Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flashpoint sequel coming in April 2022

Well did not see this coming at all, but Teen Titans Academy writer Tim Sheridan and Flash writer Jeremy Adams are teaming up with Geoff Johns to bring us a sequel to Flashpoint starring the yes still alive Thomas Wayne Batman. This series apparently being about Thomas trying to figure out how the Flashpoint universe is back again and newly resurrected and dealing with a serial killer called the Clockwork Killer. It will start with a #0 issue drawn by Eduardo Risso who drew the Flashpoint Batman mini-series followed by Xermanico on the main series. Preview art is available and I'll post it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/flashpo...f-johns-batman

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

5G reference, what?

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    5G reference, what?

Why and for what purpose?

Probably to cash in on the Flash movie.

“5G Averted” - is that a shot at Didio? 5G is still kind of happening what with Jackson Hyde, Jon Kent, Jace Fox, etc. all officially taking up the main mantles. Expecting Yara to return as Wonder Woman.

“The Justice Society to save it” - we’ve been teased so much with the JSA’s return that I’m not gonna get excited until a new book is actually launched.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-14-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Probably to cash in on the Flash movie.

“5G Averted” - is that a shot at Didio? 5G is still kind of happening what with Jackson Hyde, Jon Kent, Jace Fox, etc. all officially taking up the main mantles. Expecting Yara to return as Wonder Woman.
    Well, with one BIG difference tho.
    We still have the OGs.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

My understanding is that we would have gotten OGs as well, its just that their "new" adventures would be happening in the past.

I did suspect that Thomas would get his own series at some point after Williamson used him in Infinite Frontier, but this creative lineup (and teases) is a bit surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I did suspect that Thomas would get his own series at some point after Williamson used him in Infinite Frontier, but this creative lineup (and teases) is a bit surprising.
    Honestly Geoff Johns is the biggest surprise to me. After Hitch said their JSA run fell through and that Johns was busy with his indie work post-Doomsday Clock I assumed he was done at DC.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly Geoff Johns is the biggest surprise to me. After Hitch said their JSA run fell through and that Johns was busy with his indie work post-Doomsday Clock I assumed he was done at DC.
    He’ll probably still be selling DC story ideas but having other writers actually do the comic. DC gets to put his name on the cover and potentially get a sales boost.