Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Please don't turn this into a sequel for Stargirl Spring Break Special.
    I bought that issue, but I ain't buying this series.
    I mean it’s only two issues, technically three, in. I’m just saying he referenced what he wrote in that. Not sure what will become of it or if he’s going to do anything in this book but he mentions the missing child plot that Stargirl was doing.

Edit: it’s not a plot point in the story itself, Thomas Wayne just sees it written on a wall and goes about his business. That’s it, I was just theorizing is all.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-07-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That last page with Superman...it just does SOOOOOOO MUCH with just 2 panels and 7 words...DAMN!!!!

Well Done...regardless of where the story goes, I am officially interested in seeing where it goes. Which is more than I can say for any DC book not named Worlds Finest written by Mark Waid rn.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Still enjoying this, still don’t understand a word of what is going on with the Bruce plot line. Guess he saved Flashpoint Thomas Wayne somehow… for some reason.
    A reviewer made a comparison of Barry and Bruce trying to save their parent kickstarting each Flashpoint title

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it’s only two issues, technically three, in. I’m just saying he referenced what he wrote in that. Not sure what will become of it or if he’s going to do anything in this book but he mentions the missing child plot that Stargirl was doing.

Edit: it’s not a plot point in the story itself, Thomas Wayne just sees it written on a wall and goes about his business. That’s it, I was just theorizing is all.
    Please don't theorize like that without making it more of a question. Saying
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So this is basically turning into a sequel for Flashpoint, Doomsday Clock, the Stargirl special, and maybe John’s work on Booster Gold?
    almost sounds like the first two were pretty much given and the only questionable possibility was "maybe John’s work on Booster Gold".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Please don't theorize like that without making it more of a question. Sayingalmost sounds like the first two were pretty much given and the only questionable possibility was "maybe John’s work on Booster Gold".
    Fair enough, I’ll try not to repeat that mistake in the future
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    That last page with Superman...it just does SOOOOOOO MUCH with just 2 panels and 7 words...DAMN!!!!

Well Done...regardless of where the story goes, I am officially interested in seeing where it goes. Which is more than I can say for any DC book not named Worlds Finest written by Mark Waid rn.
    Yeah, that reveal was pretty great.

On the other hand I have no idea what was going on in the bruce wayne scene, all that stuff about time masters just flew over my head.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, that reveal was pretty great.

On the other hand I have no idea what was going on in the bruce wayne scene, all that stuff about time masters just flew over my head.
    Yeah I’m not 100% sure what the Bruce plot is but I got some ideas.

spoilers:
    I think it’s hinted he may have created the new Flashpoint to save Thomas. I’m not 100% on that, could very well be wrong/reading into things with the snow globe too much.

But it also sounds like he’s stolen from Clark, Doctor Manhattan’s boy from the end of Doomsday Clock. “Blue faced Prodigy” and Jenny Slater aka Doctor Manhattan’s ex who got Cancer? Yeah I wonder who that was referring to
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-08-2022 at 05:28 PM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It was implied somewhere in Flashpoint Kara was Subject 3.
    I don't remember which part. Superman project I suppose, but don't remember exactly at what point.

There were six Project Superman subjects, with Krypto as 2 and Doomsday as 6. Four and Five left ambiguous, but I don't think it bodes well for Beppo the Super Monkey...
    In my headcanon, Lar Gand was Subject 5.He died of lead poisoning. He fall to earth on a friday.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Flashpoint Beyond #3 Preview
    Writers: Geoff Johns, Jeremy Adams and Tim Sheridan
    Artists: Xermanico, Mikel Janin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Flashpoint Beyond #3 Preview
    Writers: Geoff Johns, Jeremy Adams and Tim Sheridan
    Artists: Xermanico, Mikel Janin

Ohhhhhh I cant wait. I really like this all so far. Big Thomas Wayne fan.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

So...Flashpoint Superman's origin:

- Multiple pods rocketed from Krypton so more than one Kryptonian survived?

- Jonathan and Martha remain childless.

- The Rocket crash landed in Metropolis and killed a bunch of people (oops).

I have a feeling that Johns is going to introduce a Flashpoint Supergirl. The Flash movie is basically Flashpoint, and I think the whole reason for revisiting this world is to generate hype/synergy. Would be cool if she looked a bit like Sashe Calle or Cir El.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I have a feeling that Johns is going to introduce a Flashpoint Supergirl. The Flash movie is basically Flashpoint, and I think the whole reason for revisiting this world is to generate hype/synergy. Would be cool if she looked a bit like Sashe Calle or Cir El.
    I believe Flashpoint Supergirl was captured and killed, she was “Subject 3” as someone said above, but they could retcon that of course. I don’t think synergy is a concern here given they murdered Barry already.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I believe Flashpoint Supergirl was captured and killed, she was “Subject 3” as someone said above, but they could retcon that of course. I don’t think synergy is a concern here given they murdered Barry already.
    I mean this series has made a bunch of changes to the original event right? Like I’m pretty sure characters that were just outright dead are still running around for some reason. Hell this entire universe got erased in the Button.

And then there is Psycho Pirate who may or may not be the real one?
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...Flashpoint Superman's origin:

- Multiple pods rocketed from Krypton so more than one Kryptonian survived?

- Jonathan and Martha remain childless.

- The Rocket crash landed in Metropolis and killed a bunch of people (oops).
    Kal’s origin here is that:

spoilers:
    Krypton sent out a bunch of children to other planets to conquer them ahead of the arrival Krypton colonization ships. Jor-El is evil (or at least ruthless enough) to have sent Kal to Earth and is coming himself in five days to conquer the world
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/