Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was a 1000% better than Dark Crisis.

It's not even close.

This had an actual plot that is actually engaging, understandable stakes, real character moments and development and a satisfying conclusion that leads to more stories.

I know, Dark Crisis isn't over but I just don't see it having a satisfying ending.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-18-2022 at 04:54 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post

It's not even close.

This had an actual plot that is actually engaging, understandable stakes, real character moments and development and a satisfying conclusion that leads to more stories.

I know, Dark Crisis isn't over but I just don't see it having a satisfying ending.
    Agreed. I enjoyed the hell out of this. And I didn't even care much for Flashpoint.

Plus this had a raccoon being thrown at Batman. That alone makes it far more interesting than Dark Crisis.

I'm still worried about Geoff Johns retroactively screwing around with the past AGAIN.

Poor Barry Allen was never the same after Geoff Johns did his past dirty back in Flash: Rebirth over ten years ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post

It's not even close.

Completely agree with you. I'm intrigued by the new characters from the Golden Age, especially Cherry Bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm still worried about Geoff Johns retroactively screwing around with the past AGAIN.

Poor Barry Allen was never the same after Geoff Johns did his past dirty back in Flash: Rebirth over ten years ago . . .
    If it makes you feel better, we'll always have the Metaverse. No matter what's done to the mainstream timeline, there will always be a point in the Metaverse's history where Superman debuted in Metropolis in 1938 and served as the inspiration for the first generation of superheroes.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Completely agree with you. I'm intrigued by the new characters from the Golden Age, especially Cherry Bomb.
    The only Cherry Bomb I know of was a rejected applicant for the Archie Legion. Is that who you're thinking of?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The only Cherry Bomb I know of was a rejected applicant for the Archie Legion. Is that who you're thinking of?
    No, it's gonna be one of the characters that will appear in the new Stargirl series and was already teased in the Earth-Prime issue of Stargirl.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/cherry-bomb/4005-177247/

Astonishing Member

Somebody needs to make the New Golden Age thread.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just read the stargirl spring break special for the first time in a while and looking back, Johns teased a lot of what the time masters were talking about in that issue. Even the JSA teaser that Bryan Hitch drew is referenced. Definitely starting to get more excited for the golden age, I forgot how much I love Johns long term planning when it comes to the DCU!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just read the stargirl spring break special for the first time in a while and looking back, Johns teased a lot of what the time masters were talking about in that issue. Even the JSA teaser that Bryan Hitch drew is referenced. Definitely starting to get more excited for the golden age, I forgot how much I love Johns long term planning when it comes to the DCU!
    But his short-term execution when it comes to failing to meet schedules is not something I "love" . . .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But his short-term execution when it comes to failing to meet schedules is not something I "love" . . .
    With how much prep time he's had for JSA, I'm hopeful it can run on time but we'll see..

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Johns will be our savior!

He is bringing the metaverse to the forefront and ignoring all of that Death Metal "it all happened" nonsense.

Thank God!

Bring on DC Rebirth 2! (DC Afterbirth?)