Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Who you trust to address or undo OMD the right way?

And, furthering that question - what IS the right way?

right way is to let Aunt May know and undo the deal. as to who to do it someone who doesn't care about what Editorial thinks
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Dan Jurgens. He has written the characters already and did great with them. He still has it as a writer. He can do the humor needed for the character. Before Bendis took over Jurgens run on Action was one of the best books being published. Marvel should immediately hire him for the flagship title and give him a long run without a bunch of event tie ins.

Spectacular Member

I would have said Spencer, but we all know what happened, right?

No. I tried to read his run a couple of times but I didn't think it was that good. Then later when Inwas thinking about trying again they made it weekly. I'm not planning on buying any book weekly.

Spencer wrote a really good Falcon book though until he did what he did.
    Last edited by nnelg; 01-15-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    And, furthering that question - what IS the right way?
    Matt Fraction. And I would have loved to have seen Nick Spencer's original story, because it's plainly obvious what we got wasn't it.

As for the right way: Mephisto needs to be defeated by Peter, and hopefully with MJ's assistance. Peter and MJ need to be aware of what happened. I can live without the marriage being restored, but Peter and MJ need to come out of the encounter with Mephisto with their commitment to each other affirmed and going strong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    right way is to let Aunt May know and undo the deal. as to who to do it someone who doesn't care about what Editorial thinks
    Why would they hire a writer who's difficult to work with? A freelance comic writer's stories will only see print if editorial approves them. Re-marrying Marvel's flagship character, after senior staff went to great lengths to un-marry them, is a decision that would have to be approved high up the company ladder.

So for my input - it needs to be addressed but not removed. You can make it work both ways. They need to realise what they did and take responsibility. Memory of both lives restored and May can finally pass as a result.

Ideally, we need a big story involving Mephisto where Pete and MJ finally overcome him.

It’s disappointing Spencer wasn’t able to tell the story he so clearly had planned (as I think what he laid out with Harry worked perfectly because it still remained personal yet big in scope)

In terms or writers now Spencer has gone, I truly don’t know. My first guess, as someone who probably has the power to do what he wants despite editorials protests, is Hickman - but I fear he would lose the more personal aspects of the story and go too big.

I'd leave it alone. Let the characters remember it if you must, but it's been 15 years. Too much has happened to just undo it without create another big mess.

I hate it, but I would leave it alone, too. Let MJ and Peter marry each other, let them be a parents, show that their true love can truly overcome any obstacle. OMD does not need to be retconed at all.

Retconing OMD right now brings more problems than solutions. Just roll with it and write good stories that shows true love of MJ and Peter.

And for those who say broke Peter can't be married, there's tons of good people who are married and are unfortunately broke, barely making it day to day. Married Peter could work, but competent writer is needed.

Nobody, and the boat has been missed. If they didn't let Spencer do it after clearly building up to it for 70+ issues they won't let anybody.

BANNED

Literally anyone. Pick someone up off the street, have Aunt May find out Pete sold his wife and unborn child to Satan and slap him across the face. Have Uncle Ben crawl out of the grave and tell him "way to take responsibility there, kiddo" and laugh at him.

Anything will suffice. It doesn't need to be a big cash grab epic. Have it happen in Fortnite. Have it be a motion comic written by a twitch stream. As long as it's undone, I am fine. It can't be that much dumber or poorly written than OMD and OMIT.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Literally anyone. Pick someone up off the street, have Aunt May find out Pete sold his wife and unborn child to Satan and slap him across the face. Have Uncle Ben crawl out of the grave and tell him "way to take responsibility there, kiddo" and laugh at him.

Anything will suffice. It doesn't need to be a big cash grab epic. Have it happen in Fortnite. Have it be a motion comic written by a twitch stream. As long as it's undone, I am fine. It can't be that much dumber or poorly written than OMD and OMIT.
    Wow, this is a horrible joke and arguably the reason why we should get over OMD.

Meh, I’m not saying retcon it. I’m saying address it, and move on.
    I feel like Spencer raised it again that much that it feels like it needs to be addressed again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post

I said it before I will say it again. It is not a question of who will get rid of OMD but when. I am predicting ASM 1000. There is little doubt that Peter needs a clean slate, and that means no more Mephisto, no more “Pathetic Parker”/“Damsel In Distress” no more Pwter as a loser and no more Quesada.