Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Oh, so taking a modern era I'm really not jiving with and combining it with something I have a strong, nostalgic emotional connection to. That's not emotionally confusing at all.

Will this mean that Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit will actually have a role to play? If so then it could be fun.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Oh, so taking a modern era I'm really not jiving with and combining it with something I have a strong, nostalgic emotional connection to. That's not emotionally confusing at all.
    I don't want to spoil what's gone before in the 92 universe but if you have read the previous 18 issues then you'll know this House of X will be very different to the 616 version if previous stories are anything to go by.
    I didn't like Morrison's run but found the 92 universe version of Cassandra Nova more to my liking and the whole back story really fits with the time and the major players of that time.
    Even the ending of the original 92 comic book series could make the Moira retcon easier to understand if they choose to go down that route.
    I would of liked Sims and Bowers back for this but at this point I'm just happy we have more of the 92 universe.
    Last edited by Houseofhick; 01-15-2022 at 08:37 AM.

This looks like fun!

If it is connected to the cartoon, and not the comics in general, I hope we get to see more of other characters like Psylocke, Iceman, Bishop, etc...

I agree with some people that this might open up the way for a future arc in the new relaunched XTAS.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Will this mean that Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit will actually have a role to play? If so then it could be fun.
    I'm sold. Theres going to be a lot of good/interesting books coming out this March/April

Now is great time for all of us to re-read X-Men ‘92 (2016) to get prepared for this! Yeah!! Wohoooo!….thankfully, I redeemed all my digital codes for that issue so I don’t have to dig them out! So excitededed!!!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I don't want to spoil what's gone before in the 92 universe but if you have read the previous 18 issues then you'll know this House of X will be very different to the 616 version if previous stories are anything to go by.
    I didn't like Morrison's run but found the 92 universe version of Cassandra Nova more to my liking and the whole back story really fits with the time and the major players of that time.
    Even the ending of the original 92 comic book series could make the Moira retcon easier to understand if they choose to go down that route.
    I would of liked Sims and Bowers back for this but at this point I'm just happy we have more of the 92 universe.
    You might be right. I did like the X-Men '92 vampire story much more than "Curse of the Mutants".

I wonder how they’ll do it. There were a lot less mutants in 1992… if they start using ones created later, I know it’ll take me out of the story…

Astonishing Member

This has me thinking ,imagine they do 'Age of Sinister' set in 95, but with Krakoan reality as a dystopian arc where the council has broken up and Sinister has taken over Krakoa by releasing the CoV as his initial pet project that has matured in that age( Have it revealed he was behind the vault project say in the early part of 20th century) Would be a hell of a story , it doesn't even have to be set in 95 but can be set a few years from now to keep in step with the history of life 9 ,because this takeover ,creates the necessity of Apoc and fam to come rescue Krakoa and all but Apoc are destroyed and his genetic make up is the reason humanity are being turned blue like they were in life 6, but they are enslaved by Sinister..real potential here for Destiny's warnings about Krakoa to remain relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wonder how they’ll do it. There were a lot less mutants in 1992… if they start using ones created later, I know it’ll take me out of the story…
    They still had more than enough. Remember that the 1990s is the age when everybody and his mother was a mutant.

And even then, you can always drop a multitude of people to make it seem they are many, and add two or three cameos in it like the series did.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This has me thinking ,imagine they do 'Age of Sinister' set in 95, but with Krakoan reality as a dystopian arc where the council has broken up and Sinister has taken over Krakoa by releasing the CoV as his initial pet project that has matured in that age( Have it revealed he was behind the vault project say in the early part of 20th century) Would be a hell of a story , it doesn't even have to be set in 95 but can be set a few years from now to keep in step with the history of life 9 ,because this takeover ,creates the necessity of Apoc and fam to come rescue Krakoa and all but Apoc are destroyed and his genetic make up is the reason humanity are being turned blue like they were in life 6, but they are enslaved by Sinister..real potential here for Destiny's warnings about Krakoa to remain relevant.
    They kind of did this the 1st time around when Apocalypse was conquering the galaxy. The early to mid 90's was all about those pair so it would be nice to see the Cable future timeline in this version of House of X. Why have a Mutant vs machines when the ending of the original 92 universe sets up a perfect Age Of Apocalypse with it's very own Dark Angel Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    They kind of did this the 1st time around when Apocalypse was conquering the galaxy. The early to mid 90's was all about those pair so it would be nice to see the Cable future timeline in this version of House of X. Why have a Mutant vs machines when the ending of the original 92 universe sets up a perfect Age Of Apocalypse with it's very own Dark Angel Saga.
    Agreed. 100%.

Spectacular Member

If this continues from the 18 issues of the 92 universe then there are way more mutants than what were around back in 92. That may put you off but at the end of the 18 issues it becomes clear why this House Of X required NO Moira retcon in this universe. It's a cheese fest all the way through and all issues can be found on Marvel Unlimited if you have it.
    The team behind the original 18 issues also stated this universe is NOT canon to the animated series.

I mean obviously I am ecstatic to see that “X-Men ‘92” is coming back out in ANY form, but I was hoping it was going to be a relaunch of the series as an on-going title rather than just 5 issues. Maybe they are just testing the waters with this mini-series first to see if there is still enough demand for a full relaunch?! I hope it does well enough to make that a reality. I still fully believe that there was immense potential in the “X-Men ‘92” series, but that they went about it the wrong way. I don’t want FORCED “campiness, comedy and cameos”! I don’t need to see sharks with lasers on their heads or guns being twice the size of the characters holding them or characters covered in EXTREME spikes. I just want to see all new stories being told using the most iconic version of the teams and characters. Anyway, I never read the whole “House Of X” story originally, so this will be like an all new story for me regardless.

As a side note with this mini-series and the upcoming “X-Men ‘97” series on Disney+, I really hope this will FINALLY encourage Marvel to release all 3 seasons of their “X-Men Adventures” series in TPB format. They collected the much inferior/inexplicably “Rogue-less” spin-off series “Adventures Of The X-Men” into TPBs, but they won’t do the original series?! It doesn’t make any sense. I also would be thrilled to see them release a One-Shot TPB that collected the 6 Pizza Hut and 4 Hardee’s exclusive mini-comics in it.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!