Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I found the gala and costume designs refreshing. It was something new and exciting imo, even if I didn't like all the designs. The mutants got to be in the spotlight and have some fun with fashion.

At the end of the day we all have the choice to read the issues or not. But some make it sound as if they're being forced.
    me too! it would actually be cool if they pulled in aspiring fashion designers to sketch gala costumes and have people vote on best dressed with the winning costume getting a live action version.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The best part was the reveal of the designs. That was a breath of fresh air.

The sad part was that not all batches where of equal quality. There was an obvious difference in quality and that made it harder to look at the issues where they where standing next to each other.

It’s unfair to some of the artists whose strengths are not in design and high fashion. There was just no place to hide with so many designs. Even with the best ones like Dautermans all where not great of course. Some might be safe, boring or just uninspired. But you could see their point of view. While other artists had none and it showed.

I’m grateful for the event. Some designs where really great. It was something new and different. I just hope that at least we get some new designs on that level for this one shot.

The designs were freaking great, but my favorite part of the Gala was how fans interacted with it. I loved going on Twitter every day and seeing people make Gala outfits for other X-Men or their OCs. There were A+ cosplays for a lot of the outfits. There was just so much hype and creativity going on, I really hope we can get more of that this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    When it's basically being shoved down our throats by posts like this one. When did crappy artwork that can be best described as a waste of paper become "new looks" that is to be highly thought of?
    Shoved down your throat? Did I say anyone had to buy the issue? No. Did I say that everyone has to enjoy the issue? No. I even included in my comment that I understood where readers were coming from last year because the Gala did take up an entire month of the line.

You didn't like the Gala? Power to you. Now you only have to skip one x-book out of the dozen that are being published that month.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Shoved down your throat? Did I say anyone had to buy the issue? No. Did I say that everyone has to enjoy the issue? No. I even included in my comment that I understood where readers were coming from last year because the Gala did take up an entire month of the line.

You didn't like the Gala? Power to you. Now you only have to skip one x-book out of the dozen that are being published that month.
    Plan to. Doesn't change the fact that it's not anything to get overly excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    me too! it would actually be cool if they pulled in aspiring fashion designers to sketch gala costumes and have people vote on best dressed with the winning costume getting a live action version.
    I love this idea. We would get some stunning designs for our mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

I... don't understand why some people can't be satisfied with a clear compromise. Last year the artists enjoyed designing the new looks, a bunch of the writers seemed to enjoy participating (and I wouldn't want to live in a world without the Hellions tie-in and the New Mutants tie-in actually got me emotional), and plenty of fans loved the concept, the buildup, and parts of the execution. So clearly it wasn't a "waste of paper" for everyone. But I get it, it was a whole month of comics dedicated to a concept that some might not enjoy. Now they're saying that it'll be contained to a single issue that can be easily skipped and won't consume the line, but it's STILL a problem? When did we get to the point of not caring about what brings joy to anyone else (both creators and fans) that we have to complain about every little thing that doesn't directly cater to us?
    Have a drink on me buddy.

When it's basically being shoved down our throats by posts like this one. When did crappy artwork that can be best described as a waste of paper become "new looks" that is to be highly thought of?
    I try my best not to engage in (futile) arguments but I just had to say you missed the entire point of this post. Suggestion - read it again and try to get the message.
    Or not...

Incredible Member

Responded to both of you before realizing you actually went further to explain your initial post (which I didn't think was necessary).

It boils down to the point of the post - we've got to the stage where people will just complain/ whine/ b***h/ etcetera about something because it's not what they want (and frankly it's just what they do).

Anyway, moving on...

I hope they do the Hellfire Gala every year! AND MY GAY ASS WILL BE HERE FOR IT EVERY YEAR!!
    Mutant and Proud!

Man it would be nice to see Firestar winning and thrashing Wolverine's ass for being a pervert and a low life creep. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I hope they do the Hellfire Gala every year! AND MY GAY ASS WILL BE HERE FOR IT EVERY YEAR!!
    This post wins the thread. I’m here for this kind of enthusiasm for the Gala, even if I thought it was just an okay event myself.

The Planet-size X-men issue did blow me away, though. So I bought the HC mainly for that major status quo change and the potential it now opens up in X-men Red. Cannot wait to see it explored!

Regardless, it’s nice to see some positive energy on these boards.

Ultimate Member

How is being forced on you if you make the choice to NOT buy it?

That is like comic book store screaming they were forced by Marvel to order all those variants covers yet those same stores can show restraint in not buying the 6-9 variants per issue Vampirella & the Dynamite books, Zombie Tramp and Cave Girl toss out every month.

When did we get to the point of not caring about what brings joy to anyone else (both creators and fans) that we have to complain about every little thing that doesn't directly cater to us?
    When companies made the choice to PANDER to those complainers. Believing many of them are actual comic book buyers. When the majority are NOT.

Because most of the complainers will NOT come from behind that keyboard and say that stuff in public.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    Man it would be nice to see Firestar winning and thrashing Wolverine's ass for being a pervert and a low life creep. Oh well.
    Huh? What? Did Logan try to creep onto Teen Jean when I wasn’t reading the comics or something?

Oh lovely we’re making these terrible mutant high fashion events a yearly thing now. I wonder what they’ll roll out this year that’ll be mutantkind dunking on the humans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Oh lovely we’re making these terrible mutant high fashion events a yearly thing now. I wonder what they’ll roll out this year that’ll be mutantkind dunking on the humans.
    I misread that as Inhumans…although tbf the differences between both decrease with each issue.