Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    Love to see it.

Don't get me wrong, I like much of the original Hellfire Gala myself, but we don't need a ton of issues about it every year.
    Exactly. It works great as a giant-sized annual. Maybe on some years when they have really good ideas, it can be a line-wide event, but not every year lol

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Are we supposed to understand a year will have passed in comic time by that issue then? The Marvel time scale seems especially timey-wimey lately.
    I mean, we have annual Christmas/Valentines/sometimes Halloween stories but the time scale has still been incredibly vague. Maybe the Gala will be retconned to be a quarterly/seasonal event down the line.

I agree with everyone here, going for a more low-key one-shot the second time around is the better option.
    I feel like even though things did happen, we had a lot of filler in the last Gala event.
    Just compare the amount of new content in the 12-issue Hellfire Gala crossover to the 12-issue HOX/POX event - and the Gala had more Red issues.

Since Gerry Duggan tweeted about this, I assume that he's either writing the one-shot or writing the main story of the one-shot with the other writers contributing small sections.
    I wonder if they can get Russell Dauterman to do the interiors again, especially for the Year 2 X-Men sequence.
    The only way to get Dauterman to do interiors these days is if Jean and Storm are both in an issue together, which will presumably be the case here.

I assume that this one-shot will come in either late June or early July, just based on the X-Men publishing schedule:
    April 2022 - X-Men 10
    May 2022 - X-Men 11
    June 2022 - X-Men 12 (The finale of the 'Fearless' story arc, end of the Year 1 X-Men team)

June/July 2022 - Hellfire Gala 2 (Jean and Scott introduce the Year 2 X-Men team)

July 2022 - X-Men 13 (The Year 2 X-Men team move into the Treehouse, start of a new story arc)

Extraordinary Member

Glad it's a one-shot.I think it won't work as an annual thing otherwise

Also just let whatever book that wants to tie-in w/ it do it, but not force the entire line to tie-in

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This should be every two years or at most 3 years event.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Are we supposed to understand a year will have passed in comic time by that issue then? The Marvel time scale seems especially timey-wimey lately.
    Actually, when reading the Marvel books as they come out weekly, it's pretty clear that unless the issues have cliffhangers that flow directly into the next issue, the amount of comic time that passes between issues is basically the same as real time.

The Marvel time effect only kicks in when you have flashbacks depicting events that happened some time ago. Then you suddenly get statements like 'the Arakki arrived two weeks before the Hellfire Gala' or 'Professor X and Magneto established Krakoa two months before the present-day events of Inferno 3', neither of which make any sense if you actually read the books.

If you consider the X-Men title in isolation,
    Issue 1 was one week after the Hellfire Gala, which explicitly took place on the Summer Solstice (21 June).
    Issue 4 was on Halloween.
    Issue 5 was during Thanksgiving - the X-Men were giving away food and clothing for a Thanksgiving charity.
    Issue 6 was during Christmas - Captain Krakoa was decorating a Christmas tree.

So that's 6 months gone by in the span of 6 issues. It's perfectly believable that another 6 months will pass by the time we reach X-Men 12.

BANNED

Yeah the last time wasn't boring enough with all this ineffectual shenaigains

doing it yearly kills the excitement for me. 12 issues comicbook storyline feels like a week in real time. Barely anything had happened since the last Gala...

Incredible Member

so after the end of marauders, will emma still host this or will someone else do it?

I hope everyone in The Pit crashes the party, bc if Nanny isn’t there, it’s not the Gala I want to go to.

Extraordinary Member

It makes no sense to have another gala in 2022. The books have clearly not progressed enough to warrant another of the same event. New Mutants just finished dealing with the immediate aftermath of Gabby's murder during the Hellfire gala. It's stretching credulity to say even a week has passed since the gala in that book. It's probably been more like 2 days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Actually, when reading the Marvel books as they come out weekly, it's pretty clear that unless the issues have cliffhangers that flow directly into the next issue, the amount of comic time that passes between issues is basically the same as real time.

The Marvel time effect only kicks in when you have flashbacks depicting events that happened some time ago. Then you suddenly get statements like 'the Arakki arrived two weeks before the Hellfire Gala' or 'Professor X and Magneto established Krakoa two months before the present-day events of Inferno 3', neither of which make any sense if you actually read the books.

If you consider the X-Men title in isolation,
    Issue 1 was one week after the Hellfire Gala, which explicitly took place on the Summer Solstice (21 June).
    Issue 4 was on Halloween.
    Issue 5 was during Thanksgiving - the X-Men were giving away food and clothing for a Thanksgiving charity.
    Issue 6 was during Christmas - Captain Krakoa was decorating a Christmas tree.

So that's 6 months gone by in the span of 6 issues. It's perfectly believable that another 6 months will pass by the time we reach X-Men 12.
    Captain Krakoa...

As if Summer couldn't sink any lower...
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-14-2022 at 05:15 AM.

I guess it's a Hellfire Brunch then.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

“Krakoa’s having another gala.”

“What, they just had one last week. Are they terraforming Saturn this time?”

“No, they’re announcing a new member of the X-Men.”

“Pass. Send one of the juniors.”

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I guess it's a Hellfire Brunch then.
    As long as it's bottomless I don't see the problem.