Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda curious how well this sells. Despite Twitter continuing to try to “cancel” Johns, his Three Jokers sold really well, but his Shazam book did not. How well will this sell I wonder?
    Didn't whole cancellation thing happen after Three Jokers and Shazam?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Don't quote me on it but I think it was during the tail end of Three Jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Snyder stans hated Johns ever since JL, but leftist Twitter really came after him once Ray started going at him. Geiger came out after his “cancellation” and sold very well I understand, which is probably why DC doesn’t care about the backlash.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Shazam also had massive delays, which didn't really help it's sales much. Three Jokers, while massively delayed from when it was first teased, at least came out somewhat regularly when it was being released.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Thank gosh the heroes stopped 5G.

Anyway...the blackboard says Legion! It probably says Legions of FOUR worlds! Maybe it's saying something about remembering all of the Legions, and DC is ending the cycle of perpetual reboots. I choose to be optimistic.

Astonishing Member

5G is mostly averted except the legacy parts.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Pretty cool to celebrate the event that pretty much ruined DC for a good portion of its readers. What's next, Identity Crisis II with Crazy Quilt as a sex trafficker who slaps around Iris Allen?
    They did Identity Crisis II already. It was Heroes in Crisis.
    As long as the Flash isn't actually involved in Flashpoint, I don't really care, and I hope it's in a separate timeline from the rest of the DCU. Especially since the DCU will be in a different place by the time this miniseries wraps up around 2028.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    5G is mostly averted except the legacy parts.
    I thought AT&T and Verizon were still going ahead with their nationwide 5G rollout?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought AT&T and Verizon were still going ahead with their nationwide 5G rollout?
    Go awayyyy

"5G averted". lol I admit I did not expect to see Johns of all people dump on DiDio.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda curious how well this sells. Despite Twitter continuing to try to “cancel” Johns, his Three Jokers sold really well, but his Shazam book did not. How well will this sell I wonder?
    Twitter is a cesspool, man. Who cares what that black hole of **** has to say about anything. Are these people even DC fans anyway or just Snyder stans.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Thank gosh the heroes stopped 5G.

Anyway...the blackboard says Legion! It probably says Legions of FOUR worlds! Maybe it's saying something about remembering all of the Legions, and DC is ending the cycle of perpetual reboots. I choose to be optimistic.
    That would be cool. At least the it would make the classic LoS in play and allow for potential stories or mini series. Anything to stop Bendis’ monopoly on the franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "5G averted". lol I admit I did not expect to see Johns of all people dump on DiDio.
    Johns was against New 52. He is just not very public about it. There's that Kevin Smith interview where Johns basically goes on and on about how DC under Jeanette Kahn did everything better with CoiE compared to New 52 (apparently that was what made Johns a DC fan). New 52 also destroyed a lot of his plans for a bunch of books spinning off Brightest Day such as the James Robinson Hawkman book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Johns was against New 52. He is just not very public about it. There's that Kevin Smith interview where Johns basically goes on and on about how DC under Jeanette Kahn did everything better with CoiE compared to New 52 (apparently that was what made Johns a DC fan). New 52 also destroyed a lot of his plans for a bunch of books spinning off Brightest Day such as the James Robinson Hawkman book.
    Not to mention that Flashpoint wasn’t supposed to be a big reboot event, story is that Flashpoint was meant solely to be a Flash story and then it became a whole thing that drastically changed the DC universe even up to today, given that characters and history from the new 52 still exist.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.