Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preview: X-Force #27

Cerebrax attacks in Percy & Gill’s X-FORCE #27
    The first X-Force issue of the Destiny of X era welcomes new series artist Robert Gill to the title.
    Comes out on April 6th.
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/x-force-2...tiny-of-x/?amp

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Oh no.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Oh no.
    OH GOD NOoooo!

Well. It was fun while it lasted ya'll. Goodbye Krakoa.

OH HECK NO not these two

Wait, this could work. Maybe Beast gets sanctioned, escaped to Brand's aid, and his hubris ends up backfiring on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Loving those reactions to that last page.

I’m ready to see what whoever is going to read it has to say. But I must admit… my interest is piqued.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Honestly I've been wondering for a while now whether Beast and Brand were even still a thing considering the lack of any on-panel focus on their relationship since, like, the SWORD mini. I think Kelly Thompson mentioned it in SWORD and maybe Ewing mentioned it? But that was about it.

At this point maybe they deserve each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I've been wondering for a while now whether Beast and Brand were even still a thing considering the lack of any on-panel focus on their relationship since, like, the SWORD mini. I think Kelly Thompson mentioned it in SWORD and maybe Ewing mentioned it? But that was about it.

At this point maybe they deserve each other.
    Not even Brand deserves to have to get saddled up with Beast. And yeah I say that after the events of SWORD and X-Men #9

I'm tentatively giving this a read but suspect it may well be more of the same. At some point I'm just going to have to read it through Marvel Unlimited though and forget the money I'm actually paying for it separately.

When is this Beast going to be revealed as Dark Beast ??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    OH HECK NO not these two
    Eh don't know. As other's said at this point they deserve each other...also wasn't Brand pregnant of Beast? Or am I confused with other characters?

The art looks great, and the issue seems to deliver in the chaos and bad shenanigans of Beast and Brand. Percy has delivered in the X Lives and Deaths event, so I'm thinking he was just waiting for the event to end to fire up the X-Force stories as well.

He had some cool things to say:

“There has never been an easy time for X-Force, but the year ahead is going to be particularly chaotic and challenging. I can’t get into too much detail about X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE—because Beast has listed those files as classified—but I will say that there are repercussions. For some of the characters of course. But also for one of the Cerebro units, which has become sentient, and it’s hunger for intelligence and power is quite literal. Cerebrax is coming. You should also expect some dramatic shake-ups to the team roster and a major transformation for Kid Omega that we’ve been building toward for some time. Take cover, because one of my favorite villains in the 616 is showing up in a multi-issue story I’ve been wanting to write for years. And expect for the Man With the Peacock Tattoo to finally be unmasked. Robert Gill’s art is blowing my mind and melting my email inbox; I can’t wait to share it with you all. Get ready for menace, mayhem, and moral confusion.”

Looks good. Sounds good. And X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine has restored my faith in Percy. I'm in.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

X-Force was one of the books most desperately in need of a cast and or writer shake up so it's kind of wild to me that the only change it's getting in this soft relaunch is replacing Cassara with the much less impressive Gill.

The funny thing about Brand and Beast is that each of them probably thinks that they are using the other. It would be fun to see Ewing play with that.

Cassara will be back. I believe he or Percy said it in an interview, and he'll just rotate with Gill on this book. And Percy says a cast shakeup is coming, so hopefully he delivers on that. I can't see Logan leaving this book, as he's now become as synonymous with X-Force as Cable used to be back in the day (thanks to the Kyle/Yost run and popularity of the OG Uncanny X-Force run by Remender and Opena). But I suppose everyone else is fair game. Seems like he has plans for Kid Omega, though, so he's likely to stay too... with some big change that's coming.

Fantastic Member

All I can think is, "Forge has seen enough hentai to know where this is going...."