Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is perfect. Perhaps the vote should be a team voted on for mini's anyway. That way they can add more people and rotate. Like an Xmen:Vote book or something. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    also..just thought of THIS.. it would b FUN

Less forced than the last one, a d with sides that make more sense too.
    Dark does not mean deep.

also..just thought of THIS.. it would b FUN

I'm down with this but there needs to be a side C. Side A vs Side B is just a bit too silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Watch out Bleeding Cool might run this as a scoop.

Hopeful that this statement has some truth in it and isn't just a platitude to get fans to calm down (though fans really do need to calm tf down). A Destiny of X Wave 2 is practically confirmed with Williams, Wong, and LaValle still having unannounced books, so there is definitely still space for some of these characters.

Regarding the one-shot... yeah I think that's the best bet. Some books really elevated themselves when the Gala came around, but many felt like they didn't really need to take that detour. A one-shot will give the creators who want to participate a chance to while also leaving out the books that don't need to tie-in.
    The creators last year chose to write tie ins into the HFG, last years was supposed to be only just one issue in Marauders but the other creators wanted their books to tie in well, whether they were necessary or not thats to be debated
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Given the timing of the election I wonder if that means it's happening soon. It'd be nice to not wait till summer to find out who won

Edit: just saw the post announcing it's in June. Dammit.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 01-14-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Glad it's a one-shot.I think it won't work as an annual thing otherwise

Also just let whatever book that wants to tie-in w/ it do it, but not force the entire line to tie-in
    Agreed. I have a feeling some books will still tie into it but it's good that the one-shot is all you'll really need.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Duggan just confirmed on twitter only a one issue event
    I’m okay with that. The last one had such buildup and Planet-Sized was the only really interesting issue, IMO.

Also, it was sadly no surprise at all. Hickman maybe onto something when he talks about the lack of surprises due to solicitations and promotion.

The S.W.O.R.D. portion of the story was interesting, but it really didn’t go in depth enough with the ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    Love to see it.

Don't get me wrong, I like much of the original Hellfire Gala myself, but we don't need a ton of issues about it every year.
    You mean the second gala shown in the comics. The original Hellfire Gala was as follows and was a much better story.

Also, to resurrect all my whining about Spidey not being at the last Hellfire Gala despite being a longtime close friend to the X-Men and a teacher at the school, if Firestar joins the team there is no reason Spidey and Iceman should not also be there

I dont mind it being one issue, all i know is that they bet not cut down on the fashions this year especially since we have a theme for this years gala as well. I need for my girls to show out again this time around
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I hope its a Giant Size issue.

That each of the nominees gets to be drawn by Pepe Larraz.

The nominees get two pages of panel time each.

That Avalanche has a scene w the Brotherhood of Mutants.

The Academy kids are probably not going to win I hope we get some more awesome group shots of them together drawn by Pepe.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Good. I don't think we need another line wide crossover for this again so soon. Are we supposed to understand a year will have passed in comic time by that issue then? The Marvel time scale seems especially timey-wimey lately.
    It really shouldn't, else Miles Morales and Kamala Khan should be graduating high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Actually, when reading the Marvel books as they come out weekly, it's pretty clear that unless the issues have cliffhangers that flow directly into the next issue, the amount of comic time that passes between issues is basically the same as real time.

The Marvel time effect only kicks in when you have flashbacks depicting events that happened some time ago. Then you suddenly get statements like 'the Arakki arrived two weeks before the Hellfire Gala' or 'Professor X and Magneto established Krakoa two months before the present-day events of Inferno 3', neither of which make any sense if you actually read the books.

If you consider the X-Men title in isolation,
    Issue 1 was one week after the Hellfire Gala, which explicitly took place on the Summer Solstice (21 June).
    Issue 4 was on Halloween.
    Issue 5 was during Thanksgiving - the X-Men were giving away food and clothing for a Thanksgiving charity.
    Issue 6 was during Christmas - Captain Krakoa was decorating a Christmas tree.

So that's 6 months gone by in the span of 6 issues. It's perfectly believable that another 6 months will pass by the time we reach X-Men 12.
    Yeah, this is definitely going to contradict the non-X books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Duggan just confirmed on twitter only a one issue event
    Still one issue too many.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    better idea. last time nothing happened for 90% of it and it was just filler.

just an excuse to come up with the costumes.
    Freaking Bad ones at that.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-14-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Did they ever say that the Hellfire Gala was annual in universe? I knew they said it for publishing but idk if they act said in the comic it was planned as a once a year thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is perfect. Perhaps the vote should be a team voted on for mini's anyway. That way they can add more people and rotate. Like an Xmen:Vote book or something. lol
    I agree entirely, and I'd love to see a miniseries like that. That would make a great yearly vote with the X-Men member voting being every two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I guess it's a Hellfire Brunch then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    As long as it's bottomless I don't see the problem.
    Mimosas all around!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'