Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    What the actual f***??
    I skipped the special, so how exactly does Jay have a lost daughter???
    If it involves Jay cheating on Joan some time in the past, I think I would completely lose my ****.
    PLEASE DC, don't piss all over one of the few well adjusted and (dare I say it) sweet couplings in comicdom.
    Jay & Joan have always been portrayed as a happy loving couple. I don't want to see the notorious 'dark & griity' again pervade the Flash universe.
    They'll probably just do like Nightwing's sister and say he had the kid before he met Joan.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Didn’t the Stargirl special last year tease the lost daughter of Jay Garrick on an island of lost children?
    There was somebody who mentioned a "Judy Garrick", but I don't think anything was said in terms of if/how she was related to Jay, was there?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There was somebody who mentioned a "Judy Garrick", but I don't think anything was said in terms of if/how she was related to Jay, was there?
    Honestly it’s just an estimated guess on the name Judy Garrick and then how it says “lost daughters”. It seemed like the only conclusion to make, because as far as I know there is not any other Garrick’s out there.

I assumed that it was some sort of by product of crisis rewrite that created Jay and Joan’s daughter in some time displaced event similar to Wing being lost but still a teenager.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-16-2022 at 08:49 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They'll probably just do like Nightwing's sister and say he had the kid before he met Joan.
    Probably easier to just retcon in a new kid for Jay and Joan...although Johns (and Goyer) were the ones who introduced the dead adopted kid, so...

Astonishing Member

Okay, a couple thoughts:

1) It's incredibly cynical, but my first thought was "Johns wanted a GA Flash legacy for his Stargirl show, but there wasn't one in canon. So, he just said 'Screw it, I'll just make one'". I guess we'll see if that turns out to be true.

2) Holy crap! Secret made an appearance post-YJ?!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Stargirl turned out pretty well.
    Berlanti’s an absentee landlord, but not that absentee. Also, WB airdropped a co-producer or two in

Flashpoint was a great story, but DC really need to come up with something new. They also have to stop trying to make Thomas a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Okay, a couple thoughts:

1) It's incredibly cynical, but my first thought was "Johns wanted a GA Flash legacy for his Stargirl show, but there wasn't one in canon. So, he just said 'Screw it, I'll just make one'". I guess we'll see if that turns out to be true.
    I wonder if he could use Jesse.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Berlanti’s an absentee landlord, but not that absentee. Also, WB airdropped a co-producer or two in
    I don't think Berlanti's involved more than Johns is. From interviews it seems like Johns is the biggest contributor to the show outside the directors and James Robinson.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

See, I'm of the opinion that Flashpoint was fine as a story, but it should never had been used to usher in a DCU reboot and it DEFINITELY doesn't need a sequel!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    See, I'm of the opinion that Flashpoint was fine as a story, but it should never had been used to usher in a DCU reboot and it DEFINITELY doesn't need a sequel!!
    Flashpoint was like many other Geoff Johns arcs: interesting beginning, then treading water in the middle until reaching a rushed/muddled ending.

It also seemed like a reworking of The Wizard of Oz <MGM movie version> with Barry Allen in the Dorothy/Judy Garland role.

Flashpoint was like many other Geoff Johns arcs: interesting beginning, then treading water in the middle until reaching a rushed/muddled ending.
    Do you think Blackest Night was like that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Do you think Blackest Night was like that too?
    I didn't buy/read all of Blackest Night.
    I was just getting back into regular comic book buying / reading then (after about a 15 year break) and had limited access to buying new comic books at that time. Only bought the last two issues of that title (newsstand versions, not from comic book shops).

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Flashpoint wasn't that well regarded to begin with, even barring the fact that it jumpstarted the controversial to say the least, New Fifty Two.

Without the art by Andy Kubert and Geoff Johns being only one of three writers assigned to the project, this seems like a very hard sell.

But if Eduardo Risso draws the entire event and not just the zero issue, I'm on board.
    This is the first time I ever seen someone use the words for the New52.

I don't know anybody who asked for this or even wants this.

I would only accept this if it wipes away all the problems the original Flashpoint caused for the DCU.

Either Johns is trying to do a last minute victory lap over Didio's firing (hence '5G averted') or they are just using his name because it sells and someone else is actually writing the story with minimal input from Johns.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't know anybody who asked for this or even wants this.

I would only accept this if it wipes away all the problems the original Flashpoint caused for the DCU.

Either Johns is trying to do a last minute victory lap over Didio's firing (hence '5G averted') or they are just using his name because it sells and someone else is actually writing the story with minimal input from Johns.
    I think the latter.
    Although a part of me is curious to see what Jeremy Adams can do, I'm reluctant to pick this book up as it looks a lot more like another Batman book. This one is just being presented in Flash wrapping paper.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.