Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

I haven't seen anything to suggest that there might be.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

It also looks like the new golden age is going to be the time Masters crisis that Johns mentioned in Doomsday Clock.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I don't think than Geoff was friendly to the 5G.
    And I higly doubt than Bendisboot survives the return of the Johns.
    By the way... when was supposed to happen the crisis with Thor and Hulk?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

That one is further on down the line. We've got to get through this one first; and I'm pretty sure that John's isn't going to try and push for the secret crisis unless and until he can talk the folks over at Marvel into going along with it.

The point is that Flashpoint Beyond isn't a one-off event; it's triggering the time Masters crisis, which involves a lot of timeline alterations. I'm pretty sure you're right about both 5G (“5G Averted!”) and the bendisboot Legion (by the way, did I see Saturn girl in her prison get up in Flashpoint Beyond number four?); Do I also have some question as to whether the 5G crew Will survive even that long. For example, it would not surprise me if they don't even survive dark crisis. Maybe have them go out in a blaze of glory, sacrificing themselves to help pariah restore Multiverse 2 without having to destroy Earth zero, for example. Maybe, when all is said and done, Lois and Clark will wake up to find their not-yet-teen son, Jon, alive and well and back with them.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-18-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    by the way, did I see Saturn girl in her prison get up in Flashpoint Beyond number four?);
    No, it was miss Dent, the Flashpoint Two Faces, seen on her good side.

Do I also have some question as to whether the 5G crew Will survive even that long. For example, it would not surprise me if they don't even survive dark crisis. Maybe have them go out in a blaze of glory, sacrificing themselves to help pariah restore Multiverse 2 without having to destroy Earth zero, for example. Maybe, when all is said and done, Lois and Clark will wake up to find their not-yet-teen son, Jon, alive and well and back with them.
    I am convinced they will survive. I mean, killed them in the event would be a PR nightmare. Just imagine the twitter hordes how they would react if the Black Batman is killed, no matter how heroic his death could be. But I am in favor of the return of kid Jon. However, that Bendisboot Legion must go first.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Doomsday Clock number 12 meta timeline:
    2020: old gods make a mess of the timeline
    2025: Time Masters
    2026: Earth 5G is born
    2026: Superman searches for Batman's lost daughter in order to save Batman's son
    2030: the secret crisis.

There's more, but it involves a series of Superman reboots, with no larger implications.

Obviously, some of the details are off. However, let's go with the notion that the overall broad strokes are accurate. There was a crisis in 2020, but it was Death Metal rather than the old gods. 5g has been averted (but see below). The Time Masters crisis has come early. It won't surprise me if we get an “Earth 5G” when it's over, with most of the Bendis innovations (such as teen/adult Jon Kent and the Bendis Legion) being shunted there in lieu of staying in Earth 0 continuity. (I still think that Earth 5G is a reasonable name for it, as it heavily features the characters optionally created for 5G.) In the post-5G timeline, Batman's backstory gets retconned to include a daughter as well as Damien. Chalk that up to time travel shenanigans? Because the daughter will almost certainly be Helena Wayne, but from another time instead of another Earth.

As I said, secret crisis isn't going to be happening anytime soon; although I could see DC and Marvel deciding to do it at some point as an attempt to boost sales; much like the mid-90s DC Marvel crossover (that featured amalgam) was largely motivated in spiking sales in order to help both companies get through financial woes they were in.
    Rogue wears rouge.

That would mean Disney and Warner working together... unlikely.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sinking boats make for strange bedfellows.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Breaking news: Johns is now confirmed to be writing two new books, a Stargirl title and the Justice Society of America, as spinoffs from an upcoming “New Golden Age”. I mentioned them here because he made mention of Flashpoint Beyond in his talk about one of them. I suspect that this is going to be DCU Rebirth, take two.
    Johns was rumored to be doing his own line of DC books since he created his own production company and left the DC Comics CCO/pressident position. I'm thinking this is just a revamped version of that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Johns was rumored to be doing his own line of DC books since he created his own production company and left the DC Comics CCO/pressident position. I'm thinking this is just a revamped version of that.
    It wasn't rumored, it was officially announced - it just never materialized.

Astonishing Member

Also please don't get 5G mixed up with Future State. Future State also is mistly aborted now except the legacies aspect.

There's no mix up. Future State is what 5G was going to be, before Didio got booted.
    Rogue wears rouge.

No, more than half of the Future State had nothing to do with 5G. For example, if I remember right whole Magistrate plot for Batman line was created by Tynion after 5G was axed.

Edit: Future State also had lots of characters teaming up that wouldn't happen in 5G due to them representing different generations.

More like Future State was a last minute change over what the 5G would had been. A lot of series where changed to fit the new direction meanwhile others where adapted to the new circunstances, because a lot of work was already done and DC most probably would hadn't anything else to replace it. They have to use what they had on the production line already.
    I am Batman and Son of Kal-El are among those titles. I am Batman even starts with the legend: "Batman dissapered twelve years ago". That has been overlooked since then but it was a mishap than the writer overlooked since then.

But back on track, we are two issues from the end of Flashpoint Beyond and I wonder who is pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    . . . But back on track, we are two issues from the end of Flashpoint Beyond and I wonder who is pulling the strings.
    You mean besides Geoff Johns?

Hey, why not bring back Pandora in the end!