Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Default CW Developing 'Justice U' Starring David Ramsey teaching the heroes of tomorrow.

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/510...ys-john-diggle

So I guess further confirm our disappointment with him not being able to go the Lantern route....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'm curious who the students are.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious who the students are.
    Bet it'd be original characters with like one who has possible ties to an existing DC character that we will get teased about to no end with or without actual payoff....

Sky High? Will he teach the heroes or the sidekicks?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Bet it'd be original characters with like one who has possible ties to an existing DC character that we will get teased about to no end with or without actual payoff....
    I'm hoping it's Hotspot and friends from that storyline with Atom.

I never cared for Diggle as GL as the Guardian fit him better.

This has got to be the most CW Superhero show premise I have ever seen for the CW.

I feel like Diggle deserves better. Also probably not going to mention his ring at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping it's Hotspot and friends from that storyline with Atom.

I never cared for Diggle as GL as the Guardian fit him better.
    I would not be adverse to them co-opting the Jurgens Teen Titans run, I am a fan of it, heck, i am making custom action figures of all of them, I liked it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This has got to be the most CW Superhero show premise I have ever seen for the CW.

I feel like Diggle deserves better. Also probably not going to mention his ring at all.
    But by the same token, I do agree with this too.

I mean, I'm glad to have Diggle back but.....I'm still thoroughly disappointed that they won't let him be Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, I'm glad to have Diggle back but.....I'm still thoroughly disappointed that they won't let him be Green Lantern.
    I mean let's be honest, they don't have the budget for that. The whole ring tease was basically fanservice, I don't think they ever planned to follow up on it the way we hoped, so it might as well not even happened

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I mean let's be honest, they don't have the budget for that. The whole ring tease was basically fanservice, I don't think they ever planned to follow up on it the way we hoped, so it might as well not even happened
    I mean, look at Stargirl, that is also produced by the CW, they have a Lantern of their own. Having him be Green Lantern does not necessarily mean also introducing the whole Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, look at Stargirl, that is also produced by the CW, they have a Lantern of their own. Having him be Green Lantern does not necessarily mean also introducing the whole Corps.
    Interesting, I haven't had the chance to watch season 2 yet, but from what I've looked up they use her powers sparingly. Seems like it would take considerable budget to do, I'm of the mind if we can't get a Diggle based GL show(Even more unlikely with HBO Max show) We could at least have him show up on crossovers, but from all the teases that amounted to nothing, doesn't seem like they're interested in doing any follow up on the ring.

I feel like some of the FX they were doing for Dreamer on Supergirl would be adaptable for a GL, if they so chose.

That being said, I was expecting they were never going to capitalize on the GL teasing, but it makes all that stuff in Diggle's guest appearances seem pointless other than to remind people he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They definitely need to bring on Caitlin to teach chemistry and/or Frost to run drills. At least have her drop by for the easter egg alone...

I mean, maybe we are talking too soon and they'll resolve it in any way. Yes, I want to be positive, leave me alone :P

At any rate, even though I'm not convinced of the premise yet, I'm glad to see that the Arrowverse is obviously not dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I love skyhigh so that's great!