Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda curious how well this sells. Despite Twitter continuing to try to “cancel” Johns, his Three Jokers sold really well, but his Shazam book did not. How well will this sell I wonder?
    Didn't whole cancellation thing happen after Three Jokers and Shazam?

  2. #32
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't whole cancellation thing happen after Three Jokers and Shazam?
    Don't quote me on it but I think it was during the tail end of Three Jokers.

  3. #33
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    14,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't whole cancellation thing happen after Three Jokers and Shazam?
    Snyder stans hated Johns ever since JL, but leftist Twitter really came after him once Ray started going at him. Geiger came out after his “cancellation” and sold very well I understand, which is probably why DC doesn’t care about the backlash.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #34

    Default

    Shazam also had massive delays, which didn't really help it's sales much. Three Jokers, while massively delayed from when it was first teased, at least came out somewhat regularly when it was being released.
    Last Read: Family Tree vol. 3: Forest

    Monthly Pull List: Batgirls, Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Devil's Reign, The Flash, Nightwing, Robin, Savage Avengers, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman '78, Superman: Son of Kal-El

  5. #35
    Fantastic Member justinslot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Thank gosh the heroes stopped 5G.

    Anyway...the blackboard says Legion! It probably says Legions of FOUR worlds! Maybe it's saying something about remembering all of the Legions, and DC is ending the cycle of perpetual reboots. I choose to be optimistic.

  6. #36
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    434

    Default

    5G is mostly averted except the legacy parts.

  7. #37
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Pretty cool to celebrate the event that pretty much ruined DC for a good portion of its readers. What's next, Identity Crisis II with Crazy Quilt as a sex trafficker who slaps around Iris Allen?
    They did Identity Crisis II already. It was Heroes in Crisis.
    As long as the Flash isn't actually involved in Flashpoint, I don't really care, and I hope it's in a separate timeline from the rest of the DCU. Especially since the DCU will be in a different place by the time this miniseries wraps up around 2028.

  8. #38
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    5G is mostly averted except the legacy parts.
    I thought AT&T and Verizon were still going ahead with their nationwide 5G rollout?

  9. #39
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought AT&T and Verizon were still going ahead with their nationwide 5G rollout?
    Go awayyyy

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    "5G averted". lol I admit I did not expect to see Johns of all people dump on DiDio.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2022 at 02:43 PM.

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda curious how well this sells. Despite Twitter continuing to try to “cancel” Johns, his Three Jokers sold really well, but his Shazam book did not. How well will this sell I wonder?
    Twitter is a cesspool, man. Who cares what that black hole of shit has to say about anything. Are these people even DC fans anyway or just Snyder stans.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Thank gosh the heroes stopped 5G.

    Anyway...the blackboard says Legion! It probably says Legions of FOUR worlds! Maybe it's saying something about remembering all of the Legions, and DC is ending the cycle of perpetual reboots. I choose to be optimistic.
    That would be cool. At least the it would make the classic LoS in play and allow for potential stories or mini series. Anything to stop Bendis’ monopoly on the franchise.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "5G averted". lol I admit I did not expect to see Johns of all people dump on DiDio.
    Johns was against New 52. He is just not very public about it. There's that Kevin Smith interview where Johns basically goes on and on about how DC under Jeanette Kahn did everything better with CoiE compared to New 52 (apparently that was what made Johns a DC fan). New 52 also destroyed a lot of his plans for a bunch of books spinning off Brightest Day such as the James Robinson Hawkman book.

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Johns was against New 52. He is just not very public about it. There's that Kevin Smith interview where Johns basically goes on and on about how DC under Jeanette Kahn did everything better with CoiE compared to New 52 (apparently that was what made Johns a DC fan). New 52 also destroyed a lot of his plans for a bunch of books spinning off Brightest Day such as the James Robinson Hawkman book.
    Not to mention that Flashpoint wasn’t supposed to be a big reboot event, story is that Flashpoint was meant solely to be a Flash story and then it became a whole thing that drastically changed the DC universe even up to today, given that characters and history from the new 52 still exist.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  15. #45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •