Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Amazing friends reunite:- firestar Xvote

I think Firestar might be more of a Spider-man related character than an X one at this point w/ how many people hate her on twitter...

Show our girl some love and vote for her

https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think Firestar might be more of a Spider-man related character than an X one at this point w/ how many people hate her on twitter...

Wouldn't she be more of an Avengers character? I'm not even sure if she interacted with Spidey much outside of Maximum Carnage, or 90's in general lol.

But yeah, her being kicked into Krakoa at all is weird, since the strongest connection she had with X-Men was Emma, and that was when Emma was the poney killing kind of villain, naturally Angelica wants nothing to do with her lol.

"She has yet to claim Krakoan citizenship…"

I guess that explains why she only shows up on the background once in a while, smart girl.

Also, people hate her on twitter? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Well, being in the main X-Men tittle should elevate her profile

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wouldn't she be more of an Avengers character? I'm not even sure if she interacted with Spidey much outside of Maximum Carnage, or 90's in general lol.

But yeah, her being kicked into Krakoa at all is weird, since the strongest connection she had with X-Men was Emma, and that was when Emma was the poney killing kind of villain, naturally Angelica wants nothing to do with her lol.

"She has yet to claim Krakoan citizenship…"

I guess that explains why she only shows up on the background once in a while, smart girl.

Also, people hate her on twitter? Lol.
    Yeah I meant for most people they relate her to Spider-man

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Well, being in the main X-Men tittle should elevate her profile
    If she does something, maybe, 'cause so far X-23 and Rogue haven't done anything lol.

Also there would need creativity to use her in X-Men, considering Sunfire is on the team, and while she can do more than just set things on fire, Duggan will have to remember that if she makes it in lol.

Yeah I meant for most people they relate her to Spider-man
    Can see why, but Marvel has weird, arbitrary ways to relate characters to specific franchises, like how Kang is considered part of F4 despite being a pain in the Avengers' ass far more often.

Then again, by this same logic, Angelica could be part of ASM lol.

If she does something, maybe, 'cause so far X-23 and Rogue haven't done anything lol.

Also there would need creativity to use her in X-Men, considering Sunfire is on the team, and while she can do more than just set things on fire, Duggan will have to remember that if she makes it in lol.
    The most I've heard about Laura in the book is her weird romance with Synch, Snikt Snikt, and being unconscious for Lorna to just use with her magnetism despite the fact that she hates being used as a weapon against her will.

are they even friends in the comics btw. like do they even have a relationship? besides the tv show?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The most I've heard about Laura in the book is her weird romance with Darwin, Snikt Snikt, and being unconscious for Lorna to just use with her magnetism despite the fact that she hates being used as a weapon against her will.
    Well, what you've been told is accurate lol.

I'm pretty sure Laura fans are annoyed at how she's treated, and while I can't talk about accuracy, I can say "It's been 6 issues and this character hasn't done anything besides fighting a bit and being someone Synch has a crush on" lol.

And I'm not even saying she has to be the center of the attention, just, show something to define her personality, Jean and Polaris got that, and now it seems to be Cyke's turn, but those are happening in this "Now the issue focuses on this character" (Although, before Polaris got attention foccused on her, you could get a feel of her personality), instead of, y'know, being a team book that has enough focus on more than one character at once... Now I can see why you parrot so much that writers don't know how to write team books nowadays lol.

As for the last point, well, if Laura detests being used as a weapon, you sure as hell ain't getting that impression in issue#5, 'cause once she wakes up she doesn't even comment on it, and comments that based on how Polaris is violent (One situation she mentions being a misunderstanding), she doesn't want to get on Polaris' bad side, and that's it lol.

Also don't only Laura's claws have Adamantium? 'Cause the issue makes it look like her whole body does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    are they even friends in the comics btw. like do they even have a relationship? besides the tv show?
    They're... Close enough, Angelica gets to have an adventure with him once per decade or whatever, and may or may not say "Amazing friends" during it.

I guess it's more accurate to say she's an acquaintance.

I think she was closer to Ben than she was Peter. At least in the main continuity.

Astonishing Member

I think she was closer to Ben than she was Peter. At least in the main continuity.
    There was some "romantic" tension there IIRC

UIn--freaking believable.... they freaking spelled her name wrong!!!

yeah, if you transliterate that it's "Firesar"... not "Firestar".

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    There was some "romantic" tension there IIRC
    Ben and Angelica is the only couple I actively 'ship -- no offense to Janine, of course.

I would love a Slingers or Spidey-adjacent New Warriors comic that includes Scarlet Spider and Firestar.

That being said, I voted for Monet. I want the New Mutants, Generation X, and other young adult mutants to mostly take over as THE X-Men. Monet herself can be an awesome character when written with realistic human depth and complexity.

-Pav, who still dreams of what might've been had Ben, Angelica, and Phil Urich become the 90s Amazing Friends...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Firestar has been on many teams. New Warriors, Avengers, Young Allies, X-Men. But she hasn't been involved with the X-Men since before X-Men Disassembled and was supposed to be back with the New Warriors last we heard (in their cancelled Outlawed tie-in). She's never been to Krakoa. So why is she involved in this election, unless it's rigged so that she wins?

As for Laura Kinney (who is Wolverine now, not X-23, guys!), I wish she'd show up in New Mutants, since her sister Gabby is a regular there. I think the only issue she's been in was the Hellfire Gala one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

http://https://mobile.twitter.com/Ma...85848461484034

Well, looks like Firestar is winning the poll right now.

She was part of Jason Aaron's Amazing X-Men back in 2013-2015
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«