Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How about both MJ and Aunt May dying? That would be the best punishment for Peter thinking he could play the devil.
    That would be brutal, and I could see some people (in Marvel) thinking it would kill two birds with one stone --- on the one hand, Peter ultimately overcomes the Devil and his machinations, and on the other hand, certain people get what they want and get rid of what they perceive as a drag on the character and mythos of Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Peter has already overcame Mephisto. In the Spider-man/Deadpool series, the OMD plot was revealed to be part of a larger plan of Mephisto's to corrupt Peter and destroy the goodness in him. With Deadpool's help of showing him how bad he come become, Peter didn't fall into Mephisto's trap and The Big M lost.

The story is over.

Peter didn't have the fall from grace that Mephisto was setting him up for.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    But then they began calling attention to it full stop during Spencer's run, clearly wanting people to look at it, and his run even ended teasing a cliffhanger to that particular story. So it's not only some people refusing to stop thinking about it, Marvel's dangling the carrot for at least 3 years straight at this point, nudging they want to do something or another with it. If they want people to move on, doing this is if they have no intention of actually reversing or revisiting what happened is a terrible idea, and it becomes a two-way street about the story refusing to die - they're not doing their part to let it die already.
    Why would Marvel let it die? OMD baits get people talking and the fans who think Marvel will ever address it fall for it every, single, time.

Fanbase would need to be smart enough to dismiss whenever Marvel makes a bait, and while I think Spencer's run definitely taught some people that lesson, I doubt the parts of the fanbase that want OMD gone that badly will ever give up hope, which gives Marvel no reason to stop baiting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Peter has already overcame Mephisto. In the Spider-man/Deadpool series, the OMD plot was revealed to be part of a larger plan of Mephisto's to corrupt Peter and destroy the goodness in him. With Deadpool's help of showing him how bad he come become, Peter didn't fall into Mephisto's trap and The Big M lost.

The story is over.

Peter didn't have the fall from grace that Mephisto was setting him up for.
    And even if that story can be ignored, ASM itself did something similar at the end of Spencer's run, so yeah, enough of that nonsense lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I sound stupid, I know it, but I believe they will retcon the deal. I've been saying for years that Peter and Mary Jane would get back together, they thought I was crazy, but here we are. These are comics, years will pass and Marvel will return to this. How many years have passed since the release of Sins Past? As for Spencer, why did Marvel let him refer to OMD? I think it's because Nick wanted to do a retcon but turned to another publisher and Marvel had to shelve the idea. It would be foolish to retcon the OMD to ASM #74 because there was no time for that. First, May needs to remember that Peter is Spider-Man. Secondly, after the disclosure of the secret of the identity, a couple of years should pass.
    Don't forget, Strange knows that Mephisto was after Peter and Mary Jane, he also freed Harry's soul. He should tell Peter and MJ about it. Mysterio also knows about Mephisto's plans, so there are two options:
    1) They will tell the truth.
    2) They will never meet Peter again and will not appear in the Spider-Man comics.
    Last edited by Kanos; 01-16-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Peter and MJ got back together in the first issue of Spencer's run and ended the run together kissing with the narration claiming their love is "unbreakable". Peter attempted to propose twice but events got in the way both times, the second time being Mephisto's involvement using Kindred with Sinister War. In Beyond, MJ has been by Peter's side in the hospital. So yes, they are already together.
    Cool, good to know! Sounds like the highlight of the run.

No one because it shouldn't be undone. Or rather not through some cosmic recon. And at this point, what is there to undo? Pete and MJ are a couple once again and I'm sure they'll end up married again. I mean you probably could have them somehow remember after proving that their love can overcome anything, but I totally don't want some magic reset button.

But even if they don't remember, I'm honestly fine with it at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How about both MJ and Aunt May dying? That would be the best punishment for Peter thinking he could play the devil.
    Yes to May dying at last (I wish they would reinstate DeMatteis' "The Gift" in continuity) and I would personally keep MJ around, but if it was actually a story that resolved One More Day in some fashion and that was the price he paid, I would be all for it. Someone on here had an idea that Peter has been making deals with Mephisto over and over throughout his life and not remembering it (which resulted in the death of Ben, Gwen, Baby May, etc) and I thought that was brilliant; a complete metaphor for a comic about the need to take responsibility and more importantly, what happens when you fail. Marvel however refuses to see their own culpability in this!

BANNED

Peter will die and will become a slave of Mephisto. Then he will return as ghost spider Rider and burn the Marvel universe to ground. Then he will desecrate Ben's grave and burn his body. Then from his ashes he will be reborn as Spider Ben.

BANNED

Spidey will also kill daredevil, Johnny and Captain America while he is at it. I am so ready for daredevil to die and get trashed in Devil reign.