Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: The Knight #1 Preview

Batman: The Knight #1 Preview + Interview
    Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Artist: Carmine Di Giandomenico

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm interested in this - seeing the training in a comic book form would be neat, given how sparse it's been since Shaman. I guess there was that awful Layman flashback stuff in Tec in the n52, but as I said, that was awful. Di Giandomenico is one of my favorite Batman artists, even though he hasn't gotten to work on very good scripts yet. Hopefully this will be a much better script!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Urban Legends was wonderful. On Board for this

I like Zdarsky but I'm on the fence about picking it up.

A high school love interest for Bruce, huh?

You know, I'm surprised this is the first actual Batman book to go in deph into Bruce's journey to Batman. With how much they love re-doing origins you'd think this Is like the 5th retelling of it. Though I guess they always prioritised his early career over the buildup. I'm a Zdarsky fan, and have loved Giandomenico since his Flash run so this is a definite pick up, especially with it being a Batman book we haven't gotten before.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-14-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    You know, I'm surprised this is the first actual Batman book to go in deph into Bruce's journey to Batman. With how much they love re-doing origins you'd think this Is like the 5th retelling of it. Though I guess they always prioritised his early career over the buildup. I'm a Zdarsky fan, and have loved Giandomenico since his Flash run so this is a definite pick up, especially with it being a Batman book we haven't gotten before.
    I hope this comes off like the "life and times of Bruce Wayne."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well, there was The Man Who Falls (which served as a major inspiration for Batman Begins). And various other stories that depict bits and pieces of his training and his travels across the globe. But yeah, this might be the first dedicated miniseries devoted to this part of his life.

Astonishing Member

On my pull list as I like origin stories and the writer, Chip Zdarsky.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Well, there was The Man Who Falls (which served as a major inspiration for Batman Begins). And various other stories that depict bits and pieces of his training and his travels across the globe. But yeah, this might be the first dedicated miniseries devoted to this part of his life.
    I love Batman: Year One and The Man Who Falls is great.