Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s apparently a very similar plot as they just reworked the Flashpoint movie script. Keaton’s Batman in place of Thomas Wayne and Calle’s Supergirl in place of tortured Kal El. Though I’m guessing the other Barry will turn out to be the villain instead of Thawne.
    Because heaven forbid we get a Flash villain in the Flash movie...

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think we all know what this means! Return of the New 52, y'all! Ow! Ow! Stop hitting me!
    Why would I want to hit you? I for one wouldn’t mind it at all.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Can we not do that please?

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This is also +1 Batman book
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Way too much clock imagery to not be suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is also +1 Batman book
    Cancelled Wonder Girl to make room for a Batbook lmao. We will be getting new project announcements next week however it seems. God I hope we get something for Steel, Conner, and Kenan…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I guess when Batman's the main character in an ensemble piece...I wonder if Flashpoint Superman will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is a terrible idea. They should be trying to extract and bin Johns’ “additions” from the fabric of DC, not letting him add more

Disregarding the accusations, he was the guys who was supposed to be overseeing the DCEU, and it caught fire on his watch. He should be memory holed for that alone
    You don't hire electricians to fix your broken sink. You don't hire comic book writers to over see movies. His ideas work when they are being interpreted by actual filmmakers not when he himself is overseeing things because movies/tv shows are out of his wheelhouse no matter how much he brags about having worked with Richard Donner.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You don't hire electricians to fix your broken sink. You don't hire comic book writers to over see movies. His ideas work when they are being interpreted by actual filmmakers not when he himself is overseeing things because movies/tv shows are out of his wheelhouse no matter how much he brags about having worked with Richard Donner.
    Stargirl turned out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Stargirl turned out pretty well.
    Extremely, i'm still surprised it's actually good

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cancelled Wonder Girl to make room for a Batbook lmao. We will be getting new project announcements next week however it seems. God I hope we get something for Steel, Conner, and Kenan…
    I highly doubt we're going to see them but I'd love to be proven wrong. I might start reading Titans United for Conner.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Didn’t the Stargirl special last year tease the lost daughter of Jay Garrick on an island of lost children?
    What the actual f***??
    I skipped the special, so how exactly does Jay have a lost daughter???
    If it involves Jay cheating on Joan some time in the past, I think I would completely lose my ****.
    PLEASE DC, don't piss all over one of the few well adjusted and (dare I say it) sweet couplings in comicdom.
    Jay & Joan have always been portrayed as a happy loving couple. I don't want to see the notorious 'dark & griity' again pervade the Flash universe.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Snyder stans hated Johns ever since JL, but leftist Twitter really came after him once Ray started going at him. Geiger came out after his “cancellation” and sold very well I understand, which is probably why DC doesn’t care about the backlash.
    Yet another example of how Twitter reflects a tiny minority of people.

BANNED

How much is Johns involved with this? Is it just a case of "Stephen King writes Dark Tower by Peter David" and he's "presenting" it?

Ultimate Member

Snyder stans hated Johns ever since JL, but leftist Twitter really came after him once Ray started going at him. Geiger came out after his “cancellation” and sold very well I understand, which is probably why DC doesn’t care about the backlash.
    It's hard to bully or derail sales of a books that are not under the DC or Marvel banner. Because some tend to act like those books from Image and others don't exist.

Since they derail false narratives. Books like Geiger don't pack bins. They actually sell out or leave very few copies. Attacking it would not have been worth anyone's time.

As for the backlash-DC caused that the moment they pandered. Plain and simple. Tossing Johns out for what you (or more WB) allowed to happen is pointless.