Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I would agree with you that OMD should not be retconned, but simply ignored, but there is one problem. Peter and Mary Jane erased their daughter from the timeline. I could be wrong, but Spencer confirmed in ASM #74 that Mayday survived the original timeline, Norman didn't kill her. But since Mary Jane does not want to have children without getting married ("thank you" Quesada), she is no more. If I were Marvel, I would bring marriage and Mayday back, but all the events of BND, Big Time, Superior, Worldwide, The Kindred Saga, Beyond and others remained unchanged. Mayday would have been in Europe all these years. Remember how Molecule Man helped Miles, his family and friends? You can do the same here.
    It has never been stated the the baby didn’t happen post-OMD. Everything supposedly happened the exact same, except that Peter and MJ weren’t married during the events. May could still be out there somewhere, unless she truly died. Also it’s strange Spencer showed Mayday when OMD showed that Annie was the child they wiped from existence. I really want to know Spencer’s original plan, he uses old pages of Spectacular that have Harry straight up refer to Peter as MJs husband while talking to her, I wish Pete and MJ remembered the deal

Didn't Mary Jane say in One Moment in Time that she wouldn't have children? I don't remember this story very well, so I could be wrong. It seemed to me that Mary Jane was never pregnant, otherwise it is strange that Peter and Mary do not talk about it. I also want them to remember the deal, but that won't solve the problem until Marvel reveals what happened to the kid in the clone saga (and if she can be brought back).

BANNED

A fan of the "old" Spidey. They'll never undo it, but honestly at this point I care more about him remembering the deal and having his confrontation with Mephisto at last after learning what he lost and taking responsibility. I would even say that and Aunt May finally dying off is more important than the marriage at this point. What kind of a comic doesn't resolve a plot where the hero makes a deal with the devil by having him recognize what he did and fighting him? He'll forever be stunted until he does. One More Day is act 1 of a story; act 2 is him suffering the consequences, as Spencer's run seemed to be, and act 3 is his ultimate victory over the forces of darkness.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

They had a chance with Secret Wars, they could have brought back Pete married and about to have a kid with MJ running Parker Industries and and have him be the elder statesmen Spider-Man and Miles be the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

It would have been awesome. Have Pete tackle the big guys like the Sinister Six, world threats, crossovers, and Avengers shenanigans.

Have Miles get the intimate High School stories filled with relationship problems, fighting street level thugs, and have his big bad be his uncle The Prowler.

There would have been an amazing diversity of story telling between the two characters, but instead nothing changed.

So, back to the OP's question: no one can tackle this Gordian Knot.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Since we're talking Peter/MJ and the future, and Spencer, how is their relationship looking by the end of that run by the way? I've been meaning to check out that run, mostly for the beginning to see some Peter/MJ romance finally. But since I mostly hear the run is unhappy and the ending muddled, and I heard Peter is in a coma? How have things left off with their relationship?

Is he going to be back together with MJ in the upcoming Wells/JRJR run, we can hope? To me the first thing is to keep developing that, and let them be positive and fun married characters. Still can have hurdles and drama of course, but having that backbone of their relationship is the #1 thing.

On Mephisto, for sure they'd need to have him get defeated, and let Peter and MJ remember. But if they have a legendary romance in real time right now, remembering their past marriage would just be icing on the cake. And ideally, we get a new wedding of course!

A writer for it, I guess anybody with a heart of gold, I dunno, Erik Larsen? He drew Spider-Man: Big Time kind of recently, and he wrote several great relationships in Savage Dragon. But he's a busy guy. To throw another name out there, Chris Claremont. Something about the Shakespearean weirdness of this whole thing, I feel Chris taking care of it in one double length issue or something would be memorable.

Like others have said, I think you just kind of want to get it over with, I wouldn't want it to linger as some huge 12 issue event. And whether they ever do it or not, at least having Peter/MJ living well would be one kind of revenge.
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 01-16-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Didn't Mary Jane say in One Moment in Time that she wouldn't have children? I don't remember this story very well, so I could be wrong. It seemed to me that Mary Jane was never pregnant, otherwise it is strange that Peter and Mary do not talk about it. I also want them to remember the deal, but that won't solve the problem until Marvel reveals what happened to the kid in the clone saga (and if she can be brought back).
    I think you’re correct, I forgot about her saying that in OMIT. They’ve never touched on whether Baby May has been retconned or not so I guess it’s still a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe we should all let people be fans in their only so long as they're not hurting other people.
    In my experience, the more obsessed a fan is, the more likely they are to do something hurtful. Better to nip some things in the bud at some point.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Nobody cares about One More Day outside a very small number of obsessives who cannot let it go. I can't believe there are still people out there who can't get over this. It's never going to be reversed. Accept that. Grow up.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but ffs, you're the guys comic fans make fun of let alone non-comic fans who already see us as obsessive, childish geeks.
    I see where you're coming from and I can agree with the overall sentiment - the "it's happened, just forget about it" angle was my own during BND/Big Time well into Marvel starting to reference it at the tail end of Slott's run then carrying it into Spencer's. By all intents and purposes, that story was done, Quesada gave a very flimsy rationalization of how there wasn't even "a deal" to begin with, so on.

But then they began calling attention to it full stop during Spencer's run, clearly wanting people to look at it, and his run even ended teasing a cliffhanger to that particular story. So it's not only some people refusing to stop thinking about it, Marvel's dangling the carrot for at least 3 years straight at this point, nudging they want to do something or another with it. If they want people to move on, doing this is if they have no intention of actually reversing or revisiting what happened is a terrible idea, and it becomes a two-way street about the story refusing to die - they're not doing their part to let it die already.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    They’ve never touched on whether Baby May has been retconned or not so I guess it’s still a mystery.
    It never saw print in a proper story, but during OMIT, Quesada gave interviews saying "they wouldn't have conceived".
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

All-New Member

Highly unlikely Marvel will consider undoing OMD. It is more likely a further regression of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Since we're talking Peter/MJ and the future, and Spencer, how is their relationship looking by the end of that run by the way? I've been meaning to check out that run, mostly for the beginning to see some Peter/MJ romance finally. But since I mostly hear the run is unhappy and the ending muddled, and I heard Peter is in a coma? How have things left off with their relationship?

Is he going to be back together with MJ in the upcoming Wells/JRJR run, we can hope? To me the first thing is to keep developing that, and let them be positive and fun married characters. Still can have hurdles and drama of course, but having that backbone of their relationship is the #1 thing.
    Peter and MJ got back together in the first issue of Spencer's run and ended the run together kissing with the narration claiming their love is "unbreakable". Peter attempted to propose twice but events got in the way both times, the second time being Mephisto's involvement using Kindred with Sinister War. In Beyond, MJ has been by Peter's side in the hospital. So yes, they are already together.

Also forgot to mention, Spencer brought up One More Day in his run with a dream sequence Peter had in "Last Remians" which were the panels from the Peter after the deal. He also had Peter's astral plane shown infested by demons who mimicked several characters from One More Day - Kingpin, the assassin who shot Aunt May, Mary Jane saying "the answer is yes" which she told Mephisto, and Aunt May.

Finally, he had Dr. Strange learn about the deal and it showed that Mephisto is still aware of the deal and that his motivation for the deal was ensuring Spider-Man never had a daughter, who he had a vision of one day conquering him.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Also forgot to mention, Spencer brought up One More Day in his run with a dream sequence Peter had in "Last Remians" which were the panels from the Peter after the deal. He also had Peter's astral plane shown infested by demons who mimicked several characters from One More Day - Kingpin, the assassin who shot Aunt May, Mary Jane saying "the answer is yes" which she told Mephisto, and Aunt May.

Finally, he had Dr. Strange learn about the deal and it showed that Mephisto is still aware of the deal and that his motivation for the deal was ensuring Spider-Man never had a daughter, who he had a vision of one day conquering him.
    Gahhh it makes me so sad every time I read it. We were SO CLOSE.

It's just insulting how that ring is totally dropped and already forgotten about lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    A fan of the "old" Spidey. They'll never undo it, but honestly at this point I care more about him remembering the deal and having his confrontation with Mephisto at last after learning what he lost and taking responsibility. I would even say that and Aunt May finally dying off is more important than the marriage at this point. What kind of a comic doesn't resolve a plot where the hero makes a deal with the devil by having him recognize what he did and fighting him? He'll forever be stunted until he does. One More Day is act 1 of a story; act 2 is him suffering the consequences, as Spencer's run seemed to be, and act 3 is his ultimate victory over the forces of darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    They had a chance with Secret Wars, they could have brought back Pete married and about to have a kid with MJ running Parker Industries and and have him be the elder statesmen Spider-Man and Miles be the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

It would have been awesome. Have Pete tackle the big guys like the Sinister Six, world threats, crossovers, and Avengers shenanigans.

Have Miles get the intimate High School stories filled with relationship problems, fighting street level thugs, and have his big bad be his uncle The Prowler.

There would have been an amazing diversity of story telling between the two characters, but instead nothing changed.

So, back to the OP's question: no one can tackle this Gordian Knot.
    Cosigning both of you there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    How about both MJ and Aunt May dying? That would be the best punishment for Peter thinking he could play the devil.