View Poll Results: When should the X-Men have established Krakoa?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • After Avengers vs. X-Men

2 22.22%
  • After Inhumans vs. X-Men

1 11.11%
  • Before any of the two

3 33.33%
  • Waiting until after ResurreXion was best

3 33.33%
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Should the X-Men have established Krakoa at the conclusion of AvX or IvX?

The conclusion of Avengers vs. X-Men brought on the renaissance of mutants, undoing House of M/the "No more mutants" spell. They could have done it then. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Why wait for more to happen?

Even before the conclusion of Inhumans vs. X-Men, the debate was that mutants belong amongst the humans, and they shouldn't separate to live elsewhere. They later went elsewhere: Krakoa, Earth's moon, and Mars.

Maybe the plan was for the mutants to have more reasons.

Both never should have happened.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Both never should have happened.
    To be fair, both events established that mutants will never be exterminated, and that they've been plots to sell more books.

And Avengers vs. X-Men did bring back mutants. It was Part Two of the Trial of Magneto, which was the conclusion of the "Let's sh*t on Wanda" saga. Part One being House of M.

The X-men shouldn't establish any anti human nation. Plus Magneto already did it. Marvel shouldn't have wiped it out with Sentinels. The X-men should be completely against it.They should be fighting for Professor Charles Xavier's dream of peaceful coextense between humans and mutants. They could have the pro mutant anti human nation of Genosha. They could also have a bunch of books with teams based out of Genosha. But the X-men, Excalibur and other classic X titles shouldn't be affiliated with them. Both should be trying to save mutants though.

All the cool enemies like Mr. Sinister should still be enemies of both.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    The X-men shouldn't establish any anti human nation. Plus Magneto already did it. Marvel shouldn't have wiped it out with Sentinels. The X-men should be completely against it.They should be fighting for Professor Charles Xavier's dream of peaceful coextense between humans and mutants. They could have the pro mutant anti human nation of Genosha. They could also have a bunch of books with teams based out of Genosha. But the X-men, Excalibur and other classic X titles shouldn't be affiliated with them. Both should be trying to save mutants though.
    Huh, I think that would have been pretty cool.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Huh, I think that would have been pretty cool.
    I agree. The mutant nation has always been a cool idea. Too bad that they have been trying to have the X-men establish it since Mat Fraction's run. That goes against the dream so it shouldn't happen. It should be and was started by Magneto. What he thinks is best for mutants is the opposite of what Xavier's are. Them shoehorning the X-men into the mutant nation is the problem with the current era.

They should have established Krakoa even before that. They should have moved to Genosha or Krakoa during Dark Reign, instead of moving to Utopia. It didn't make sense to create a country in San Francisco Bay, within US territorial waters...

Also, it would have felt more justified: They had very good reasons to create an independent country at that point. And the Resurrection Protocols could have brought back dead mutants, ending the Decimation era.

Hell, they could have made the whole Hope thing all about she having the ability to re-power mutants one by one, instead of doing the whole AvX thing... It would make sense: Create a new mutant country, call all the depowered mutants, have Hope re-power them one by one...
    Last edited by Habis; 01-14-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I agree. The mutant nation has always been a cool idea. Too bad that they have been trying to have the X-men establish it since Mat Fraction's run. That goes against the dream so it shouldn't happen. It should be and was started by Magneto. What he thinks is best for mutants is the opposite of what Xavier's are. Them shoehorning the X-men into the mutant nation is the problem with the current era.
    I just saw your edit. I think one of the things that turn me off of this era is how “All I’d forgiven <3”. It’s just so ooc for the majority of these characters to be okay being in a nation where Sinister is one of it’s governing heads.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”