Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, maybe we are talking too soon and they'll resolve it in any way. Yes, I want to be positive, leave me alone :P

At any rate, even though I'm not convinced of the premise yet, I'm glad to see that the Arrowverse is obviously not dying.
    It's definitely on the decline. There's a fine line between a show in development, then going on to get a pilot and then going on to series. Painkiller I believe was also "in development" and obviously didn't make it to series.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So does this mean they don't think the new owners will change their programming?
    Assassinate Putin!

Just in time for the network to be sold. I doubt this gets any further than the planning stage. Especially if the buyers are those that don't want original programing.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    It's definitely on the decline. There's a fine line between a show in development, then going on to get a pilot and then going on to series. Painkiller I believe was also "in development" and obviously didn't make it to series.
    Painkiller was a terrible idea on basically every level tho. I think more people could get down with a show about Diggle than that easily.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Painkiller was a terrible idea on basically every level tho. I think more people could get down with a show about Diggle than that easily.
    I would, but this premise doesn't excite me yet. Guess we'll see as more details emerge.

I guess deal aside they are still attempting to push DC content for now. Which the more that I think about I'm not shocked that a lot of these stay on the network. Not sure how a new show gets off the ground.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

well my first reaction is to groan... but it might be okay. all the cw's soapiness and emotional drama seems to work better with teenage characters (see Lois & Clark or Stargirl) as opposed to characters who are ostensibly adults possessing emotional maturity.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Until everything shakes out with what we know of the pending/likley purchase of the CW I'm taking any current future news of Arrowverse with a grain of salt.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The most cynical part of me thinks they signed some sort of development deal with Ramsey and they're just throwing this at him to satisfy the contract until it's developed far enough along to do so, then they'll let it die.

BUT, if it happens what young DC characters do we think might actually be introduced here? I can't imagine they'd go with totally new characters for all of them.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The most cynical part of me thinks they signed some sort of development deal with Ramsey and they're just throwing this at him to satisfy the contract until it's developed far enough along to do so, then they'll let it die.

BUT, if it happens what young DC characters do we think might actually be introduced here? I can't imagine they'd go with totally new characters for all of them.
    I'd love it if it was basically Gotham Academy with Damian Wayne, Maps, Olive and the gang.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D did it so I don't see it as that unlikely. Plus CW DC tends to be pretty loose so ocs would be more ideal. If you don't like them, they don't have a shelf life outside of this show.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-14-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just in time for the network to be sold. I doubt this gets any further than the planning stage. Especially if the buyers are those that don't want original programing.
    Last embers of a dying light?

Probably budget friendly characters.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If the original characters are as bland as Mona, Spooner or Behrad then they better give me legit DC characters or just tank the project now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Maybe this will be Bunker's time to shine!

Maybe this will be Bunker's time to shine!
    Honestly I think he'd be a good fit for this. A lot of minor/obscure Titans would be, honestly, and they'd probably never be used on the Titans show.

Might be a good excuse to bring back old Team Arrow members for guest or recurring spots.