they're gonna go the "no new programming route" and eventually the CW will only have reruns of shows from other networks, reality series and judge shows most especially. Am I wrong in this assumption?
    It seems about what people are expecting.

When I first saw the thread, I thought the headline was referring to the alt-right financial guy Dave Ramsey. That would've been so bonkers it would almost be worth seeing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It sucks for Dave not to get one last show, but this one was not a good idea from the get go. Considering most characters are never younger than early 20s. So an "academy" simply was not going to work without introducing a bunch of teen heroes, at least.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It sucks for Dave not to get one last show, but this one was not a good idea from the get go. Considering most characters are never younger than early 20s. So an "academy" simply was not going to work without introducing a bunch of teen heroes, at least.
    Which would have been prime CW style teen drama/angst for 90% of every episode I am sure.

I am also one who is glad this show isn't moving forward. The Arrowverse is dead. Let's be happy for the good stuff it brought us, try and forget about the mountain of bad and keep it moving.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I also wonder if they thought "Gotham Knights" covered a lot of that ground in terms of "new young heroes coming into their own" as a premise, making "Justice U" somewhat redundant. (I think we comic book fans understand there's more than one way to skin a cat, or present a premise, but tv execs - less so)

I also cynically suspect there's a chance they only put it into development to satisfy some clause in Ramsey's deal but I don't know enough about the business side of things to say how that works.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-26-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Stargirl was basically the same premise.
    Starts with having Stripsey as the mentor to Courtney and the JSA teen replacements. Adding in Starman along the way.
    Adult mentors with up and coming heroes.