Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I believe the last place she turned up was in last year's USAGENT miniseries, in her role as his government handler and ex-lover (the latter of which was a bit of a surprise). That had no connection to any mutants or other X-characters though.
    This is where she was last seen, in the USAgent mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Last time i saw her i think she was betraying mutants. i think it was in one of those xmen legends issues.
    She seemed in to be helping out in X-Men Legends#5 and #6

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Because it would go against the narrative

The F4 were allies to mutantkind and as soon as Krakoa came around they pit them against one another as well
    At least, Hickman made them be against each other more so because of how shady the mutants were acting, Cyke even practically told them that Franklin should go live with their true family in Krakoa lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She seemed in to be helping out in X-Men Legends#5 and #6

At least, Hickman made them be against each other more so because of how shady the mutants were acting, Cyke even practically told them that Franklin should go live with their true family in Krakoa lol.
    Yeah that's not what happened. There was no ultimatum, no time frame, and no implication that Franklin had to live on Krakoa or even that his "true family" lived there. All Cyke said was that when Franklin was ready to explore his mutant side the Kraokan gates would always be open. When he was ready. That time could be a year in the future, 5 years, heck even 50.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah that's not what happened. There was no ultimatum, no time frame, and no implication that Franklin had to live on Krakoa or even that his "true family" lived there. All Cyke said was that when Franklin was ready to explore his mutant side the Kraokan gates would always be open. When he was ready. That time could be a year in the future, 5 years, heck even 50.
    Cyke saying "when" he's ready, not "if", already gives this implication that he thinks Krakoa is such an absolute best place for Franklin to be in, Cyke doesn't say the "true family" bit, but talks in a way that gives this implication, which definitely didn't help with the overall disgusting cult vibe Krakoa has.

Cyke saying "when" he's ready, not "if", already gives this implication that he thinks Krakoa is such an absolute best place for Franklin to be in, Cyke doesn't say the "true family" bit, but talks in a way that gives this implication, which definitely didn't help with the overall disgusting cult vibe Krakoa has.
    Some of you really can't help yourselves. The Krakoa era is now 2.5 years old and still people are lobbing insults like this. It's sad.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Some of you really can't help yourselves. The Krakoa era is now 2.5 years old and still people are lobbing insults like this. It's sad.
    Well, cults disgust me, and even with characters I barely knew I could tell they were acting ridiculously out of character to be okay with the stuff Krakoa was doing, and that was before Crucible came along, that just made it much worse lol.

If we had moved on from Krakoa, then it wouldn't be a problem, but the island is must as much of a mess now as it's been since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If we had moved on from Krakoa, then it wouldn't be a problem, but the island is must as much of a mess now as it's been since the start.
    Complaining is one thing but claiming to be disgusted by comic books is bizarre to me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I'm not disgusted, more mildly amused at this point honestly. It's interesting to see them try to build something on a foundation that was designed to fall apart by it's creator. Kudoos to them if they actually pull it off.

I'm also not sure why people seem to think Scott's comments were intended as mild? In the context of the conversation he has just had with Sue and Reed it's not a leap to interpret him as trying to be insulting to the both of them, and he essentially did everything short of saying Krakoa was Franklin's true family.

Also actual question, did Krakoa ever go after Artie and Leech from Future Foundation?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah and the F4 have always been mutant allys and they don't even have any recent AvX type Beef.That was so unnecessary

Cyke was being a d*ck and if there's one thing you don't do is bring a kid into a verbal sparring, specially when it's the kid of the F4.

Complaining is one thing but claiming to be disgusted by comic books is bizarre to me.
    I mean, I'm not disgusted to a point I dropped the comic because of it, Hickman has issues with his writing which a friend of mine perfectly described it as "intrigue of whether it'll be intriguing", basically meaning he can write the most boring comic ever, but he leaves the possibility that something cool can happen later, like 50 issues later, and the boring part is the reason I dropped his run at times, not the cult vibe, but I still find cults to be disgusting, and seeing "heroes" being part of one, makes it hard for me to find them likable, so that's something I have against it, even if it's not a major problem I have with his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I'm not disgusted, more mildly amused at this point honestly. It's interesting to see them try to build something on a foundation that was designed to fall apart by it's creator. Kudoos to them if they actually pull it off.

I'm also not sure why people seem to think Scott's comments were intended as mild? In the context of the conversation he has just had with Sue and Reed it's not a leap to interpret him as trying to be insulting to the both of them, and he essentially did everything short of saying Krakoa was Franklin's true family.
    Even without that comment, he was being a slimmy ******* trying to make Sabretooth of all people avoid persecution and trying to give him amnesty... The only moment that sounds genuinely nice is him congratulating Ben on his marriage, but considering how he acts afterwards, even that can sound like he's just pretending, though I think he actually means it there, but acted like an ass to everyone else.

Also actual question, did Krakoa ever go after Artie and Leech from Future Foundation?
    Wiki says they're both in Krakoa now, and Cable#1 vol 5 name drops 'em, they were part of a tournament or somethin':

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah and the F4 have always been mutant allys and they don't even have any recent AvX type Beef.That was so unnecessary
    Yeah, I think the worst thing F4 ever did to X-Men was not help them out that much with their issues, but, honestly, super-heroes in general don't help each other that much, while it makes sense out-of-universe, to not have characters interfering in each other's stories too much, in-universe it makes it look like they're not that united even on a good day.

Even then, that doesn't excuse Cyke's attitude, or wanting them to agree to give amnesty to Sabretooth lol.

Cyke was being a d*ck and if there's one thing you don't do is bring a kid into a verbal sparring, specially when it's the kid of the F4.
    And now that I think of it, that scene itself sounds really ridiculous for Cyke to try to tell F4 that "when" Franklin is ready, he has a family waiting for him in Krakoa, and he says this, soon after he talks about wanting to give amnesty to fucking Sabretooth of all people, and even before that we have Mystique and Toad running into Krakoa after stealing something, and if you know who Mystique is, she's barely any better than Sabretooth, and apparently this place, that invades another country, allows Mystique to be around, and was talking about giving amnesty to fucking Sabretooth, is supposed to be a good place for Franklin to be in, give me a break lol.

Astonishing Member

Aww, I liked the Future Foundation dynamic.