Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silk (2022) issue 1 preview.

https://www.cbr.com/silk-marvel-universe-return/

It comes out next week Wednesday.

I feel like every Superhero in the Marvel Universe has their own in-universe fandom.

(Also, Silk banters with common crooks a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like every Superhero in the Marvel Universe has their own in-universe fandom.
    It's starting to feel like the DC universe. Or at least now it was depicted in that Avengers/Justice League crossover. (The Avengers were surprised that superheroes were regarded so highly on the DC Earth, whereas the JLA were viewed with suspicion and even attacked on Marvel Earth.)

Also, Silk banters with common crooks a lot).
    I guess witty repartee comes with the radioactive spider bite.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Seems pretty realistic. There’s a sub-Reddit or Facebook group for almost every TV show, pop star, fictional character, etc. you can think of. They may not be big fandoms, but if superheroes were real I think each one would have their own super fans. I bet they’d be coordinating online (maybe by listening to police scanners) to find him or her whenever they popped up.

Extraordinary Member

(Also, Silk banters with common crooks a lot).
    Except Spider-man, no one likes Peter in 616.His new solo after Beyond is going to the extreme w/ that.
    That relatability hitting hard at home

As for the preview it's decent but I have no clue how they're going to spin this Social Media stuff.I doubt they'll go through w/ calling it a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Except Spider-man, no one likes Peter in 616.His new solo after Beyond is going to the extreme w/ that.
    That relatability hitting hard at home

As for the preview it's decent but I have no clue how they're going to spin this Social Media stuff.I doubt they'll go through w/ calling it a bad thing
    Who is the most unpopular Spider after Peter? Steel Spider ?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Who is the most unpopular Spider after Peter? Steel Spider ?
    Kaine is more popular then Ben

That punk calling Silk "Mom" sarcastically - jeez man, she's not THAT old!

Also, Cindy's feelings about everyone being glued to their phones would've made more sense when she debuted, when she would've been in the bunker (over a decade before the present day) since before Facebook and Twitter were popular (or even existed) than now, eight years later. Social media was already a thing when she went in the bunker now!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Also, Cindy's feelings about everyone being glued to their phones would've made more sense when she debuted, when she would've been in the bunker (over a decade before the present day) since before Facebook and Twitter were popular (or even existed) than now, eight years later. Social media was already a thing when she went in the bunker now!
    Considering the increased scrutiny if not flat-out condemnation of social media for its deleterious impact on both the individual/personal and societal levels . . . it's not that much of a stretch that Cindy would find it more trouble than it was worth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It's starting to feel like the DC universe. Or at least now it was depicted in that Avengers/Justice League crossover. (The Avengers were surprised that superheroes were regarded so highly on the DC Earth, whereas the JLA were viewed with suspicion and even attacked on Marvel Earth.)
    It's honestly kinda weird Avengers were used for that and sound so surprised, when a few years before JLA/Avengers, this happened:

(Avengers#10 vol 3).

While the parade isn't a norm, since it only happened after the Avengers returned from that Onslaught nonsense, they weren't treated that badly before, both stories are written by Busiek even.

Then again, I guess it can be said they were surprised at people asking for autographs when they don't even know who the Avengers are.

I think the scene that highlights better how different both worlds are is when Pietro visits the Flash museum, since it kinda highlights how DC heroes are basically worshipped by comparison lol.

I guess witty repartee comes with the radioactive spider bite.
    I guess the spider transfered the rest of the wittiness to her, 'cause Thousand got nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

It can still make sense if Marvel is going by her being released "13 years ago", since by 2009 cellphones weren't that overused, and she could have a few years without them being around that much too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Mna, Miyazawa was born to draw Cindy

This artist has been around for a while. He's drawn Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Spider-Gwen and the Runaways. This is his second volume on Silk.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It amuses me that Firestar is there.

Looks like there was a US/UK keyboard mix-up in the script for this issue. "Why is there a pound sign before SilkRules?" Cindy asks when reading something online. She meant a hash sign, as in a hashtag. # is Shift + 3 on a US keyboard, but on the UK layout it's £ (# is on the same button as ~, to the left of the Enter key), so that probably explains it (it's spelled out in the comic, but I assume was the symbol in the script). It'll need fixing for the TPB.

I liked the issue. I'm fond of the supernatural direction.